Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Fantastic. With current bookings, I'll get to within 24 points. Might be worth finding an extra trip in there somewhere.

Is it safe to assume that once the travel happens before the 29th they'll credit the points and bump me to Platinum?

Thanks!

You might need to send an email or two, but they'll honour it (eventually)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got the warning email about the anniversary date coming. Nowhere close to getting status; despite the same volume of travel leading to me having the first proper grade of status with two hotel chains and a car hire firm. Upgrades, express checkin etc comes with that status so its not just a different coloured card.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

L1011 wrote: »
    Got the warning email about the anniversary date coming. Nowhere close to getting status; despite the same volume of travel leading to me having the first proper grade of status with two hotel chains and a car hire firm. Upgrades, express checkin etc comes with that status so its not just a different coloured card.
    ]

I got the same email but they said i have 450 when i have 512(ish)

2 return trips to Amsterdam and 1 return to JFK before the 29th so fingers crossed i get Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've just had the same email, but am only on 430 ish points, so no hope of platinum. Had a couple of SFO-DUB flights end up being 25 instead of 50 - annoying you cant tell until after you've booked what actual fair type you've got.

Also annoying that I've done several flights with Lufthansa this year as there's no alliance with EI I can use to collect all my work flights in one place...

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

BigMoose wrote: »
    Had a couple of SFO-DUB flights end up being 25 instead of 50 - annoying you cant tell until after you've booked what actual fair type you've got.
    When you select your flights on the booking page, click on the Fare Rules link and scroll to the bottom. The first letter is the booking code for each leg you have selected.

• Advertisement

steve-o wrote: »
    When you select your flights on the booking page, click on the Fare Rules link and scroll to the bottom. The first letter is the booking code for each leg you have selected.

Thanks - never knew you could do that, just waited until I got the email after booking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Does travel on the 29th Nov get included in this year or next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

To save me digging through the thread, would anyone care to remind me why it might be better to actually be part of the BA avios scheme as opposed to Aer Lingus?

My travel is probably 60/40 between UK/Northern Europe (usually connecting in LHR)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

crisco10 wrote: »
    To save me digging through the thread, would anyone care to remind me why it might be better to actually be part of the BA avios scheme as opposed to Aer Lingus?

My travel is probably 60/40 between UK/Northern Europe (usually connecting in LHR)

I’ve silver status with both Aerlingus and BA and if you are connecting via LHR a lot I’d advise you to get membership of both clubs but try to fly with BA as much as possible.

You can earn slightly more miles and tier points easier in general with BA.

Spending miles with BA tend to require lower taxes

BA Silver Card would allow you access Aerlingus Dublin and LHR lounge as well as all the BA lounges if you are using them for your onward connections, as well as priority security and boarding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Casati wrote: »
    I’ve silver status with both Aerlingus and BA and if you are connecting via LHR a lot I’d advise you to get membership of both clubs but try to fly with BA as much as possible.

You can earn slightly more miles and tier points easier in general with BA.

Spending miles with BA tend to require lower taxes

BA Silver Card would allow you access Aerlingus Dublin and LHR lounge as well as all the BA lounges if you are using them for your onward connections, as well as priority security and boarding

The BA silver card will also get you free seat selection from the time of booking on BA metal and earn double avios on BA flights which adds up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

BA Silver by a mile, that'll get you OneWorld Sapphire which opens up an absolute ton of lounges - which includes 51st & Green if you do transatlantic hops and AA Flagship lounges at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

cson wrote: »
    BA Silver by a mile, that'll get you OneWorld Sapphire which opens up an absolute ton of lounges - which includes 51st & Green if you do transatlantic hops and AA Flagship lounges at the other end.

Does BA Silver get you fastpass, lounge etc. in Dublin Airport?

80% of my work travel is Dublin to the UK so that's why I focused on Aer Lingus. However, personal travel will be into Europe and the States so maybe BA might be better to focus on for 2020. I'll have AL Platinum going into the year, could probably hit BA silver if I focused on that in 2020.

Is anyone experiencing delays with being awarded tier credits/avios? I made 3 flights last week and have nothing awarded so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Is anyone experiencing delays with being awarded tier credits/avios? I made 3 flights last week and have nothing awarded so far...

Always!! I have to chase them for about half of the flights I take and it usually takes at least a week for any credits to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

some good deals on for Avios at the moment - triple points in some stores - handy for Christmas presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

I am. Normally if I fly on a Wednesday my points will be in on following Monday.
    Flew last Wednesday and Thursday and nothing through yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

lfc200 wrote: »
    I am. Normally if I fly on a Wednesday my points will be in on following Monday.
    Flew last Wednesday and Thursday and nothing through yet..

Same, flew last Sunday week and had them on the Wednesday.

Flew home Friday and not received.

So i'm going to be at 597.5 by mid next week and im flying on Thursday 28th to Amsterdam and it says my points reset on the 29th.

Will Aer lingus pick that up as bumping me to platinum as it'll take a few days for the points to go on or will i have to contact them to plead my case?

PS.. i assume ill be eligible if i travel on the 28th?

Also... is it 12.01am or 23.59 on the 29th that the points reset does anyone know?

See attached....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Your name and card number are visible in that photo.

Also... is it 12.01am or 23.59 on the 29th that the points reset does anyone know?

That's a good question as I'm due to fly Dub-SFO on the 29th and I'll be very annoyed if that counts as this years tier credits!

• Advertisement

Flights departing on 28th count for this year. Flights departing on the 29th count for next year.

Your name and card number are visible in that photo.

Absolutely blind i am!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Do you get tier points for the stobart and cityjet flights?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

deconduo wrote: »
    Do you get tier points for the stobart and cityjet flights?

you do if it's an Aer Lingus ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So if I book my fair via the Avios website what kind of fair do I get for a flight to Amsterdam ?

Does it include a bag and seats ?

Or is it basic fair ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭VG31

So if I book my fair via the Avios website what kind of fair do I get for a flight to Amsterdam ?

Or is it basic fair ?

Thank you

20 kg bag and standard seats are included.

Short haul economy Avios redemptions are rarely good value unless travelling last minute or the flights are very expensive.

Or is it basic fair ?

Thank you
    Avios bookings include a checked-in bag. You can prebook a seat at the back of the plane for free. You'll have to pay if you want a better seat. You'll need to phone if you want to book a seat because Avios bookings can't be managed on the Aer Lingus website. Because it's Aer Lingus.

As VG31 indicates, check the regular fare before booking... it might actually be less than the Avios "taxes and fees". Because it's Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

steve-o wrote: »
    Avios bookings include a checked-in bag. You can prebook a seat at the back of the plane for free. You'll have to pay if you want a better seat. You'll need to phone if you want to book a seat because Avios bookings can't be managed on the Aer Lingus website. Because it's Aer Lingus.

As VG31 indicates, check the regular fare before booking... it might actually be less than the Avios "taxes and fees". Because it's Aer Lingus.

On Short Haul I’d be amazed if booking with Avios would offer any value on EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭VG31

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    On Short Haul I’d be amazed if booking with Avios would offer any value on EI.

It can sometimes be good value if there are still reward seats available at the last minute. For example to LHR paying 4,000 Avios plus €38 is better than a €150 (basic) fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

VG31 wrote: »
    It can sometimes be good value if there are still reward seats available at the last minute. For example to LHR paying 4,000 Avios plus €38 is better than a €150 (basic) fare.

Is that with BA or EI? I have found the BA structure/offers to be better.

Advertisement