Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

Existing wires in place all go to unit.
    I made a diagram upstairs/downstairs with model names.

Hi KoolKid
    Made easy schematics for connecting various devices if that helps.
    Wiring are new in the house, never had an alarm.
    I installed all the equipment just need to connect them up
    The alarm guy doesn’t want to know about the Siemens system.
    I set the pyronix sensors jumpers for alarm and tamper to 4k7 connecting +/ - /left Alarm /right Tamper

Thanks for ur help.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You seem to have all home runs so all Keypads /Expanders can wire in together into + - A1 B1
    For alarm inputs the pairs wire in a common negative . So zone 1 wires into 1 & C / Zone 2 into C & 2 etc.
    Come back to me with what else you need.

Yes I connected expanders/bell/keypads/pir and velux contacts so far as shown in my 2 diagrams.
    Is it right the why I wired them?
    Also do I connect the - strobe on the ext bell to - Int bell on the spc?
    And how do I wire tamper for internal bell?

What is the best way to connect in deol the 3 gs613 sensors with magnetic contacts?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wiring looks OK so far.
    Wire Strobe + To bell + & - to spare output and programme as strobe -.
    Internal tamper can be wired in series with bell tamper return or into Aux Tamper.
    The 3 GS613s in series would be pretty much the same as your 2 contacts in series only all contacts & sensors are in series with the parallel resistor across them all.

• Advertisement

For the gs613 am I right as in diagram?
    Thanks

So I connect tr from panel to Int bell tamper 1
    Then connect tamper 2 from Int bell to tamper resistor on external bell
    There is a 2k2 resistor between tr and boh at the panel:
    Do I need to use this going to tr at the external bell as there is a resistor on that side also?
    So the -strobe connects to no on panel?
    What about com ... does it need to be connected?

Maximo23 wrote: »
    For the gs613 am I right as in diagram?
    Thanks

For Duel wiring across multiple devices

428866.jpg
    All tampers must be in series with the 4K7 resistor. All shocks & contacts must be within the parallel 4k7 resistor. You use a 3rd core in the cable to extend the resistor across all sensors & contacts.
    The result is:
    Zone closed resistance :4k7 ohms
    Zone Tamper :Open or short circuit
    Zone Open : 9k4 ohms

Maximo23 wrote: »
    So I connect tr from panel to Int bell tamper 1
    Then connect tamper 2 from Int bell to tamper resistor on external bell
    There is a 2k2 resistor between tr and boh at the panel:
    Do I need to use this going to tr at the external bell as there is a resistor on that side also?
    So the -strobe connects to no on panel?
    What about com ... does it need to be connected?
    Place the bell tamper return resistor in the bell itself. Lets say the tamper return is on the yellow & the internal tamper is Yellow & blue.
    Connect the tamper return to the blue of the internal tamper & the yellow into tamper return in the panel.

Hi koolkid alarm up and running but cant connect to the panel through web. The keypad gives me spc connect offline.
    I tried to connect from ie using the ip address from communication menu but nothing. I eventually did get to connect when i removed the dhcp setting. But when i put in user id and password always gives me wrong user / password.
    Is the password from the password setting in ethernet menu?
    And user id is the user name in User menu ...

• Advertisement

User ID id Your user name as set in your alarm code.
    Password will be your alarm code.
    To log in as engineer use Engineer as user name & engineer code as password.

When i try to register my panel on my account i keep getting panel offline.
    I deleted the registration id could that be the problem?
    At least before it was giving me password /user error

When you say you deleted the registration ID do you mean you deleted the ATS /ATP?

Hi got spc working
    app ios also working.
    What are the settings for shock+ contacts in zone settings?
    I used alarm for all zone types with entry exit for front door and back door. Everything seems to be working.
    Do i need to enable any attributes for shock sensors?
    I also have 3 pir set as alarm also is that ok?
    Also i have 2 ace fobs but in pace setting i can only set one.
    Does that mean only accepts 1 of them?
    You have been great help. Thanks

In zones goto attributes>Analysed & enable. Gross & Pulse will then appear in the next 2 lines.
    Have you enabled push notifications for your IOS device in your SPC Connect account.?

Yes ios push notification is enabled.
    Tested all zones all working great shock included.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

Just got an update to SPC connect on my android phone. Push notifications seem to be enabled in this version. At least they can be configured against a site, haven't tested them yet.

Once you add it on the phone it will also show up and be configurable on your SPC Connect account under edit panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Has anyone used the “Map” feature in SPC Connect App?
    Just wondering what type of app is used to draw the floorplan.

Its just an image file so any drawing/paint application would do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Thank you very much, I thought I needed some 3D Home design program

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joendebriun

Hi,

I have a new SPC4320 install with 521 panel. Simple residential setup: bell, PIRs, reeds... all working fine. I'd like to check my configuration using a browser connection but having difficulty connecting using ethernet port on main unit.

DHCP is enabled and IP correctly assigned (in this case 192.168.2.9, along with mask and gateway). When I ping the unit IP, I do get a prompt response from unit.

My understanding is that opening a browser session at https:\\192.168.2.9 on a local machine (same subnet) should display the SPC login prompt. In my case, the connection times out. Seems like the server deamon is not running or crashed on the unit.

Does any have the same problem and found a solution? or should I simply get the unit replaced?

Thank you for your help.

Note: Unit is a week old, FW 3.6.6.

Have you tried it on a couple of different browsers?
    Is the DHCP assigning gateway & DNS correctly also?
    Have you tried manually setting it up?

Thanks for the prompt reply Koolkid.

Indeed I tried a couple browsers to no avail (chrome, firefox, ie). DHCP is assigning gateway and DNS correctly. I did tried a manual setup. In both cases pinging the IP works. I also tried a factory restore.

Are you aware there some option buried deep in the panel menus to de/activate the built-in webserver (I read the doc again but couldn't find anything)?

Thank you for your help.

Don't know of anything to turn off the browser totally. Access can be restricted by user but you should still get the login screen.
    The range is a bit unusual. Who is your ISP? Is it possible they have port 443 reserved for access to their unit. I have come across this before on DigiWeb and the likes.
    If you have a direct connect lead you could try logging in there & changing the port.

Thanks for the reply.

I setup the local subnet to 192.168.2.XXX (I tried other more conventional ones to no avail) Other devices on subnet are working fine with external access to Internet via gateway (ISP is Vodafone in this case).

I also tried a direct connect with manual IP setup but again no response on browser. I'll try USB next to see if I get some form of connection.

Do I need an Internet access to get the internal server to respond? (that would be odd)

No, you should be able to access the browser locally regardless of WAN access.
    And port 443 is not assigned to anything else. Does the panel show up on the routers device list?

Yes that would be my understanding. I have the USB connection setup, IP for modem is 192.168.5.1 as expected but no response from browser. IP gets assigned correctly on both RJ45 and USB using direct connection, but no response on browser. The CD contains SPCPro 3.7.2 and firmware. I am thinking of flashing firmware, I have 3.6.6 on the CD. However, SPCPro requests a password on launch before I can click the connection button. Any idea which password I should use? Thanks for your help.

Problem solved using USB and SPCPro. After flashing firmware, browser access is now working. Thank you KoolKid for your help and suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any alexa integration to spc connect?

Advertisement