Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kub wrote: »
    Funny how I have the ability to answer questions that other posters put to me as well,
    Untill you don't want to.:D
    Of course I would, but I cannot speak for HKC. .
    You weren't asked to speak for HKC you were asked for an opinion.
    In your opinion, should a company being paid for a monitoring/notification service notify their customers if service is down & it appears to be a permanent problem?
    Positive promotional feedback you say, absolutely their products are perfect.
    Just proved my point.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    Untill you don't want to.:D

You weren't asked to speak for HKC you were asked for an opinion.
    In your opinion, should a company being paid for a monitoring/notification service notify their customers if service is down & it appears to be a permanent problem?

Just proved my point.:D

I can't lie, HKC gear is the best, it ticks all the boxes ;)

Maybe HKC are doing something about this now as it has been brought to their attention. I am not going telling them about it, they should know what to do themselves.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am not licensed to provide a monitoring service so I would not know the answer to that I am afraid
    Of course I would, but I cannot speak for HKC.
    I can't lie, HKC gear is the best, it ticks all the boxes ;)

Maybe HKC are doing something about this now as it has been brought to their attention.

LOL if this was an issue with any other manufacturer you would be slating them from a height.
    You jumped into this thread ready to slag off Vanderbilt for down time on a free service , but not HKC for charging customers on a service thats not working.:confused:
    Nice to see the true colours shine through.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

ATS & ATP down from 20:31 till 22:10 yesterday and again from 01:25 till 02:05 this morning. Is this just me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

20.33 til 21.13 according to my system log

• Advertisement

LOL if this was an issue with any other manufacturer you would be slating them from a height.
    You jumped into this thread ready to slag off Vanderbilt for down time on a free service , but not HKC for charging customers on a service thats not working.:confused:
    Nice to see the true colours shine through.:D

I missed this post.
    Right I was not having a go at Vanderbilt, I was mentioning to you that this is just an example of what happens when you and especially you advise people to go for the free option.
    You know well also that we install Vanderbilt systems and I have no issues with their equipment at all.
    With regard to your usual hop off HKC, well they are not responsible for the telephone lines in Ireland and they are the issue here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

kub wrote:
    I missed this post. Right I was not having a go at Vanderbilt, I was mentioning to you that this is just an example of what happens when you and especially you advise people to go for the free option. You know well also that we install Vanderbilt systems and I have no issues with their equipment at all. With regard to your usual hop off HKC, well they are not responsible for the telephone lines in Ireland and they are the issue here.

Kub.
    You had a rest last week, the fights over, it's not round two.

Best if the Siemens HKC arguments were stopped again.

Stoner wrote: »
    Kub.
    You had a rest last week, the fights over, it's not round two.

Best if the Siemens HKC arguments were stopped again.

My apologies Stoner, I just felt that post needed a response. I will leave it there on the public forum and i just hope that the discussion can be followed up by all interested parties in the private forum.

Spoke to Tech Support. Apparently over the past 3 months they have been enhancing and expanding the cloud servers and that has resulted in some down-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Did virgin media push out a change to some of their modems?

The port mappings seemed to be timming out every 60 seconds. Needed to bring the polling interval down to 30 seconds.

Anyone else see similar?

• Advertisement

There have been some issues with different modems software whereby the SPC panel would not resolve the DNS and reconnect straightaway. SPC version 3-8-0 has addressed this .

Thanks KoolKid, any chance you could tell me where to download 3.8.
    Regards, F

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed use boards for sharing software.
    You could contact any installation company or Vanderbilt.

Thank you, Ill send them an email.
    Regards, F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

freddy99 wrote: »
    Thank you, Ill send them an email.
    Regards, F

Hi freddy,

If you have any luck obtaining it, would you mind forwarding it to me?

There have been some issues with different modems software whereby the SPC panel would not resolve the DNS and reconnect straightaway. SPC version 3-8-0 has addressed this .

Yea the TCP/IP stack seems to be a little picky. I must try and update to 3-8-0.

I swapped from using the url to the ip address and it didn't solve the issue, so definitely wasn't DNS related.

Until i changed the polling rate, it would show up as available on the app, but when i would try access the panel it would fail.

So was it even your local connection that was dropping off?

Local connection was always ok via the web browser.

The first out going poll from the panel always worked fine too. I didn't get a chance to wireshark it, but seems to be using udp and expecting the NAT to keep the reverse port mapping alive. They should really be using uPNP to request the required ports to open on the NAT, but don't seem to have implemented that.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

KoolKid wrote:
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed use boards for sharing software. You could contact any installation company or

Could i ask the reason behind this? Its extremely helpful and much appreciated getting these software updates. Why would there be an issue?

The powers that be feel there is/may be a copyright issue.
    Most installation company's using these systems have permission to distribute and update firmware etc.
    Contacting some of them would be your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 supershipman

Hi,

I have a issue with SPC 4320, when I set to FULL SET and some of the area are open, the "alarm" is not stopping arming or asking me for inhibit area - but continue to FULL SET and then the alarm is going off.

How prevent this, let say beeping a warning on keypad, like cant go into FULL SET (if a particular zone/area is open) ?

Sounds like a zone on your system is programmed as an Access type zone which allows you pass through it while the entry/ exit timer is active, outside of that time it is a normal zone and acts accordingly.

Yes, Windows are programmed as Alarm type - this think is correct ?
    But how to stop arming in FULL SET - if window is open on first floor?
    now is continue arming in full set - even if window is open - and then when is time out of arming - the alarm is triggered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, Windows are programmed as Alarm type - this think is correct ?
    But how to stop arming in FULL SET - if window is open on first floor?
    now is continue arming in full set - even if window is open - and then when is time out of arming - the alarm is triggered :(

Are you programming the system yourself?
    As Kub has said it sounds like the zone is programmed for access, alarm is the zone type.

altor wrote: »
    Are you programming the system yourself?
    As Kub has said it sounds like the zone is programmed for access, alarm is the zone type.

Yes, im programming my self the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, im programming my self the panel

Go into the zone menu/zone attributes.
    See if you have access selected for this zone.

This is my current settings

http: //i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh585/supershipman2/Areas_zpstf6qekg0.jpg
    http: //i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh585/supershipman2/user_zpsys5u2yz2.jpg
    http: //i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh585/supershipman2/Zone-Atribute_zpskwm9johf.jpg
    http: //i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh585/supershipman2/Controller_input_zps5xapx0kc.jpg

Images are easy to go through.
    Is this whats happening...
    You leave the window open & enter your code to set the alarm. The alarm sets as normal fully & then activates.

Does the alarm activate straightaway and display fail to set?
    Is the zone set to alarm & not access?
    Has your user code go inhibit & isolate permissions.?
    Is the keypad assigned and located within the area you are arming?
    With areas enabled>EBus> Edit Keypad.

You leave the window open & enter your code to set the alarm. The alarm sets as normal fully & then activates.
    Yes. if window is closed - then is fine
    Does the alarm activate straightaway and display fail to set?
    Yes
    Is the zone set to alarm & not access?
    have access
    Has your user code go inhibit & isolate permissions.?
    have just inhibit permission
    Is the keypad assigned and located within the area you are arming?
    Yes

Many thanks

• Advertisement

Can you confirm the zone type and the attributes assigned to that zone.?
    Does the alarm do the same with any open zone or just that one?
    What software version is on the panel?

Advertisement