Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Also, another question here, with thanks in advance.
    Is there a "smart" way of connecting the expanders so that I will not exceed the power supply running parameters !?
    I was planning to use the central panel to power the WiFi and keypad while the expander with its own PSU to power the two extra expanders.
    The panel will power some of the sensors while the Expander PSU the two expander and the 8 PIRs.
    Thanks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

OK don't take this the wrong way but what you are asking is quite possible on that panel. Maybe an experienced valuation of what you want the panel to do is required.
    Even a call out to point you in the right direction might be all that you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Punish3r

Hi, I spoke with a very knowledgeable gentleman at Vanderbilt when I wanted more information he was more then happy to have a chat about the system and other their other offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Has anyone got a hikvision camera working with the 4320? I can get a JPEG into a browser, but it wants a user name/password embedded in the URL before the IP address and the 4320 doesn't seem to allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

does spc4320 require ethernet cable for ip communication? or does it have a wifi option too to connect to internal house network?
    the upc modem is in the living room and not sure if i can run ethernet cable from modem to spc panel.
    other option is powerline adapter...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We use power line adapters most of the time. There are also some ethernet to WiFi units you could also use.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

I am having an issue a few times a month whereby my panel shows SPC Offline and I am not able to access the mobile app for setting etc. These outages seem to last for a few hours at a time. Most recently yesterday 16:00 to 19:00.
    Is this a problem with the SPC servers, or with my own system?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have not seen server's down like that.
    Probably something local.
    What panel firmware version are you on?
    What service provider are you using and what are the DNS server settings on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

freddy99 wrote: »
    I am having an issue a few times a month whereby my panel shows SPC Offline and I am not able to access the mobile app for setting etc. These outages seem to last for a few hours at a time. Most recently yesterday 16:00 to 19:00.
    Is this a problem with the SPC servers, or with my own system?

Not a monthly thing but my own system was off-line yesterday at that time too. Vanderbilt would generally be very reliable and not be off line much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Mine was offline yesterday too and the password also always wipes

Happens more often than I'd like to be honest

• Advertisement

Service provider is Vodafone. I tried to access configure details remotely via portal, but got Access Denied message. I thought that I could acces that remotely. I will check DNS and firmware info when I get home.
    Thanks for reply.
    Regards, F

Mine was offline yesterday too and the password also always wipes

Happens more often than I'd like to be honest

Which password gets wiped? Havn't come across this. There was a server restart yesterday. But they were all ATS Down /ATS up in the space of a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

KoolKid wrote: »
    Which password gets wiped? Havn't come across this. There was a server restart yesterday. But they were all ATS Down /ATS up in the space of a couple of minutes.

The android app password gets wiped (even if remember password is ticked)

I actually thought it was app updates causing it to reset but not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The android app password gets wiped (even if remember password is ticked)

Uninstall and reinstall it and should be ok.

Thats probably a good idea. It certainly should not be anything to do with the connection being up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Another free recommendation issue I note KoolKid.

kub wrote: »
    Another free recommendation issue I note KoolKid.
    Yes. But this users problems may be to do with his local connections as SPC connect wasn't down for the lengths/times in question.
    As opposed to this paid for service that appears not to work for many users here..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057751064

Yes you keep telling yourself, that big bad awful company control the countries telephone networks now as well.

Not about the control. But I agree with some of the other posters. If there is a problem with a service you are being charged for, which appears to be permanent, you should be notified and payments stopped and refunded.

The same way that ARC's should have done likewise for clients who never knew there was an issue with their digis or phone lines in times past is it?

• Advertisement

Well I'm pretty sure if you had a customer paying you for monitoring and there was an issue with missing test signals you would contact them, yes?

I am not licensed to provide a monitoring service so I would not know the answer to that I am afraid

But you do get notified if your customers are missing test signals. Would you not notify your customer and investigate the problem?

Of course I would, but I cannot speak for HKC. Perhaps there is something in the contract, again I have no idea.

Hi KoolKid, my firmware is 3.7.1. I cannot find the DNS settings in the menu.
    I have checked the ATP log and the system has been down 3 times so far this months. 1st June for 7 mins, 3rd June for 3 hours and 10th June for 3 hours.
    Thanks, F

kub wrote: »
    Of course I would, but I cannot speak for HKC. Perhaps there is something in the contract, again I have no idea.

Funny how you have no problem speaking for HKC when you are posting positive promotional feedback.
    You are ofcourse right you should notify your customers in the event of a issue with service.
    That's exactly what others were saying they expected of HKC in that thread.

freddy99 wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid, my firmware is 3.7.1. I cannot find the DNS settings in the menu.
    I have checked the ATP log and the system has been down 3 times so far this months. 1st June for 7 mins, 3rd June for 3 hours and 10th June for 3 hours.
    Thanks, F

The 3 hours definitely isn't right. If you goto communications and then into IP settings.
    If DHCP is enabled the keypad won't display t settings.
    You could check them in the browser or else change to fixed IP and try 008.008.008
    008 as the DNS.

Thanks KoolKid, I have set up a static IP which is working. I have just changed DNS to 008.008.008.008 as suggested. Fingers crossed.

Regards, F

No problem.
    Any bother come back to me.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote:
    Funny how you have no problem speaking for HKC when you are posting positive promotional feedback. You are ofcourse right you should notify your customers in the event of a issue with service. That's exactly what others were saying they expected of HKC in that thread.

Funny how I have the ability to answer questions that other posters put to me as well, unlike how you were during our recent discussion.

Positive promotional feedback you say, absolutely their products are perfect, I know that from first hand experience you see.
    However with regard to issues on that thread, well as I mentioned there is probably something in the contracts, that it is the customers responsibility to ensure that their lines are capable of transmitting text.

Advertisement