Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are only the 8 zone expanders. If there is wireless on the panel you can add additional wireless devices without the need for an expander. Each wireless device will be the next free zone number. Siemens only have wireless contacts (not sensors) you can wire additional contacts into these.
    Check with suppliers for prices on these.

Great thanks.

So the zone expanders are all external to the panel? Am I correct in thinking the wireless on these panels needs a receiver to be added to the panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Great thanks.

So the zone expanders are all external to the panel? Am I correct in thinking the wireless on these panels needs a receiver to be added to the panel?

While waiting for KoolKid to confirm...

I have purchased and connected an external wireless expander to the same panel. There are an internal wireless expander and an external. Probable external is dearer, don't know. Reason I went for external is that I connected on the XBus and I can physically fitted in any corner of the house, for a perfect exposure to all sensors. Also, not ALL the available wireless sensors works with the extender...I had a list on the manual,probably right but again,not sure.
    I will try to keep wired ALL sensors and use wireless only for the key ring remote and maybe something else, based on Kool Kid recommendations.

What is the reason that you went over the default built-in 8 wired zones !? Asking you as I am looking to get an extender with 8 wired zones myself.

Regarsd

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Great thanks.

Wireless can be added inside the panel with an external aerial , externally with a wireless expander or internally in a keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 golu

Great thanks.

The 4320 housing has room for one 8 zone expander. It is the same expander you can use external.

And note, if your 4320 has metal housing and you would like to have the SiWay receiver in the panel you have to choose the SPCW110 with external antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

rolion wrote: »
    While waiting for KoolKid to confirm...

I have purchased and connected an external wireless expander to the same panel. There are an internal wireless expander and an external. Probable external is dearer, don't know. Reason I went for external is that I connected on the XBus and I can physically fitted in any corner of the house, for a perfect exposure to all sensors. Also, not ALL the available wireless sensors works with the extender...I had a list on the manual,probably right but again,not sure.
    I will try to keep wired ALL sensors and use wireless only for the key ring remote and maybe something else, based on Kool Kid recommendations.

What is the reason that you went over the default built-in 8 wired zones !? Asking you as I am looking to get an extender with 8 wired zones myself.

Regarsd

Thanks.

I should be able to work with 8 zones, but I was thinking for future trouble shooting purposes it might be easier to have one sensor per zone, even if it was a bit more expensive to install.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

I should be able to work with 8 zones, but I was thinking for future trouble shooting purposes it might be easier to have one sensor per zone, even if it was a bit more expensive to install.

Thanks.
    Im struggling myself with the areas/zones/sensors

I'll like to have 4 area:
    external_front
    external_back
    internal_ground
    internal_bedrooms

Setup external Dual Tech PIRs for front and back of the house,to scare potential unwanted "pets". On detection,daytime,a beep will be ok,night time a beep and floodlights. I plan in doing that with the 3 OUTputs of the panel,a buzzer and 2-3 smart flood lights.

If they are still persisting,day & night time full allert internal_ground with shock and with vibration sensors on each door and on each window frame / section. Doubles that with inernal Dual Tec PIRs set on any motion covering doors and windows.

Night time,i will like to setup "full set" external both and internal_ground with bedrooms left unset.

Anytime no one in the house,full set,all four areas / zones / sensors.

Not sure how i'm i going to configure internal sensors on serial 8 wires cables,all the sensors together so that will make sense to internal system's algorhythm and to my defence / attack logic.

Will that scare any of the "pets" !? Or attract them...
    I have 7 CCTV camera very good quality (car plate recognition) so,with that combined i guess will be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 klukas

Hi guys,
    I'm new in Siemens SPC and I was wondering where I can download audio annunciation file for my SPCK521 keyboard?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You don't download it. You create it and save it using SPC Pro. Then you upload it back to the panel.

Thanks KoolKid, do you have SPC Pro which can be shared or where I can get the software downloaded?
    Also, are you telling me that I have to record the audio or just pick up sone from SPC Pro and create the file with it?

I have PMed you the latest build of SPC Pro.
    You create the file using the announcements already there. You can also use a built in text to speech generator.
    You can also import/create your own audio files.

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid really appreciate that.
    I see that you are expert in SPC panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hardgas

Hi Kookid. Got my spc4320 installed with spck520 touchscreen keypad during the week..... Snazzy bit of kit I must say. Would you mind passing on the latest spc pro, would really appreciate it.

PMed you that.

Thanks Kookid, very much appreciated

Hello,

What will the difference will be between this one - Siemens Smart PSU with 8 inputs and 2 outputs, G2-housing - and other one -Siemens Expander with 8 inputs and 2 outputs, back tamper G3 - !?

I would like to use it edicated to few outside / external sensors adn devices,both output and inputs.

Thanks

Hello,

What will the difference will be between this one - Siemens Smart PSU with 8 inputs and 2 outputs, G2-housing - and other one -Siemens Expander with 8 inputs and 2 outputs, back tamper G3 - !?

I would like to use it edicated to few outside / external sensors adn devices,both output and inputs.

Thanks

The Smart PSU is in its own housing with a power supply . You would use this if you were adding a lot of powered devices like smoke detectors PiRs etc.
    Otherwise the other one powered by the panel will be fine.

The Smart PSU is in its own housing with a power supply . You would use this if you were adding a lot of powered devices like smoke detectors PiRs etc.
    Otherwise the other one powered by the panel will be fine.

Thanks,you're correct: got the SmartPSU one from NWT as i plan in using for PIRs.
    Connecting as follows:
    Smart_panel -=- SmartPSU_Expander -=- WiFI_Expander -=- KeyPanel

The lads in there said that is one customer that orders and talks only and only Siemens stuff...is that you !? :) Well, apart from myself... :)

Regards and thanks,again.

The ebus connection can go in any order.
    Connect everything first then the panel will do an ebus scan on the initial power up.

The ebus connection can go in any order.
    Connect everything first then the panel will do an ebus scan on the initial power up.

Up and Running, thanks.

375626.jpg

I gave myself one more day to get the wiring labelled and my pleasure meeting you for a coffee ! :)

• Advertisement

Hi... Just trying to get a handle on polling. My understanding is that I should receive an alert from spc connect when my network fails after x seconds.

What's happening atm is my network fails, I wait the required time, no alert received. The keypad shows a fault. I restore network and then receive an alert to say network fail.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

When you edit the ATP you set the frequency of the polling Cat 3 Cat 4 Cat 5 etc.
    When this is done then you check on SPC Connect event notifications & check network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thommy2

KoolKid - i somehow cannot access my SPC 4300 anymore in Engineer mode via the webinterface.

The webinterface itself works fine. If i type the IP of the SPC it shows the login screen. I can also login using my own username and password. There I also enabled ' Engineer access' as I used to do it when I wanted to make some changes to the system. Then logged out and entered the username ' Engineer' and the corresponding 4 digit password. Then message ' Access denied' pops-up.

(luckily) I still can have engineer access; via the keypad (with the same password).

Do you know what to change to get back into the Engineer webinterface again?

Have you changed the engineer login for thethe web login?
    This can be changed to something different than the engineer code.
    Have you access via Spc Pro?

Thanks Koolkid. I am able to receive a notification of network fail but only after I restore my broadband.

I created a new event profile and checked network box as default events (spc connect) is grayed out for editing. I am using this new event profile in ats configuration, polling timeout of cat 5 90 secs, generate ftc is checked and atp monitoring fault is checked.

Email notifications and network boxes are checked in spcconnect.com.

Am I missing something small here in order to receive notification on network failure rather than on network restoral? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thommy2

KoolKid - indeed, the Engineer login turned to be different than the engineer code. Your remark was already enough for me to get access :-) Thanks a lot!

Hardgas wrote: »
    Thanks Koolkid. I am able to receive a notification of network fail but only after I restore my broadband.

I created a new event profile and checked network box as default events (spc connect) is grayed out for editing. I am using this new event profile in ats configuration, polling timeout of cat 5 90 secs, generate ftc is checked and atp monitoring fault is checked.

Email notifications and network boxes are checked in spcconnect.com.

Am I missing something small here in order to receive notification on network failure rather than on network restoral? Thanks.

Sounds right just reading over it. Try uncheck the generate FTC.
    Also check queue events.

Well, im in trouble.

I've ran new wiring n the house, every potential device that can be touched, opened or closed.
    I have gone over the 32 zones limitations of the 4320.Tried combining zones ad sensors and so on, not happy / good enough for me.

I'm looking to upgrade to 5320 that has more zones.
    What can I do with the current unused 4320 !? Can I sell it for ,dunno... €200 cash ?
    Do I have to sell it with the keypad or without it ?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The 5320 doesn't come with a keypad so it will be hard to sell it to a DIY'er without it.

32 zones is a lot of zones for a house and you would be a lot better off financially if you make the 4000 work.

• Advertisement

The 5320 doesn't come with a keypad so it will be hard to sell it to a DIY'er without it.

32 zones is a lot of zones for a house and you would be a lot better off financially if you make the 4000 work.

Thanks
    Yes, i consider that may have gone crazy on the zones.

But...
    -each window has 2 panels:2 sensors and 2 contacts for each, equal 4 zones;
    -each door has one sensor and one contact, giving 2 zones;
    -single window(s) has one contact and one sensor, giving 2 zones;
    -8 PIRs,4 internal and 4 external giving 8 zones, in single mode configuration (not dual tech).

Added all together gives me 41 zones.

What I'm i doing wrong !? :)

Advertisement