Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Fox Zero

Options
1246712

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22


    Star Fox Zero - First Print edition found here: https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/star-fox-zero-first-print-edition/AD2YW4

    Now personally, i think £60 is a bit over the top for a steelbook so hopefully this isn't the actual RRP seeing as this is the first site I've found with the game listed for pre-order. I'm going to hold off for now at least and see if any other retails start putting it up as TGC, Amazon, Nintendo UK Store, Gamestop or Game.co.uk don't have it up yet.

    Star Fox Guard Download code is actually a good price from this site though: https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/star-fox-guard-voucher/AN276E?ic=alsoviewed-AN276E


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    Corholio wrote: »
    The First Print Edition...

    (Starfox Guard's case just contains a download code, no physical disc)

    star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-810x400.jpg

    Just to update on this. It seems I was wrong to say that it's only a download code in the box. For the First Print edition it's actually 2 discs, Starfox Zero and Starfox Guard. It's the Standard Edition of Starfox Guard, when bought on it's own, is the one that will have just a download code.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    EJ22 wrote: »

    No international shipping, so I assume this is a parcel motel jobbie? Has anyone here used this crowd before for delivery here?


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    Myrddin wrote: »
    No international shipping, so I assume this is a parcel motel jobbie? Has anyone here used this crowd before for delivery here?

    I've used them several times before. I just put my address as Ireland and the games get here. Now, I did have a bit of trouble with Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water. Their customer service is very good. They had to send the game 3 times. The first 2 went missing. The third arrived in a big box full of those transparent bubble pillows. The game slid around a bit in the box and got some minor cosmetic damage(scrunching of the outer cardboard sleeve).


    Then about a fortnight later, one of the other 2 sent copies turned up. Surprised it made it here at all, it had "Co." and then nothing. So no county name or Ireland on it. And under that was written "Storbritannien". They send their games from Denmark, even though it's a UK domain address. That was a bad experience, took well over a month before I got it. But they handled it well and in all my previous experiences I had no trouble at all.


    I didn't say anything about the second copy of PZ: MOBW. They told me that if games don't arrive at their destination then they're sent back to them as they have a return address on them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    sligeach wrote: »
    I've used them several times before. I just put my address as Ireland and the games get here. Now, I did have a bit of trouble with Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water. Their customer service is very good. They had to send the game 3 times. The first 2 went missing. The third arrived in a big box full of those transparent bubble pillows. The game slid around a bit in the box and got some minor cosmetic damage(scrunching of the outer cardboard sleeve).


    Then about a fortnight later, one of the other 2 sent copies turned up. Surprised it made it here at all, it had "Co." and then nothing. So no county name or Ireland on it. And under that was written "Storbritannien". They send their games from Denmark, even though it's a UK domain address. That was a bad experience, took well over a month before I got it. But they handled it well and in all my previous experiences I had no trouble at all.


    I didn't say anything about the second copy of PZ: MOBW. They told me that if games don't arrive at their destination then they're sent back to them as they have a return address on them.

    I work for them and we have been waiting for this. Long have we expected this subterfuge from you and you're caught now my laddie!



    Anyway ignore that. Do you guys think that this will be going price for this? Should we order now or hold off?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do you guys think that this will be going price for this? Should we order now or hold off?

    Can't help to preorder now & see how it plays out...you can always cancel if other options arise :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    Myrddin wrote: »
    Can't help to preorder now & see how it plays out...you can always cancel if other options arise :)

    I'm all mixed up but cool shop not take for preorder straight away?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm all mixed up but cool shop not take for preorder straight away?

    Not according to the site anyway
    We charge the money for the product when we ship it.
    We usually ship the product so that it arrives on the day that the product is released.


  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22


    First print edition has popped up on amazon.de http://www.amazon.de/First-Print-Edition-inkl-Guard/dp/B01CK88UNS

    not much to see atm as it says its not available at the moment, but its more than whats shown on amazon.co.uk


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    Though not confirmed I'm guessing this will be a one size fits all, Europe wide bundle similar to Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and others. I need to see a good price, if it's the equivalent of £60 like Coolshop and what the Nintendo Store are rumoured to be charging then they can take a run and jump off a cliff. No way am I paying €80, reviews will help make my decision to buy and for how much. €50, we have a deal. €60, and it better be awesome.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1


    I ain't paying an extra 20 quid or so for some starfox mini game, that sounds dumb.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    Has anyone used coolshop there? I can't get my address to validate as I'm trying to use my Irish address.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Has anyone used coolshop there? I can't get my address to validate as I'm trying to use my Irish address.

    I've used them several times. They're generally very good. You can't change UK on the address form. Just write your address as normal and write Ireland of course. You're seriously thinking of paying £60 for the FPE are you?

    Edit: Well **** that, just checked their website, it's now £65. :mad:


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    sligeach wrote: »
    I've used them several times. They're generally very good. You can't change UK on the address form. Just write your address as normal and write Ireland of course. You're seriously thinking of paying £60 for the FPE are you?

    Edit: Well **** that, just checked their website, it's now £65. :mad:

    It's looking for a valid postcode though. It's a high price but if I'm buying the game, I want it in cardboard.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's looking for a valid postcode though. It's a high price but if I'm buying the game, I want it in cardboard.

    Try your eircode. It accepted mine


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's looking for a valid postcode though. It's a high price but if I'm buying the game, I want it in cardboard.

    I put in my Eircode. Nearly €85? XCX's bundle cost €50-55 delivered, the same with PZ: MOBW. I want the bundle too but it's Star Fox Zero with a mini game. Someone must be selling it cheaper. Coolshop are the only retailer so far with a price. Give it time but Nintendo have cut it fine though from announcing the bundle to when it arrives on shelves especially when you look at previous examples of bundles. We still don't know if the game's any good either.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    sligeach wrote: »
    Nearly €85?

    If it's anything like the Bayonetta first print, then it'll only ever go up. That's the cruel part about being a collector, waiting to buy tends to only increase the pain :o Either way, I preordered knowing I could easily cancel it if it shows up at a better price, if not, then so be it. It'll be a limited release for a Nintendo console at the end of its life...also known as gold dust for collectors.


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    I ain't paying an extra 20 quid or so for some starfox mini game, that sounds dumb.

    I think you've hit the nail on the head.
    Over the years we have been treated to some smashing games with great extra content baked in, like Project Gotham and Geometry Wars.
    But now we give ourselves paying for something that is little more than a side project that was a novelty prototype not that long ago, a game that should have been integrated into Starfox Zero from the get go.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    Myrddin wrote: »
    If it's anything like the Bayonetta first print, then it'll only ever go up. That's the cruel part about being a collector, waiting to buy tends to only increase the pain :o Either way, I preordered knowing I could easily cancel it if it shows up at a better price, if not, then so be it. It'll be a limited release for a Nintendo console at the end of its life...also known as gold dust for collectors.

    Done and dusted. It took my eircode, thanks.

    I agree with your sentiment. Sure the price is very high right now but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Here's hoping Smyths get it in though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Done and dusted. It took my eircode, thanks.

    I agree with your sentiment. Sure the price is very high right now but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Here's hoping Smyths get it in though.



    Doubtful. They didn't have either the Xenoblade Chronicles X bundle or the Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water bundle. Or further back, the Bayonetta 2 FPE. They seem more interested in the amiibo bundles.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    sligeach wrote: »
    Doubtful. They didn't have either the Xenoblade Chronicles X bundle or the Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water bundle. Or further back, the Bayonetta 2 FPE. They seem more interested in the amiibo bundles.

    Well maybe; argos, littlewoods or oxendales. You know, anywhere but Gamestop, as I want to pay less than Coolshop.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Done and dusted. It took my eircode, thanks.

    I agree with your sentiment. Sure the price is very high right now but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Here's hoping Smyths get it in though.

    Did you get your order through?

    It kept saying 'there was an issue with processing the payment' after I went through the Visa protection stuff.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    Corholio wrote: »
    Did you get your order through?

    It kept saying 'there was an issue with processing the payment' after I went through the Visa protection stuff.

    Yeah got it through. I did have to try it a few times, as it didn't work earlier today at all.
    I remember having issues trying to process an order with them in the past before as well, similar to what's happening to you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah got it through. I did have to try it a few times, as it didn't work earlier today at all.
    I remember having issues trying to process an order with them in the past before as well, similar to what's happening to you.

    Ya it keeps saying there's a problem with processing the payment. Did they take any payment out of yours?


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    yep took my payment straight away! I thought they only took payment on delivery.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    yep took my payment straight away! I thought they only took payment on delivery.

    Ah that's the problem then, I too also thought they only take it when it ships as they state on their website. Wasn't enough funds to pay now. Thanks for helping to solve that.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin


    Corholio wrote: »
    Ya it keeps saying there's a problem with processing the payment. Did they take any payment out of yours?
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    yep took my payment straight away! I thought they only took payment on delivery.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Ah that's the problem then, I too also thought they only take it when it ships as they state on their website. Wasn't enough funds to pay now. Thanks for helping to solve that.

    Mine went through without payment being taken :confused:


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    9 Things Shigeru Miyamoto Told Us About the New Star Fox

    http://time.com/4245215/starfox-wii-u/


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    Myrddin wrote: »
    Mine went through without payment being taken :confused:

    Did you have Irish address or PM?

    Not that i think it matters cos it seemed to be my card they rejected for lack of funds.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    Myrddin wrote: »
    Mine went through without payment being taken :confused:
    Corholio wrote: »
    Did you have Irish address or PM?

    Not that i think it matters cos it seemed to be my card they rejected for lack of funds.

    I've been told that my money hasn't been taken but rather the funds have been reserved by my bank and are frozen until dispatch and then released.
    To me, that's a long winded way of saying, money is taking straight away on preorders. Must depend on your bank.


Advertisement