Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Thread - Mark II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

anybody looking to make new friends ?

35 year old north dub guy , all my friends just stay in the same pub every single week ( no kidding ) thats not for me , im looking just to make new connections to hit pub with or cinema etc all innocent , meetup seens to be orientated to certain dates they meet up etc

Meet up is really good i think though, Ive gone to a few and there nice because you are never really stuck to find anyone to go out with, I just went to a new one last weekend and had a really nice time, and they are going to Killarney soon so im going to that now aswell, Im also joined to macra which isn't bad either. There would probably be loads in Dublin because there are a good few in Cork. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Karsini wrote: »
    I did it myself a few weeks ago. Out of 17 pairs, I matched with none! :( My confidence took a battering that night.

For you my little lamb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Autosport wrote: »

Auto your literally the coolest :pac:

With a serious love for pics :P

Tom ;)

Tom ;)

Maan this could get outta hand very fast if I writed what was first thing came into my mind :pac: :P

• Advertisement

:D

:D

Pfft I'm a relatively open person...no need for effort...just ask :pac:

Except pics....I'm pure a work in progress at the min :D:D

Though I'm looking forward to a waterford v kk league final :P :D:D

Awh, thank you. :o

Feeling really needy tonight so that was good timing!

You know we're all here for each other "hugs"

Fair play for actually going aswell to speed dating....

My ego wouldn't be any Bit able for it....do you find it tough to talk about yourself etc

Or is it waaay different in real life than on TV

• Advertisement

Pfft I'm a relatively open person...no need for effort...just ask :pac:

Except pics....I'm pure a work in progress at the min :D:D

Though I'm looking forward to a waterford v kk league final :P :D:D

Tom you know you love KK really ;). Tbh I could be moving out west so I'll have to make sure to bring my KK flags with me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

howdy all :)

Evening :) how are you?

Tom you know you love KK really ;). Tbh I could be moving out west so I'll have to make sure to bring my KK flags with me :D

Pfft they've no hurling out there though
    :(

Evening :) how are you?

I'm good thanks:) relaxing in bed, and yourself?

bf and I still together 3 months on (I went on a date back in January) taking it slow but going well :)

Fair play for actually going aswell to speed dating....

My ego wouldn't be any Bit able for it....do you find it tough to talk about yourself etc

Or is it waaay different in real life than on TV

I found it a bit awkward to start with. The first woman was absolutely gorgeous and I was tripping over my words a bit. But we laughed it off and I was able to carry on. Really thought I'd match with at least someone.

I found it a bit awkward to start with. The first woman was absolutely gorgeous and I was tripping over my words a bit. But we laughed it off and I was able to carry on. Really thought I'd match with at least someone.

I know it's not much help now....but fair play to her for being sound and up for the laugh
    Imagine if it went terrible at the start and downhill from there!!
    I guess some were prob not really looking...maybe only there as support to a friend??
    (Though I might have a horrible cliched view on it)

Would ya do it again....you never see the likes of that arranged for waterford...though I guess after two runs they'd run out of people :pac:

Pfft they've no hurling out there though
    :(

Shur Galway play in Leinster now ;) that's where I'd be going

So do Kerry apparently??

Galways so cool like....I'd friends from there when I was in FAS...mad men they were

All sheep farmers aswell :D

So do Kerry apparently??

Galways so cool like....I'd friends from there when I was in FAS...mad men they were

All sheep farmers aswell :D

Best of luck with your move!!

• Advertisement

I know it's not much help now....but fair play to her for being sound and up for the laugh
    Imagine if it went terrible at the start and downhill from there!!
    I guess some were prob not really looking...maybe only there as support to a friend??
    (Though I might have a horrible cliched view on it)

Would ya do it again....you never see the likes of that arranged for waterford...though I guess after two runs they'd run out of people :pac:
    It's possible, some of the women seemed to know each other. So they may not have been looking anyway (a friend did suggest this to me afterwards).

I might do it again, haven't really thought about it yet.

It's possible, some of the women seemed to know each other. So they may not have been looking anyway (a friend did suggest this to me afterwards).

I might do it again, haven't really thought about it yet.

It's a horrible scene to be getting over involved with....I wish you the best :)
    You seem a top bloke

Though tbh I'm still not rightly in the headspace for it....was half tempted to download tinder earlier....but I'm pure glad now I didn't

I know il have to do something at some stage...but I'm seriously questioning the effort vs reward scale at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I did it myself a few weeks ago. Out of 17 pairs, I matched with none! :( My confidence took a battering that night.
    Aw yeah it's hard, have gone a couple of times now, have matched with an odd guy here and there. But don't be too dis-heartened ya have to take it with a pinch of salt. But also even with a couple of matches, when it came to it, they weren't up for meeting again afterwards or arranging any dates. :confused::rolleyes: So I dunno if they were just filling up the Dating-Cards on the night for the sake of it or what!
    Were you living in our lovely Gaillimh for a while at some stage before over the last couple of years Auto or am I thinking of somebody else?!
    bf and I still together 3 months on (I went on a date back in January) taking it slow but going well :)
    Aww that's lovely atc! How did you meet him if I may ask?! Does he live near or do ya see much of him?
    anybody looking to make new friends ?

35 year old north dub guy , all my friends just stay in the same pub every single week ( no kidding ) thats not for me , im looking just to make new connections to hit pub with or cinema etc all innocent , meetup seens to be orientated to certain dates they meet up etc

I find Meetup okay. Do go to a couple of things. But also the more ya go ya start to recognize faces and it's nice for things to kind-of become familiar in a way I think. Golly Dubland out of everywhere should be the best County to find a date in! But I see what yer saying about friends sticking with same Local usual Haunt and what-not. There is 2/3 Singles Groups on Meetup in the Dublin area though. I'm in them! Havn't gone on any of their Meetups yet but I might sometime.

Aw yeah it's hard, have gone a couple of times now, have matched with an odd guy here and there. But don't be too dis-heartened ya have to take it with a pinch of salt. But also even with a couple of matches, when it came to it, they weren't up for meeting again afterwards or arranging any dates. :confused::rolleyes: So I dunno if they were just filling up the Dating-Cards on the night for the sake of it or what!

Were you living in our lovely Gaillimh for a while at some stage before over the last couple of years Auto or am I thinking of somebody else?!

Aww that's lovely atc! How did you meet him if I may ask?! Does he live near or do ya see much of him?

I find Meetup okay. Do go to a couple of things. But also the more ya go ya start to recognize faces and it's nice for things to kind-of become familiar in a way I think. Golly Dubland out of everywhere should be the best County to find a date in! But I see what yer saying about friends sticking with same Local usual Haunt and what-not. There is 2/3 Singles Groups on Meetup in the Dublin area though. I'm in them! Havn't gone on any of their Meetups yet but I might sometime.

thanks mise:D

course you can, we met in a training centre for people with Asperger's when I was 19, he started a few months after me. We became friends and remained so, until things changed around Christmas last year when we both got up the courage to ask each other out.

He lives around 40 minutes away from me so not too bad. We normally meet up at the weekends as I'm in college during the week :)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

I'm seriously questioning the effort vs reward scale at the min

Same here! But as a friend said to me, there's no reward without effort. How much effort is too much effort though right??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody ever been to the monthly singles nights
    in mcgowans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

in mcgowans

I've never been to a singles night in my life. I'd be so so nervous!!! I don't think there is any in the Waterford area tho so I'd have to travel a bit to find one me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

in mcgowans

I've been a few times great craic!!

McGowans in general is an exceptional night spot, normally Friday or Saturdays is a great laugh but not for your shy type or anyone looking for a 'Lilly's' or Sams bar type experience!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

jimbo32123 wrote: »
    I've been a few times great craic!!

McGowans in general is an exceptional night spot, normally Friday or Saturdays is a great laugh but not for your shy type or anyone looking for a 'Lilly's' or Sams bar type experience!!!

do people actually meet or is it just all games ?

im only up the rd in finglas but wouldn't go down on my toblerone

Advertisement