Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General secretary of the IFA on a possible €400,000 salary-Read mod note in post 2734

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

RobertKK wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ifa-chiefs-pay-back-on-agenda-31425122.html

Maybe Con Lucey stepped down as he was getting nowhere and doesn't want to be there when the truth eventually comes out.
    It is pretty damning towards the IFA the manner in which he left the IFA.

It seems Mr Lucey couldn't justify the pay that people were receiving. I am sure he met the execs before he stepped down, that obviously went nowhere and the recent votes suggest a meeting would be pointless.
    Most holding a closed shop.
    That article is from August of this year.
    The more one looks into it, the more one wonders what are the IFA hiding.

You seem to be a person who believes the whistle blower should be the target, not the information that is being kept hidden.

Con luceys issues must be in that secret letter and if so. who told the indo....not hard to guess.
    I'd have more faith in national treasurer than whistle blower but time will tell there.
    he had his knife in GS all year and then this, so I suppose it was a bit of the 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome, at this stage DDs letter should've come from someone else with more cred

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Surely all salaries and benefits for senior staff and remuneration and expenses for officers should be published. Be a one day wonder anyway but would be out in the open and IFA couldn't be accused of hiding anything. The same goes for the co-ops. Senior management and board remuneration not disclosed even though it is mandatory for listed companies.

Surely all salaries and benefits for senior staff and remuneration and expenses for officers should be published. Be a one day wonder anyway but would be out in the open and IFA couldn't be accused of hiding anything. The same goes for the co-ops. Senior management and board remuneration not disclosed even though it is mandatory for listed companies.

you're not going to fill too may voluntary posts if you publish their expenses, I wouldn't like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭danjoe

Whatever about the salaries Ifa pay their staff , it might be better to hire a few pr gurus than let a rep from Galway onto radio 1 on Saturday morning last and have him pulverised by a fellow who was totally anti-farmers, public opinion is everything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

IFA, Fai, Fifa all have a few things in common. Large pay packets, expenses, no transparency...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

kevthegaff wrote: »
    IFA, Fai, Fifa all have a few things in common. Large pay packets, expenses, no transparency...

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

"You want answers?"

"I want the truth"

"You can't handle the truth"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I read the Agriland article earlier this week and I was aghast at the remuneration figure that was quoted. I then presumed that the figure included various expenses. Time will tell what the breakdown is.
    Irrespective of what the breakdown is I have to hold my hands up and admit that we (as IFA members) were remiss for not ensuring more financial transparency within the organisation over the years and I think the same can be said for other members/subscribers.
    In our innocence and ignorance we rolled with the status quo presuming the lads wearing the suits were working for our behalf and had our backs covered. After all we were paying in subs and levies.
    Seems to me that the "suits" were looking after their own financial business :mad: and have lost sight of true cause - IFA's founding principles.
    I do not include voluntary committee members in the above. Bless them, they have worked hard over the years for the cause.
    I reckon that both my Grandparents, their siblings/children and deceased offspring are doing cartwheels in their graves. Their efforts, along with thousands of others spawned the IFA.
    I wonder how they would feel about the current organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

kevthegaff wrote: »

But only two of them are actually paid to talk balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭mf240

image.png

• Advertisement

mf240 wrote: »
    image.png
    I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be sarcastic.
    The IFA is the largest (and probably the official by numbers) representative farmers organisation in Ireland which represents our interests in Brussels.
    What is going on within the organisation is noting to be snuffed at considering that most of us are financing it.

As an aside, I have always given Rangler/Ranger due credit for his stalwart commitment even thought I may not always agree with his comments/ statements. I have argued ferociously against him in some cases and agreed with him in others. In fairness he is/has been the only IFA representative on this forum.
    Boards and F&F is pretty well known in internet web/tech circles. I wonder why the IFA has not appointed a correspondent to deal with queries, questions, debacles on sites like this etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Good idea, someone with farming, writing & a bit of tech know how.

At IFA payscales that's got to be a million euros gig.

Base price wrote: »
    I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be sarcastic.
    The IFA is the largest (and probably the official by numbers) representative farmers organisation in Ireland which represents our interests in Brussels.
    What is going on within the organisation is noting to be snuffed at considering that most of us are financing it.

As an aside, I have always given Rangler/Ranger due credit for his stalwart commitment even thought I may not always agree with his comments/ statements. I have argued ferociously against him in some cases and agreed with him in others. In fairness he is/has been the only IFA representative on this forum.
    Boards and F&F is pretty well known in internet web/tech circles. I wonder why the IFA has not appointed a correspondent to deal with queries, questions, debacles on sites like this etc.

I've been told I'm feeding the trolls, so it probably isn't wise to be doing what I'm doing.......but it's hard to resist ;)
    I was at probably the biggest co.exec in a while here so I can safely say it's not an issue in the real world...co. chairman brought it up an all

No offence base price. But i dont take IFA that seriously.

I dont let them take any money off me so i suppose its no skin off my nose what they spend ithere money on.

I would question the legality of levys being stopped on farmers without prior consent. Surely it should be an opt in rather than an opt out ???

No offence base price. But i dont take IFA that seriously.

I dont let them take any money off me so i suppose its no skin off my nose what they spend ithere money on.

I would question the legality of levys being stopped on farmers without prior consent. Surely it should be an opt in rather than an opt out ???
    I do take them seriously as they represent us farmers whether we like it or not in the EU.
    We pay our annual IFA sub but since Autumn 2012 (the true start of the beef price debacle) we have stopped paying the factory levies.
    You can choose to opt in or out paying such levies at source. All you need to do is inform your local slaughter/beef etc facility in advance as we have done.

image.png

and feck the begudgers....isn't that the way it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

rangler1 wrote: »
    I've been told I'm feeding the trolls, so it probably isn't wise to be doing what I'm doing.......but it's hard to resist ;)
    I was at probably the biggest co.exec in a while here so I can safely say it's not an issue in the real world...co. chairman brought it up an all

Who is calling us trolls? The people wanting this issue to go away?

I do take them seriously as they represent us farmers whether we like it or not in the EU.
    We pay our annual IFA sub but since Autumn 2012 (the true start of the beef price debacle) we have stopped paying the factory levies.
    You can choose to opt in or out paying such levies at source. All you need to do is inform your local slaughter/beef etc facility in advance as we have done.

Association won't survive without the levies, was thinking of stopping them myself, why should I pay when no one else does

kowtow wrote: »
    Good idea, someone with farming, writing & a bit of tech know how.

At IFA payscales that's got to be a million euros gig.
    Feck it, I always have that feeling that I missed a good trick somewhere in my life ;)

Who is calling us trolls? The people wanting this issue to go away?

No it was someone away from IFA that follows this. would probably love to farm

• Advertisement

You should be asked before your money is taken. You shouldnt have to tell them not to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

And they bring in a man who has got a few mil from GLANBIA so what way will revue go only up
    the

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No it was someone away from IFA that follows this. would probably love to farm

ok, well he/she is getting some money saving tip advice, stop paying the non compulsory levies if you farm :P

ok, well he/she is getting some money saving tip advice, stop paying the non compulsory levies if you farm :P

yea was just thinking that about my earlier post. what'll I blow the 10c/lamb on that I'm going to save

yea was just thinking that about my earlier post. what'll I blow the 10c/lamb on that I'm going to save

You could rent a personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

so you're accusing me of taking extra money from ifa too.....get a life will you

Put him ins box as well if u don't agree

Association won't survive without the levies, was thinking of stopping them myself, why should I pay when no one else does
    Well that is up to your conscience to do so or not.
    Obviously you haven't been ****ed by the factories like I have while our largest farming organsiation, IFA, sat with the fingers up their holes standing on the sidelines for a year while the factories continued to rape Irish beef produces :mad:
    You should be asked before your money is taken. You shouldnt have to tell them not to take it.
    I agree. In the old days you were asked by factories when you brought cattle for slaughter. There should be a tick box on the arrival form that we fill out in the lairage.
    Tick it (opt in) for levy deduction or leave blank.

Obviously you haven't been ****ed by the factories like I have while our largest farming organsiation, IFA, sat with the fingers up their holes standing on the sidelines for a year while the factories continued to rape Irish beef produces :mad:

I wouldn't stand at the factory gates where I sell my lambs, so I suppose I don't agree with blocking factories. we achieved nothing and nearly got a whopper of a fine as well. now it looks like there's another glut coming down the road.

I wouldn't stand at the factory gates where I sell my lambs, so I suppose I don't agree with blocking factories. we achieved nothing and nearly got a whopper of a fine as well. now it looks like there's another glut coming down the road.
    Of course you wouldn't or even possibly at that time. The means of the few far overweighed the needs of the "suit" SFP farmers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

a bit of advice for ifa in pr.first thing it lay all out on the table,apoligise and say it wonthappen again and it will die down in a week and you can get back to business but let it rumble and it will last a lot long ,do more damage and you will come out in a worse place than went in.this also smells a huge amount of politicing so lads be wary what some one is trying to acheive.if this guy did such a great job i+n tidying up the ifa did the last guy get the sack.was the last fella on a similar payscale or did the new fella get extra reward as he acheived results

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement