Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'm looking into buying some furniture from the UK. They'd be single seat chairs and the specs say they'd weigh about 10kg, and roughly 70*80*90cm - Packaging might add a few cm to that.

Anyone have suggestions as to which service is best? I had a look at addresspal but from what I can understand via their site it would be returned to sender for being too big, not too heavy.
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

Parcel wizard seemed it would end up costing maybe €60 per chair.
    Parcel motel suggested €91 per chair.

Any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm looking into buying some furniture from the UK. They'd be single seat chairs and the specs say they'd weigh about 10kg, and roughly 70*80*90cm - Packaging might add a few cm to that.

Anyone have suggestions as to which service is best? I had a look at addresspal but from what I can understand via their site it would be returned to sender for being too big, not too heavy.

Any alternatives?

Have you checked shiply.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

whiterebel wrote: »
    If DHL confirm delivery, the best you can get is €40 from AddressPal. I dont know why anyone would use it with such limited cover.
    DHL confirmed delivery but Addresspal are faffing about. 150€ is what the item cost and that's what I will be looking for. If I don't get it they will be ridiculed in every social media forum. Any threads advising using Addresspal will be used to convey the lost goods issue.
    If they consider the reputational damage is not worth 150€ then its fair game to advise potential users of this service as to the pitfalls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Agent_47 wrote: »
    DHL confirmed delivery but Addresspal are faffing about. 150€ is what the item cost and that's what I will be looking for. If I don't get it they will be ridiculed in every social media forum. Any threads advising using Addresspal will be used to convey the lost goods issue.
    If they consider the reputational damage is not worth 150€ then its fair game to advise potential users of this service as to the pitfalls

Good luck with that i dont think you will get the full 150e though. remember they deal with thousands of people every day so u think your post is going to make them pay u the full 150e (off topic example but everyone knows eircoms c/services is ****e & loads of people posted about it & still people use them so them be ridiculed has no effect on them) be better of complaining to comreg or who ever the regulator is might have better luck.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Have you checked shiply.com?

Doesnt shiply collect from a location and deliver, as opposed to having stuff sent to them and then they forward it on to it's destination?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Any alternatives?

Parcel2go.com? Not sure how they are on volumetric shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doesnt shiply collect from a location and deliver, as opposed to having stuff sent to them and then they forward it on to it's destination?

have you checked if the seller will allow collection?

Good luck with that i dont think you will get the full 150e though. remember they deal with thousands of people every day so u think your post is going to make them pay u the full 150e (off topic example but everyone knows eircoms c/services is ****e & loads of people posted about it & still people use them so them be ridiculed has no effect on them) be better of complaining to comreg or who ever the regulator is might have better luck.

UK retailers will not ship to that area if Addresspal don't get their game together.

ComReg advised me to register a formal complaint which I did this evening.

In the meantime my retailer sent me the signature proof from DHL. It is an X in the signature box. To me that is not a signature and no name is indicated, that is enough for me to get a successful chargeback through on VISA which I initiated today. Not ideal, but better than €40.

Am finished using Addresspal. There should be a public warning or a stickie post here to allow poster register their loss item, date and compensation. It would better warn potential users of the service.

Think it is necessary to stickies this link, I honestly never realised it had got this bad

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/addresspal.anpost.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Think it is necessary to stickies this link, I honestly never realised it had got this bad

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/addresspal.anpost.ie

I didn't know that AP had subbed the job out. Not good.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I didn't know that AP had subbed the job out. Not good.

They haven't. Deliveries in the UK are to a company called AirBusiness, which is a subsidiary of An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trying to get an item from the UK that will only ship to the mainland. Havent used AP before but am I right to say they have a virtual address on the mainland? Also how are they with oversized items? I dont mind to pay extra but do they accept them? Item is 1.2m x 1m

Any other options apart form AP, do Parcel Wizard have a mainland virtual address or only NI?

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trying to get an item from the UK that will only ship to the mainland. Havent used AP before but am I right to say they have a virtual address on the mainland? Also how are they with oversized items? I dont mind to pay extra but do they accept them? Item is 1.2m x 1m

Any other options apart form AP, do Parcel Wizard have a mainland virtual address or only NI?

The details are here: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq and AP are currently the only one with a Mainland address. Oversize items are charged a flat fee of €25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Spocker wrote: »
    The details are here: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq and AP are currently the only one with a Mainland address. Oversize items are charged a flat fee of €25

In my experience (on multiple occasions), AP sent oversize items by the home delivery route rather than post office collection at a cost of ~€10. Last time (only last week) they emailed me to ask if I wanted that; previous occasions they just sent it without asking (fine by me).

Thanks Spocker, will check that out

Spocker wrote: »
    They haven't. Deliveries in the UK are to a company called AirBusiness, which is a subsidiary of An Post

Their customer service says otherwise, it is subbed out and there is nothing they can do to assist my complaint. Even they are directing me to the Custer service Advocate because Addresspal will not return their emails

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

If its overweight they will refuse to accept it and supposedly return to sender.
    I had a parcel that was 21kgs which they refused and then got lost whilst being sent back .
    Parcel motel will go to 60kgs overweight afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

Hello,

Bought something yesterday from America using the US address provided by Addresspal when I first signed up. I only now realised my local dropoff is no good because of the Tesco Car Fire in Cork so it will be closed for months so I changed it to a different Post Office.

I then received an email saying that the drop off point has been changed and approved.. but said to use a new UK address.. didn't mention anything about the US one..

Tried emailing Addresspal on their email mentioned on heir site and the email wont deliver, rang the phone number and it's a prerecorded man telling me to email the address that's also bouncing back!

Has anybody a phone number for addresspal or an email address for them that works??

Why do you need to contact them? Everything seems okay, from what you've said. They changed their UK address within the last year or so, but the US one hasn't changed since I opened my account anyway.

9935452 wrote: »
    If its overweight they will refuse to accept it and supposedly return to sender.
    I had a parcel that was 21kgs which they refused and then got lost whilst being sent back .
    Parcel motel will go to 60kgs overweight afaik

Balls, the item I want to ship is 24kg :mad: Have others here come across the same problem with AP? Just wondering if they weigh everything or if you just got unlucky. The product I want isnt available anywhere else and the seller will only ship to the mainland UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Balls, the item I want to ship is 24kg :mad: Have others here come across the same problem with AP? Just wondering if they weigh everything or if you just got unlucky. The product I want isnt available anywhere else and the seller will only ship to the mainland UK.

You may get away with it but many companies put the shipping weight on the address label so it hard to argue the weight is any different.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with sticky AP thread

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If the seller is amenable to a pickup by courier, arrange via parcel2go.com for UPS or whoever suits to collect it.
    It can be surprisingly reasonable in price. Not always, but often.
    I had two items that weighed near the limit of 30kg arranged that way - both of them picked up and delivered here by UPS.
    The van driver was struggling a bit.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭amber2

Anyone know if address-pal will ship an item with packing dimensions of 70x40x20 please well under the 20kg limit just not sure of the dimensions probably over or do they offer any Leeway .TIA

Utter shambles of a service. My item signed for by Addresspal 31 July is stuck in another part of the country since 9th September, no contact since despite enquiries as to when it will be redirected to me.
    Have the Customer Advocate involved by email and post and ComReg in the background pending that outcome.

Avoid using this service, I cannot wait to close my account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

If they received a parcel yesterday at 5pm into their UK hub, any suggestions on how long it might take to be ready for collection here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

If they received a parcel yesterday at 5pm into their UK hub, any suggestions on how long it might take to be ready for collection here?

My parcel in UK hub Saturday, no sight of it yet to give some idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My Parcel arrived today at my post office, so in UK hub Saturday at my post office Thursday, so 4 days really if you don't include Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    My Parcel arrived today at my post office, so in UK hub Saturday at my post office Thursday, so 4 days really if you don't include Sunday.

Hopefully Monday then for me. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Spotted the first An Post locker in Galway at the weekend. Any idea when these are supposed to be up and running, if they aren't already?

92iMFuA.jpg

Advertisement