Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 supershipman

Now for me is not working "PARTSET A" let say as all areas from first floor.
    I created areas, grouped them, I checked user permission - but "PARTSET A" option is not active :(

Is any help step by step?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Areas & zones omitted for part sets are 2 different things.
    Think of each Area as a virtual separate system that can be armed independent of each other area.
    Each of these areas can then have zones included or omitted for both part set A & B.
    Once areas are enabled then the part set options have to be enabled in edit area.
    Engineer
    Configuration
    Areas
    Edit Area
    Part Set Options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Can spc be connected to ifttt or Alexa for arming and disarming?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It has a lot of built in ways to define triggers and virtual outputs etc. What are you wanting it to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

possible also this way but its definitely DIY

SPC Panel -> SPC Gateway -> MQTT -> Nodered -> Alexa Home Skill
    or
    SPC Panel -> SPC Gateway -> MQTT -> Domoticz (or other HA) -> Alexa Home Skill
    Middle elements above would run on a local linux machine.

Result = "Alexa, turn off alarm" etc.
    don't use ifttt so no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If you get text messages from your inturder alarm you can use the Android SMS detector as the IF statement on IFTTT to do something.

Similarly if your panel can receive a text to srm or disarm etc (as SPC can) then you can use the SMS generator as the that statement. It's very doable.

thanks for inputs.
    i was thinking:
    if my phone is not connected to house wifi, trigger ifttt to alarm on.
    or
    me saying alexa alarm ON or alarm OFF
    i have wifi module, no gsm module on it.

one more question - when the alarm goes off, i get an email notification.
    is it possible to get app notification on the phone?

No on the current version of SPC Connect.
    We use Gmail which gives a push notification to your phone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

one more question - when the alarm goes off, i get an email notification.
    is it possible to get app notification on the phone?

No, the app is limited to remote access to the alarm.
    You wont get push notifications using same.

• Advertisement

thanks for responses

Your welcome. Another option we recommend is to set up a separate Gmail account for your alarm and set the alert for that email as a ringtone you will respond to.

i got this notification email today when i was at work.. any idea what is it?
    2017-07-26 18:17:10: ATS Up, ATS : SPC Connect

Its your network connection back up. The system polls the service & notify s you if the connection drops off /returns.

i got this notification email today when i was at work.. any idea what is it?
    2017-07-26 18:17:10: ATS Up, ATS : SPC Connect

Did you only receive one email?

altor wrote: »
    Did you only receive one email?

yes - just one

I was just telling you the IP connection was back up . Depending on the ATP category you have set for polling you may not have been notified you of network down .

To Check what the polling times are set to.

Full Engineer>Communications>FlexC>
    Edit Configured ATS
    Edit Sequence Table and select from

ATP Category Polling Interval Polling Timeout Polling Interval Polling Timeout
    Cat 6 [Ethernet] 8s 20s 8s 20s
    Cat 5 [Ethernet] 10s 90s 10s 90s
    Cat 4 [Ethernet] 30s 3min 30s 3min
    Cat 3 [Ethernet] 60s 30min 60s 30min
    Cat 2A [Ethernet]2min 4hr 2min 4hr
    Cat 2 [Ethernet] 2min 24hr 2min 24hr
    Cat 1 [Ethernet] 2min 30 Days 2min 30 Days

There is some good information in the Configuration Manual Here from SPCs own website.

yes - just one

So you never received a email with the comms down, just when it came back up?

altor wrote: »
    So you never received a email with the comms down, just when it came back up?

no. just one email.

no. just one email.

You would of been looking for both.
    No use receiving the back up email after your system had been down.

• Advertisement

no. just one email.

How long was the network down for?
    What Category is the polling set for in the SPC ATP Cat 1-Cat 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Great amount of information on this thread but I still have a few questions :) We're moving in a newbuilt soon, and thinking of installing SPC 4320.

- Would it be a good idea to add the GSM Module (is that the correct word?) as a backup to the internet connection?
    - Does the SPCK 420 support easy arm/disarm methods such as card/fob?

Hi
    That's an option. Their new GSM also supports 3g. Using data on a sim you can keep up the app connection as well as getting text alerts and having the option of text commands to control the panel.
    The panel allows for pace proximity key fobs or the SPC 521 keypad can read most other cards also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi
    That's an option. Their new GSM also supports 3g. Using data on a sim you can keep up the app connection as well as getting text alerts and having the option of text commands to control the panel.
    The panel allows for pace proximity key fobs or the SPC 521 keypad can read most other cards also.

Thanks KoolKid! Can I ask what's the GSM module model number (and it's price)? Also, does it come with a world SIM card, or do we choose one ourselves?

Some fobs I saw are upwards of €70 - can we use different/cheaper versions?
    Would the SPC 521 give us more options in regards to cost?

Lastly, we'd be thinking of CCTV in the future and I saw we can view livestream through the app. Do I understand correctly that there is no recording or whatsoever? If so, would it be possible to do both recording on a PC and livestream through the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

yannakis wrote: »
    Thanks KoolKid! Can I ask what's the GSM module model number (and it's price)? Also, does it come with a world SIM card, or do we choose one ourselves?

Some fobs I saw are upwards of €70 - can we use different/cheaper versions?
    Would the SPC 521 give us more options in regards to cost?

Lastly, we'd be thinking of CCTV in the future and I saw we can view livestream through the app. Do I understand correctly that there is no recording or whatsoever? If so, would it be possible to do both recording on a PC and livestream through the app?

The 4320 kit comes with the lcd panel & 2fobs included. Probably works out cheaper than separately. Can't remember how much I paid for mine

The SPCK521 will allow more different cards to be used ,including contactless bank cards etc.
    The 2 G GSM code is SPCN320.000
    I think the 3G is SPCN340.000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    The SPCK521 will allow more different cards to be used ,including contactless bank cards etc.
    The 2 G GSM code is SPCN320.000
    I think the 3G is SPCN340.000

Have they improved the touch screen on these? Lovely looking keypad but I had loads f problems with them.

Yes there was an issue with the paint used on the inside of the glass.
    There is a nice new black one coming out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

Hi I have a 6 core cable going to 2 windows with Aritech 613 shock/magnetic sensors and a door with same sensor.
    I want to use tamper and 4k7 Eol going to 4320.
    I have also 2 keypads, spck421 that came with the alarm and the 521.100n.
    I did order the expander spce651 which I was told is analysed version.
    What's the best way to wire remembering that the door needs entry/exit timing.

• Advertisement

Where is all the equipment located in relation to each other?
    Are you wiring from scratch & are you using existing wiring in place?

Advertisement