Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General secretary of the IFA on a possible €400,000 salary-Read mod note in post 2734

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

rangler1 wrote: »
    What'll they have to offer to get anyone now,

He probably resigned for the same reason as I did :rolleyes:
    wonder how it went, if he was offered 100k less than what he was on would he have stayed or did he have to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What'll they have to offer to get anyone now,

He probably resigned for the same reason as I did :rolleyes:

They'll get me for a bit less , I won't see them stuck for someone. For 300k I could bring my labourer aswell .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

whelan2 wrote: »
    wonder how it went, if he was offered 100k less than what he was on would he have stayed or did he have to go?

He'd be a fool if he did,
    I always thought he was a good tactician....I can't believe he went so simple.
    I'm sure it'll all come out in the next few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Meeting tomorrow. me thinks a more sh1t could hit the fan people are getting tired of being fobbed off by Downey and his sidekicks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭limo_100

The IFA were always against the publication of farm payments.

A simple Google search should show that.

Thats because the big men didn't want there payments made knowledge and the IFA (Irish F*ckers Asscioation) only serve the big men there a shower of scumbags and they serve no purpose to 95% of the farming population.

Last year they were out protesting about the €350 price difference with the UK and at the minute the price difference is €340 wheres the protests this year? The IFA and the p*icks that run it are in goodmans pocket

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/e340-difference-between-british-and-irish-factory-steers-lmc/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭mf240

Must of been even more than was reported. If it was less then they would of said.

A lot of money going in from levys and membership but not much willingness to show where its going.

there must be more than him getting big money.

Id say the pr team are working on a spin as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Any mention in this weeks journal? I didn't get it yet.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

limo_100 wrote: »
    Thats because the big men didn't want there payments made knowledge and the IFA (Irish F*ckers Asscioation) only serve the big men there a shower of scumbags and they serve no purpose to 95% of the farming population.

Last year they were out protesting about the €350 price difference with the UK and at the minute the price difference is €340 wheres the protests this year? The IFA and the p*icks that run it are in goodmans pocket

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/e340-difference-between-british-and-irish-factory-steers-lmc/

I like your name for farmers
    Why would England pay more for imported beef when they can buy it cheaper anywhere else, you must be starting to believe the irish spoof about irish being better quality.
    Lamb price here is usually at least €1/kg cheaper than the French price, yet we know that if we don't supply france at the lower price, some other country will....you don't see sheep farmers looking to block factories or like in your case looking for someone to blame........ where anyone thought that blocking factories in a glut would help is beyond me.
    Famers not supplying what the market wants is going to hang them.
    Plenty of places now for supermarkets to buy inspec beef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20882438%3A83%3A18%2D11%2D2015%3A

Derek deane was on drivetime programme on radio 1 yesterday.
    I think the situation kicked off from there. Anyway interview is above.

mf240 wrote: »
    Must of been even more than was reported. If it was less then they would of said.

A lot of money going in from levys and membership but not much willingness to show where its going.

there must be more than him getting big money.

Id say the pr team are working on a spin as we speak.

They're good at spin, they've nearly convinced the government that the country be broke only for agriculture....pfft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The latest figure that came out/speculated for what the general secretary of the IFA received is in excess of €450,000 a year.

I think the resignation is part of everyone involved in trying to hide what he received.

I like your name for farmers
    Why would England pay more for imported beef when they can buy it cheaper anywhere else, you must be starting to believe the irish spoof about irish being better quality.
    Lamb price here is usually at least €1/kg cheaper than the French price, yet we know that if we don't supply france at the lower price, some other country will....you don't see sheep farmers looking to block factories or like in your case looking for someone to blame........ where anyone thought that blocking factories in a glut would help is beyond me.
    Famers not supplying what the market wants is going to hang them.
    Plenty of places now for supermarkets to buy inspec beef

I dont no any farmer on 400000 salary do you?? A 50000 salary is enough for anyone especially as they do noting. I agree last years protest was a waste of time as the prices always rise at that time of year they gained noting only pr,for them selves, dowey has to go I can see the IFA being disbanded after this (or maybe i'm only hopefully wishing).

The name of IFA does not and has no intention of helping the average farmer that its only for the biggest farmers end off, there not doing an awful lot for the hill farmers bar an odd statement are they not farmers too???

England are probably right not to pay more for it but it doesn't mean the IFA cant try and do something about but they couldn't upset there biggest contributor the factorys

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They're good at spin, they've nearly convinced the government that the country be broke only for agriculture....pfft

Yes, like with the CAP, those on the highest payments needed their higher payments, which was based on past history, feck the younger farmers, many whom didn't qualify for the younger farmer top up.

They claimed those on bigger payments were more efficient, and the poor mouth was out, they couldn't cope if they had to farm on lesser payments like of other farmers have to do.
    Which would make one question how efficient they actually were, more likely they were very efficient at farming subsidies when it was on certain animals.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yes, like with the CAP, those on the highest payments needed their higher payments, which was based on past history, feck the younger farmers, many whom didn't qualify for the younger farmer top up.

They claimed those on bigger payments were more efficient, and the poor mouth was out, they couldn't cope if they had to farm on lesser payments like of other farmers have to do.
    Which would make one question how efficient they actually were, more likely they were very efficient at farming subsidies when it was on certain animals.

There only aim is for the big farmer simple as that, Alot of the big farmers around our area would have cut back the productivity since they started getting there big farm payments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭mf240

Theyll has ye pestered for a bailout now:D

I dont no any farmer on 400000 salary do you?? A 50000 salary is enough for anyone especially as they do noting. I agree last years protest was a waste of time as the prices always rise at that time of year they gained noting only pr,for them selves, dowey has to go I can see the IFA being disbanded after this (or maybe i'm only hopefully wishing).

The name of IFA does not and has no intention of helping the average farmer that its only for the biggest farmers end off, there not doing an awful lot for the hill farmers bar an odd statement are they not farmers too???

England are probably right not to pay more for it but it doesn't mean the IFA cant try and do something about but they couldn't upset there biggest contributor the factorys

Hill farmers have a committee the same as any other commodity with the same support, if the farmers on that committee aren't bothered, you needn't expect lowland farmers to bother,
    There's no point thinking that talking to factories is going to put up the price. forum was set up to do that....it's not working is it.
    Factories will keep doing what they have to, to maintain supply and sell beef. if they don't have to rise price to do this they won't.... anything else is only dreamland.
    I still say that I maximised my sfp on my farm (not a big farm) and it's damn bad form that I now take cut in income because some didn't bother at the time.
    On the young farmers rubbish, 90% of young farmers are stepping into their fathers entitlements and some getting a top up as well at my expense so the begrudgers needn't be getting the violins out for f....ing young farmers either

Hill farmers have a committee the same as any other commodity with the same support, if the farmers on that committee aren't bothered, you needn't expect lowland farmers to bother,
    There's no point thinking that talking to factories is going to put up the price. forum was set up to do that....it's not working is it.
    Factories will keep doing what they have to, to maintain supply and sell beef. if they don't have to rise price to do this they won't.... anything else is only dreamland.
    I still say that I maximised my sfp on my farm (not a big farm) and it's damn bad form that I now take cut in income because some didn't bother at the time.
    On the young farmers rubbish, 90% of young farmers are stepping into their fathers entitlements and some getting a top up as well at my expense so the begrudgers needn't be getting the violins out for f....ing young farmers either

well you'll be glad to know i'm one of them young farmers I got money for entitlements of two new farms which had no entitlements and hopefully I will be getting some top-up on the rest of the entitlements I'll let you know in December how much money I was able to get out of the IFA supporters pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 5 navigator 101

Glad to hear the good news and hope Downey goes as well. I am not a begrudger nor have I the violin out but I wonder if you have as you described them, f....ink young farmers to take over

well you'll be glad to know i'm one of them young farmers I got money for entitlements of two new farms which had no entitlements and hopefully I will be getting some top-up on the rest of the entitlements I'll let you know in December how much money I was able to get out of the IFA supporters pockets

I'll struggle on with my €600/ha so, at least I can always say that I tried my best to be treated fair...
    In negotiations you have to keep opposing, once you agree, you're ****ed,

I'll struggle on with my €600/ha so, at least I can always say that I tried my best to be treated fair...
    In negotiations you have to keep opposing, once you agree, you're ****ed,

lucky for me I made a few smart moves with my cash and I will be able to pursue high valued entitlements next year to bring all all of my 60ha up to the maximum of 750, maybe Pat Smith might be selling some of his now that he out of a new he might be cash strapped??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

Derek Deane is some man. It takes guts to do what he did. Downey has to go too.

Glad to hear the good news and hope Downey goes as well. I am not a begrudger nor have I the violin out but I wonder if you have as you described them, f....ink young farmers to take over

Only one way farm incomes are going now.
    Most young people will get a better kick out of inheriting the value (even with the extra tax) than the land.......look what a €750000 would do for three young couples rather than one person getting a farm worth a million.

Did you not know that giving a child a farm is a form of child abuse

lucky for me I made a few smart moves with my cash and I will be able to pursue high valued entitlements next year to bring all all of my 60ha up to the maximum of 750, maybe Pat Smith might be selling some of his now that he out of a new he might be cash strapped??

Why would people sell entitlements

Why would people sell entitlements

theres always entitlements for sale except this as the market was closed while they were rolling out the new payments, look in to it you could bring yours back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

Don't see why people think Downey should be leaving, seems to be doing a good job. These matters should really have been dealt with in house rather than publishing in the media, dragging the organization through the dirt really doesn't benefit anyone. As for salary, it should be in line with other leaders in the industry. It is by no means a simple job and while the rumored figure seems excessive I can't imagine a fair salary being more than 100000 less than that if you were to include pension, bonuses, expenses and a car.

theres always entitlements for sale except this as the market was closed while they were rolling out the new payments, look in to it you could bring yours back up again

There won't be as many trading as before, most people will get them for nothing, can't see why they'd be sold unless off land for developement

MF290 wrote: »
    Don't see why people think Downey should be leaving, seems to be doing a good job. These matters should really have been dealt with in house rather than publishing in the media, dragging the organization through the dirt really doesn't benefit anyone. As for salary, it should be in line with other leaders in the industry. It is by no means a simple job and while the rumored figure seems excessive I can't imagine a fair salary being more than 100000 less than that if you were to include pension, bonuses, expenses and a car.

If this disaster is down to 100000 (or if you like approx. €1 per member)
    Resignation of Pat Smith will solve nothing apart from the personality clash with a failed presidential candidate, he took the package he was offered, end of
    National Treasurer should be considering his position now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

So what exactly are you complaining for then??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

MF290 wrote: »
    I can't imagine a fair salary being more than 100000 less than that if you were to include pension, bonuses, expenses and a car.

I just get upset when I see the word bonus...

Does this "bonus" form the make up of most employees nowadays, or just the CS, management, financial services type jobs....?

I just can't make out if I hire a guy to milk the cows....he gets €50 for the milking plus another €20 if he actually finishes the milking.....

Ffs....if you get paid to do a job..do it

If you're on a salary off 200k to run an organisation. ..run it...
    If it takes 40hrs or 80hrs or 120 hrs per week to do...that's your baby...do it.....

Just a bonus rant..forgive me

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    So what exactly are you complaining for then??

Thats noting to do with the IFA they didn't want us young farmers to gain. Just because I happened to fall into the right age bracket this doesn't mean I cant have an opinion?? I want them go do something instead of a hole lot of noting picking up salaries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement