Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭gussieg

Adresspal us currently unavailable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

gussieg wrote: »
    Adresspal us currently unavailable?

What makes you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

First time being hit with customs through this service, they’ve clearly tightened ship since I last used them. €54 owed for a €150 item

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

AP emailed me, a week ago, that an item had arrived with an incorrect AP number. I replied, explained that an item was overdue, gave them the details & asked them to forward it asap.

As I heard nothing I emailed again to ask if it was being shipped.

Today, seven days later, I called the Dublin number. It sounded like a female child who had no information & said that would pass on my message. They ended the call with a big sigh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

How long does it normally take for something to show up on your addresspal account after it was delivered to them? Its been a while since I used addresspal. Ordered something on ebay which is showing as delivered on 3pm on 23rd, still nothing show up on my account.

• Advertisement

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭gussieg

mine was very slow arriving and i had to ring several times to get a response.

gussieg wrote: »
    mine was very slow arriving and i had to ring several times to get a response.

home delivery or post office collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

An Post consolidate shipments so it depends on when your shipment arrives at the forwarder. Worst case they say "will be delivered to your selected Post Office/Collection Point within 4 to 5 working days". In my experience 5 days is the worst case.

spix wrote: »
    home delivery or post office collection?

How long did it take for yours to show up on your online account?

I had a package delivered to the base in New Jersey on Saturday, but no mention of it on my online account.

• Advertisement

How long did it take for yours to show up on your online account?

I had a package delivered to the base in New Jersey on Saturday, but no mention of it on my online account.

It was 3 or 4 days. But that was from UK. It seems when you use post office collection, it doesn't show up in your account until its actually at the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    Hi, I have checked out the Addresspal website and seen how it works but I want to know if you would reccommend it or should I just wait until me or family memebers are in the States again. Is customs charged on top of the price of using the Addresspal service? The goods I want to purchase are $170 USD. How much could I expect to pay altogether? Thanks

Id wait for the next trip to the states.
    I havent don that much with them but there seems to be trouble with every second package they handle.
    Between things getting broken , getting lost or being sent home rather than going to the post office. I wont be using them again.
    The local post office reckons they are getting a lot of complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ordered something off of Amazon that was delivered to the depot in England on Saturday, still hasn't landed here.
    An Post are trying to help me, just not very quickly.

Anyone know how particular they are on the max size limit? For home delivery length + girth is max 3m. Something I want to order works out at 3.1m. Its within the weight and length limit. Would it be safe to order or contact them first?

Used the US Home Delivery service for the first time recently.

Two packages, arrived in to the New Jersey depot on 30th and 31st July respectively. Both are out for delivery here today. That's pretty good IMO.

Though given others' experience, maybe I got lucky. Though I guess people are less likely to share their good experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

Ordered something off of Amazon that was delivered to the depot in England on Saturday, still hasn't landed here.
    An Post are trying to help me, just not very quickly.

You think that is bad I had a server take over 30 days for them to say they had it.

I was after opening a dispute on paypal with the seller as he didnt have tracking to provide he had sent it. Seller was lucky I'd say that paypal would of backed me if it had not come.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

Anyone know how particular they are on the max size limit? For home delivery length + girth is max 3m. Something I want to order works out at 3.1m. Its within the weight and length limit. Would it be safe to order or contact them first?

I would contact them, I found they will try to hit you with excess charges when ever they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Anyone else getting caught for multiple addresspal charges?
    I ordered a couple of items on Amazon that should have been in the one delivery but were delivered separately and now getting charged twice by addresspal.

It is putting me off the service.
    In fairness it is Amazon's fault. Is there any way to make sure Amazon deliver in the 1 package?
    I presume not as they can come from different depots.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I ordered a couple of items on Amazon that should have been in the one delivery but were delivered separately and now getting charged twice by addresspal.

In fairness it is Amazon's fault. Is there any way to make sure Amazon deliver in the 1 package?

Thanks

Nope. Amazon might be delivering from more than one warehouse, they don't tell you where stuff is. I've had items listed on co.uk that were sent out from Germany - 1 spark plug from the UK and 3 sent from Germany, ordered 4 like you do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

Thanks

I got badly stung by Amazon delivering to both AP and Parcel Wizard a few weeks back. I spent an age tweaking the order (over 25 items), checking where each seller would deliver to, how Amazon would group at checkout and then arranging the delivery addresses at checkout to get the most items into the least deliveries possible. I managed to get it down to 3 deliveries... one direct to Dublin with An Post, one delivery to AP in London and one delivery to Parcel Wizard. I chose to group into deliveries into one delivery where possible.

Queue Amazon going full retard and sending almost all the items out separately! I had to do 4 trips to DPD's depot alone!! Needless to say I went nuts on Amazon support.. but little good it was. It's put me off using the forwarding services with Amazon which is a pity as Amazon and their sellers seem to be getting more restrictive on shipping items to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What really is the problem here? Amazon are doing their best to get goods to customers as soon as possible.

Unfortunately that doesn't always square with forwarding services.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

my3cents wrote: »
    What really is the problem here? Amazon are doing their best to get goods to customers as soon as possible.

Unfortunately that doesn't always square with forwarding services.

Problem seems to be that despite Amazon still offering the "Group into as few deliveries" option, they proceed to ignore this whereas in the past, orders were commonly held 1-2 weeks until all items were in stock and ready to ship. It is probably costing Amazon next to nothing to ship now so I imagine saving a few pennies by grouping deliveries is not of interest to them anymore

I did suggest to them could they consider identifying when an order is shipping to a forwarding service and do their best to group into one delivery. If An Post or DPD were to offer to hold a weeks worth of consignments for collection for the price of one plus a small fee on top.. that would be ideal. It costs them nothing to hold as they hold for a week anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Having a bad run with Addresspal with two orders awaited since delivery 31 July and 1 August.
    As an early adopter of the service I am well aware of the "normal" delay in delivery to my post office but this length of time is ridiculous.

At least one of the items has been found apparently with no AP number. However therein lies the issue, it is too easy for retailers to give up entering a long winded number when your name is on the address anyway. PM have a shorter number identifier.

I used two different retailers for these items and at least have proof of delivery. The insurance however will not cover either item and that is another reason why I won't be using them any further.

Just giving others a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

If its oversize . Ie there is a good chance they will refuse it and send it back to the seller.
    They refused a parcel of mine that weighed 21kgs . No leeway whatsoever.
    Package is now missing . Seller is claiming he hasnt got it back

Day 20 since my order was delivered to Addresspal, second order delivered 19 days agao was missing AP address but got here yesterday.

My options having sent Addresspal, descriptions,delivery details and proof of delivery at various occasions since 15 August is to do

1. A chargeback via Visa on the goods (150€), if Panasonic cannot prove delivery then I have to go this route. Addresspal don't accept liability

2. Claim a refund off Addresspal, who still cannot confirm or deny deliver from DHL. ( this would not cover cost of goods)

Any thoughts

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Day 20 since my order was delivered to Addresspal, second order delivered 19 days agao was missing AP address but got here yesterday.

My options having sent Addresspal, descriptions,delivery details and proof of delivery at various occasions since 15 August is to do

1. A chargeback via Visa on the goods (150€), if Panasonic cannot prove delivery then I have to go this route. Addresspal don't accept liability

2. Claim a refund off Addresspal, who still cannot confirm or deny deliver from DHL. ( this would not cover cost of goods)

Any thoughts

Can you prove to addresspal you entered your address correctly and have a dispatch email from panasonic linking the address to the tracking number? If so that should be enough to claim compensation from addresspal. Of course they will try worm out of it but thats enough to prove it was delivered to them.

Can you prove to addresspal you entered your address correctly and have a dispatch email from panasonic linking the address to the tracking number? If so that should be enough to claim compensation from addresspal. Of course they will try worm out of it but thats enough to prove it was delivered to them.
    Yes, it is clearly legible on the invoice and DHL confirm delivery. Never had a package lost or stolen before, will never use these guys again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If DHL confirm delivery, the best you can get is €40 from AddressPal. I dont know why anyone would use it with such limited cover.

whiterebel wrote: »
    If DHL confirm delivery, the best you can get is €40 from AddressPal. I dont know why anyone would use it with such limited cover.

Its 200 if you're using the home delivery option, which is double parcel motels default.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its 200 if you're using the home delivery option, which is double parcel motels default.

I didn't realise they had changed it. They should offer that across both services.

Advertisement