Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Fox Zero

Options
1235712

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    Corholio wrote: »
    Did you have Irish address or PM?

    Not that i think it matters cos it seemed to be my card they rejected for lack of funds.

    I put in my Irish address, while leaving the "UK" part at the bottom because you can't change it anyway. Maybe it does depend on the bank, or maybe it depends on the card (credit v debit)? I used a credit card so the funds can't really be 'reserved' until dispatch...


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    I used my debit card. Really should be a lot clearer on their site though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I've been told that my money hasn't been taken but rather the funds have been reserved by my bank and are frozen until dispatch and then released.
    To me, that's a long winded way of saying, money is taking straight away on preorders. Must depend on your bank.

    It could be this, they probably check if the correct amount of funds are there at the time of pre-order and if not won't let it go through.

    I didn't think they could 'freeze' funds that long though, if that what they have indeed done.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    I'm half tempted to cancel this now, & just pick up the regular version at some stage...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    Myrddin wrote: »
    I'm half tempted to cancel this now, & just pick up the regular version at some stage...

    Feck it, cancelled. The regular version will do just fine.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22




  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass


    EJ22 wrote: »


    That tshirt is ****ing hilarious!!

    So bad it's good.

    Think I'll still just pick this up in the shop though to have it day 1.

    The last two games I preordered were halo 4 and street fighter v both of which didn't get to me until at least a week after laud which wasn't the end of world but a pain in the hole at the same time.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper


    I love the look of of that t shirt! That probably say more about my (lack of) fashion sense though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass


    I love the look of of that t shirt! That probably say more about my (lack of) fashion sense though.

    Kinda reminds of 90's tie dye terribleness.

    As I say though it's the only preorder that has me reaching for the purchase button.

    Definately a so bad it's good kinda thing.

    You could nearly frame it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me


    Id buy from Nintendo UK all day long if they sell to Ireland. Really annoying trying find these limited editions else where.
    Had preorder with Amazon.co.uk but surely that be normal print, so likely cancel that one.
    Anyhows thanks for Amazon.de link, But First print there for 77e.

    Crazy I know, Buy I collect Steelbooks and that starfox one is stunning.
    Amazon.de have always been great to deal with, their Mario Kart 8 Steelbook I got is a thing of beauty... SF one will go nicely next to it.

    885x.jpg
    Cctja2pXEAA1ttC.jpg


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22


    kevin2me wrote: »
    Id buy from Nintendo UK all day long if they sell to Ireland. Really annoying trying find these limited editions else where.
    Had preorder with Amazon.co.uk but surely that be normal print, so likely cancel that one.
    Anyhows thanks for Amazon.de link, But First print there for 77e.

    Crazy I know, Buy I collect Steelbooks and that starfox one is stunning.
    Amazon.de have always been great to deal with, their Mario Kart 8 Steelbook I got is a thing of beauty... SF one will go nicely next to it.

    I'm honestly just trying to hold out for amazon.co.uk to stock it because i have a £12 voucher from the defective kindle charger on my account so if I can use that against the price of it I'd rather it. That Mario Kart steelbook is a beauty though


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    I'm happy with my cheap as chips regular copy, and given how much fun I had with Starwing on the Snes on release and the N64 edition too, this should be fantastic. Hopefully The Game Collection won't make me wait too long after release to play it.
    Steelbooks though, I don't know, I've a lot of them and, in the greater scheme of things, they just blend into the background.
    I'm more interested in the arrangements for pervy Uncle Grippy, will Starfox Guard be included with the regular game, as a download code?


  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22


    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm happy with my cheap as chips regular copy, and given how much fun I had with Starwing on the Snes on release and the N64 edition too, this should be fantastic. Hopefully The Game Collection won't make me wait too long after release to play it.
    Steelbooks though, I don't know, I've a lot of them and, in the greater scheme of things, they just blend into the background.
    I'm more interested in the arrangements for pervy Uncle Grippy, will Starfox Guard be included with the regular game, as a download code?

    My understanding of it is that SF Guard will be available as a download code either separately or with the regular version, but is available as a disk for the first print edition


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    Starfox Garda! 0kh94JT.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm happy with my cheap as chips regular copy, and given how much fun I had with Starwing on the Snes on release and the N64 edition too, this should be fantastic. Hopefully The Game Collection won't make me wait too long after release to play it.
    Steelbooks though, I don't know, I've a lot of them and, in the greater scheme of things, they just blend into the background.
    I'm more interested in the arrangements for pervy Uncle Grippy, will Starfox Guard be included with the regular game, as a download code?
    star_fox_guard.jpg
    Pervy Uncle Grippy. LMAO!

    It's just begging for a Benny Hill photoshop op.
    english-actor-and-comedian-benny-hill-poses-with-his-waxwork-outside-picture-id127690234


  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22


    sligeach wrote: »
    It's just begging for a Benny Hill photoshop op.

    I was bored so here you go:

    EHQaSs1.jpg

    another SFZ bundle on nintendo.co.uk with a star fox hat + both fox and falco amiibos http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-amiibo-pack/11261880.html


  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22


    Not Star Fox Zero related but probably of some interest here:

    https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/711841082875711488


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    I'm not buying that game again!
    I have it for the N64 and 3DS, and it isn't as iconic to me as LoZ, so no digital copies for me!
    Pity they don't stick it on the StarFox Zero disc though, as well as the Snes release... it's probably what they would have done 5 years ago, but now there's too much of a payday to be had by selling it to us instead of giving it away via digital store.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    Star Fox Zero - Limited First Print Edition is up on Amazon Italy for €100.

    http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01CSV07UQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl

    I'll politely say they can go **** themselves with that price.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭sligeach




  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22


    sligeach wrote: »
    Star Fox Zero - Limited First Print Edition is up on Amazon Italy for €100.

    http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01CSV07UQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl

    I'll politely say they can go **** themselves with that price.

    no longer available from amazon IT now either

    did amazon UK ever stock it


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme


    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm not buying that game again!
    I have it for the N64 and 3DS, and it isn't as iconic to me as LoZ, so no digital copies for me!
    Pity they don't stick it on the StarFox Zero disc though, as well as the Snes release... it's probably what they would have done 5 years ago, but now there's too much of a payday to be had by selling it to us instead of giving it away via digital store.

    Agree, its a joke at this point. I wonder how many actually get it a third time?
    Still prefer when it was called Lylat Wars and came in a stupidly big box.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    jos22 wrote: »
    no longer available from amazon IT now either

    did amazon UK ever stock it

    No.

    Star Fox Zero: website update (stages, routes, missions)

    Today, Nintendo updated the official website for Star Fox Zero in Japan, adding some additional details and screenshots about the game (and more precisely the stages, routes, and missions).

    In order to defeat Andross, you will have to travel across the Lylat system all the way from Corneria. Here’s a list of stages to be found in the game:
    • Planet Corneria
    • Meteo α
    • Area 3
    • Planet Zoness
    • Sector β
    • Titania
    • Sector γ
    • Planet Fichina
    • Planet Fortuna
    • Sector Ω
    • Venom

    Just like in Star Fox 64, there’s secret routes to be found in the various levels of the game. Obviously, those lead to secret bosses, and then alternate routes in the overworld map. For example, in Corneria, if you switch to the Walker, you can head through a tunnel at one point, which leads to a secret boss. But that’s not all: within levels, if the right conditions are met, you can take part in some extra missions.

    http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/star-fox-zero-website-update-stages-routes-missions/

    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/afxj/index.html

    There's screenshots at the links as well.


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    Agree, its a joke at this point. I wonder how many actually get it a third time?
    Still prefer when it was called Lylat Wars and came in a stupidly big box.

    Well, I am particularly happy to be able to play both Starfox on my region free Super Nintendo and Starfox 64 on my NTSC N64, at least they are full screen and full speed, rather than the depressingly poor PAL conversions.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,994 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Did the US get the rumble pak bundled?


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    So it would seem...
    StarFox64_N64_Game_Box.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick


    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, I am particularly happy to be able to play both Starfox on my region free Super Nintendo and Starfox 64 on my NTSC N64, at least they are full screen and full speed, rather than the depressingly poor PAL conversions.

    Wasn't Lylat Wars the first Pal game that Nintendo optimised properly?

    I have a vague recollection of that being the case.


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    If so I stand corrected!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22


    now listed for EUR 69.99 on amazon.de
    think it about 10 euro amazon de charge to ship so 79.99 really
    but ya back in the gamecube days starfox 64 would have being a bonus on the disk

    I remember AC on the Cube had something like 10 free Nes games hidden in the game to unlock

    gamestop listing is 79.99

    amazon France cheapest i have seen it for 59.99


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭sligeach




Advertisement