Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Fox Zero

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I find Nintendolife intermittently good, but a lot of news is just repackaged click bait, at least in my experience.
    I'm not sure what you're saying with being less shackled on the forum there, of that is a reference to this forum.
    I would hope not.
    But the site does have decent reviews at least, though it's never my goto site for news.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    It wasn't pedantic, it wasn't about the term you used. It was about that 'knowing' it a month ago was some form of semi-boast.

I don't use any forums they have so can't comment on that but I can't recall any Nintendo site that there's not good discussions on or some short of shackling. Their articles have gone very poor. Sometimes whole articles that end like ....now this probably is a unsubstantiated rumour....', knowing full well that's exactly what it is and even stretching it out to another one with the same topic. But saying that, a lot of video game sites have turned into that.
    You heard? You mean you read it on some internet forum somewhere. It also hasn't just come to light, there was a report last week about particular parts of the game have taken longer to implement.

What I highlighted is what I took from what you said wrote, if we're talking writing in the literal sense. It wasn't a semi-boast and it wasn't from a forum. Another Nintendo site reported it much earlier because even yesterday a site wrote that they too had heard the rumour long before then but had held off on reporting it.
    Some rumors regarding Star Fox Zero’s development have been floating around the internet lately, but since there was no credible source attached, we haven’t reported on them.

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-star-fox-zero-facing-development-issues-over-the-games-motion-controls/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Lads, I'm not the moderator of this forum, and I'm trying not to step on any toes here, but you are both risking infractions by persisting in this personal type of stuff, agree to disagree on it or it's just going to end badly for everyone concerned.
    And I'll leave it up to Retr0 and Starlord to do the rest, apologies to you both if I've overstepped.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn is right, it's petty bickering and is right on the line, so stop it now please.
    There have been several warnings issued in the past on this kind of thing, and there will be no further warnings, just infractions/bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

what is a good site for nintendo related news? I thought Nintendolife was a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Also, I reckon this is only being delayed to give them time to repackage and redesign the box.
    they've decided to release it as an amiibo bundle and lock content in the game needing the amiibo
    and I for one am delighted with that.

NintendoLife is a good site, though others disagree. And amiibo support was included a long time ago, it's been mentioned several times. We have Star Fox and Falco already. Expect a Slippy and Peppy amiibo, probably an Arwing amiibo, possibly Wolf and General Pepper and maybe a new Star Fox model(Mario has 7 different models). Nintendo rarely lets a game come out now without tainting it in some way with amiibo.

http://kotaku.com/shigeru-miyamoto-has-good-news-for-amiibo-skeptics-like-1714239554

They were talking about trying to make a transforming Arwing amiibo, but they weren't sure how feasible it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A toy aircraft? that transforms into something else? IMPOSSIBLE! It will never happen!
    <Quick Megatron, we've been rumbled! CHEESE IT!>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Yeah but if you're got to also give it an amiibo base connector, its probably harder.

• Advertisement

Yeah, or it'd have to be incredibly simple.

Just had the money for StarFox Zero deducted from my account.... should I be pleased or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just had the money for StarFox Zero deducted from my account.... should I be pleased or not?

How did you pay for it as I've not had any money taken out yet for my preorder of it or zelda, which releases much sooner than StarFox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Probably not pleased. Although the delay hasn't been confirmed by the big N yet.

Who took your money? That's extremely early for that to happen.

The Game Collection did.

The Game Collection did.

If you paid by paypal then thats probably why they took it so early

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was in Gamestop at lunchtime and they had new stickers on their Star Fox boxes that weren't there before, saying "Out 31/7". Do they know something that we don't? :)

Mr E wrote: »
    I was in Gamestop at lunchtime and they had new stickers on their Star Fox boxes that weren't there before, saying "Out 31/7". Do they know something that we don't? :)

31/7?
    31st of July?
    Not smiley face content that!
    More of a frowney face tbh!
    One of these :mad:
    I want the game now, gods damn it!

I was in Smyths a few weeks ago and I thought they still had due out for Christmas stickers on the boxarts or was it coming soon stickers? Well the same ones that have been on them for months now, an orange and white colour I think.

• Advertisement

It's a pity that we have to be subjected to delays at all, in a world where the sequel to a MCU movie series can have its release date fixed years out, why on earth can't a videogame have some similar veracity in their release schedule.
    Answering my own question, it's probably because they underestimate the length of time a game takes to make, again and again, not to mention ironing bugs out and wholesale restarting games when the work so far turns out to be sh1te.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/704761725233569792?s=09

Known insider says Nintendo to decide this friday whether to delay SFZ or not

Feck it anyway, I need this game in my life!
    How on earth can it be taking so long?

That could be part of its problem, it may not be taking long enough. Miyamoto was looking for a developer to make it at E3 2014. So Platinum have had at most a year and a half to make this. Games these days very often take 3 years at least to make. What was shown back then shown behind closed doors was very early in development, probably only a few months from the way he was talking. He was in a hurry to make it.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-nintendo-wii-u-star-fox-hands-on-and-miyamoto-q-a/1100-6420327/
    sligeach wrote: »
    Star Fox Zero. The game is supposed to be out next month but we haven't heard or seen a thing in months.

https://www.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/704761725233569792

I don't know, does that mean it still has problems but they just want to be done with it regardless? They should take their time I believe but they could be beyond the point of diminishing returns. I don't think it'll be very good but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and eat those words.

How did I forget this thread existed and I made it before posting in Wii U general discussion? Old age.

Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 10PM about Summer releases for wii u and 3ds, so here's hoping we hear something about it, whether its delayed or not. I can't wait to play it but if it has to be delayed to be polished and be a good game then I'm content with waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

EJ22 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/704761725233569792?s=09

Known insider says Nintendo to decide this friday whether to delay SFZ or not

Is that liam robertson fella reliable tho? i remember last year he had the ''big scoop'', that the Nx wouldnt be as powerful as the PS4 and that he was absolutly sure of it.

Finally a Ninty Direct!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is that liam robertson fella reliable tho? i remember last year he had the ''big scoop'', that the Nx wouldnt be as powerful as the PS4 and that he was absolutly sure of it.
    Finally a Ninty Direct!

In short no he's not. He claimed Shovel Knight was in Smash, and if i'm not mistaken he was also the guy who claimed Nintendo weren't publishing Devil's Third, only to be debunked less than 24 hours later. He's also claimed other things that were false that can't think of right now.

Probably thinks the world is flat..... and Mario shaped....

In short no he's not. He claimed Shovel Knight was in Smash, and if i'm not mistaken he was also the guy who claimed Nintendo weren't publishing Devil's Third, only to be debunked less than 24 hours later. He's also claimed other things that were false that can't think of right now.

My bad! I didn't know he wasn't the best I just seen it over on reddit and thought it would be good information to share here.

Ah well here's hoping the nintendo direct answers some of our questions one way or another

• Advertisement

April 22nd is official as seen on the nintendo direct.

Advertisement