Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Feck London...

Day trip to Donegal

No Aerspace (or even the other options I think?) on that route to points build as fast

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Do they not still do Advantage fares? They used to be worth 50 Tier Credits, and after Aer Spce didn’t it reduce to 40?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd have to go check, oh the effort :p

As it already has fast track and is basically is fixed price service it would be nearly pointless

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When I got booted down to Green in the great AerClub changeover debacle (despite being gold in GC for 8 years), I took a few flights and booked Advantage outbound and Plus on the return, so as to build up the points again to get some status, and to also get the Fast Track in Dublin.

All 3 times in Dublin I had to argue my way through Fast Track as the agents there were completely unaware Aer Lingus were selling Fast Track as part of their Advantage fares!!
    3rd time I came prepared with screenshots of the AL website and my bookings showing I had an Advantage fare and Fast Track was included, they still didn’t buy it but I refused to budge, and finally when there was about 20 people behind me in the queue they just waved me through.

I ripped Dublin Airport a new one on Twitter and within 2 hours of me landing in the U.K., I was on the phone to a senior manager at Dublin airport who apologised and said it wouldn’t happen again, but that trip got me over the line to Silver so I wasn’t arsed anymore anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have found myself flying Aer Lingus more and more in recent months. The fact that flights are reliably being credited to my AerClud account being the leading factor. Will squeeze Platinum I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

On another note, I have been having the same issues as others with logging in. Funnily enough, just keep closing the tab and logging in a few times. Eventually a Captcha prompt will appear. Complete that you will get a redirect error. Login again and you will be good.

You have to do that each time you want to login though :P Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Board Walker

A day trip to London on Aer Space will get you 100 points and set you back a lot less than a transatlantic flight. When was the last time you visited the British Museum? :)

Well im going to NY because i want to go to NY not because i want 100 tier points :D

What is A for booking class?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Not much good, its the cheapest one, earns the least possible tier credits

Amazing that you buy a better fare than the cheaper one and they still screw you over. Typical Aer Lingus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So can you transfer points from ba to a air lingus card?

So can you transfer points from ba to a air lingus card?

From personal but not family accounts (unless that has changed) yes

Tier points from BA can be transferred to EI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Tier points from BA can be transferred to EI?

No. Only Avios. EI is not OW. You only earn Tier Points if there is a shamrock on the side.

micosoft wrote: »
    No. Only Avios. EI is not OW. You only earn Tier Points if there is a shamrock on the side.
    And a shamrock on the booking! I flew EI booked through Flybe and i got nout!

And a shamrock on the booking! I flew EI booked through Flybe and i got nout!

EI didn't sell the ticket...

It has to be a
    EI ticket (053xxxxxxxxx)
    EI operated (EI code and Shamrock on tail)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Aspire Lounge that EI use in Amsterdam is abysmal! Aspire lounges are usually good Such as Cork, Manchester and LHR T3.

That place is awful. Last time I went, there was a queue of about 20 people to get in and no seats in the place.

Some of the better shared lounges EI use, in my experiences;

World Lounge in MUC - good hot buffet, lots of drinks and great chairs!

No 1 Lounge in BHX - big step up on the Aspire Lounge that EI used to use.

BA Lounge BRU - Belgian beers!

fullstop wrote: »
    That place is awful. Last time I went, there was a queue of about 20 people to get in and no seats in the place.

The Aspire lounge in Manchester is good, as is the one in T3 heathrow.

Space lounge in Moscow SVO is good. Free shower and you can sleep for 2 hours if you want in a pod.

The Privium in Schiphol is my favorite. The nibbles are fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

AerClub currently running a promotion for 500 bonus Avios if you earn 1 Avios through SuperValu, Kildare Village, Odeon or Appleby before 05 November. The first T&C says :
    This promotion is open to AerClub members aged 18 years or over, resident in Ireland and who is an addressed recipient of the AerClub promotional email sent on 24 October 2019

I got no such email, despite being in AerClub since it started. Can I seriously not earn bonus points if I didn’t get an email?!

Details at: https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/members-area/collect-bonus-avios/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

cson wrote: »
    Majority of US lounges don't have bottled water, there'll be a fountain (usually flavored with lemons/limes etc).

Simple reason is, if you have items that people can just take with then people usually lose the run of themselves when its free.

Nonsense, I've never taken more than 6 bottles out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

How long are they taking to credit TCs and Avios these days? I flew return to JFK on the week before last and there's no sign of anything in my account yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

How long are they taking to credit TCs and Avios these days? I flew return to JFK on the week before last and there's no sign of anything in my account yet...

I was onto them recently about a European flight and they said 1 week for the outbound, and up to 28 days for the inbound. I had been enquiring about the inbound, and at that time it was 14 days, and, coincidentally the points appeared the following day. (For Tier credits)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

fullstop wrote: »

Has the EI lounge in MUC changed from the Atlantic Lounge? I always through that lounge was one of the worst of the EI partner lounges.

It changed almost a year ago, the new lounge is outstanding

anacc wrote: »
    Has the EI lounge in MUC changed from the Atlantic Lounge? I always through that lounge was one of the worst of the EI partner lounges.
    Aer Lingus use Aspire lounge in Manchester. Really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Aer Lingus use Aspire lounge in Manchester. Really good.

MUC is Munich. Aspire in Manchester is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm currently on 507 tier points, needing 94 to hit Platinum.

Got a mail from AL this morning that says:

"Your anniversary date is coming up on 29 Nov, 2019, on that date your Tier Credits will reset to zero, while Avios continue to accumulate until you choose to use them.

You currently have 507 Tier Credits. Your membership tier for the upcoming year will be determined by the amount of Tier Credits you have earned in advance of this anniversary date."

Apologies if this has been asked before but am I about to be reset to 0 and remain on Silver? I'm nearly positive that when I was on green, I never lost any tier points. Most of those 500 have been amassed over the last 12 months.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes you're about to be reset to 0.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

I'm currently on 507 tier points, needing 94 to hit Platinum.

Got a mail from AL this morning that says:

"Your anniversary date is coming up on 29 Nov, 2019, on that date your Tier Credits will reset to zero, while Avios continue to accumulate until you choose to use them.

You currently have 507 Tier Credits. Your membership tier for the upcoming year will be determined by the amount of Tier Credits you have earned in advance of this anniversary date."

Apologies if this has been asked before but am I about to be reset to 0 and remain on Silver? I'm nearly positive that when I was on green, I never lost any tier points. Most of those 500 have been amassed over the last 12 months.

Thanks!

Come the 30th of Nov you'll be on silver status with zero tier credits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Fantastic. With current bookings, I'll get to within 24 points. Might be worth finding an extra trip in there somewhere.

Is it safe to assume that once the travel happens before the 29th they'll credit the points and bump me to Platinum?

Thanks!

Advertisement