Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sent e-mail to AddressPal on this but two issues but thought someone here might enlighten me:

a) just realised I've lost card and have parcel due this week (well, landed to UK office on Friday afternoon). Requested a card reprint on website - how long does this take?
    b) might be away when it eventually does arrive - Glasto from Wednesday - I did see mention of an Agent Authorisation form to allow someone to collect on your behalf but didn't see where to download this form. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Basq wrote: »
    Sent e-mail to AddressPal on this but two issues but thought someone here might enlighten me:

a) just realised I've lost card and have parcel due this week (well, landed to UK office on Friday afternoon). Requested a card reprint on website - how long does this take?
    b) might be away when it eventually does arrive - Glasto from Wednesday - I did see mention of an Agent Authorisation form to allow someone to collect on your behalf but didn't see where to download this form. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Can't see where to download the form either
    I think there is a link to it when the email comes in letting you know it's arrived
    Best option is to call them

Please contact An Post Customer Services on 01 7057600 or send an email to addresspalsupport@anpost.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The form isn't attached to the email, it is the email. All the details are at the bottom

Virtanen wrote: »
    The form isn't attached to the email, it is the email. All the details are at the bottom

How does that help the person
    They want to fill it out in advance before they go away

That's hilarious! :)

So workflow presumably is print form, fill it in and sign it, post it to authorised person, person collects item on your behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

So workflow presumably is print form, fill it in and sign it, post it to authorised person, person collects item on your behalf.

The form is generic, it doesn't have any delivery specific information. I'll cut and paste it into a doc, and add it here in a minute

Nomination Form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Presumably since the person you authorise just has to provide one of the specified forms of ID, you could do so yourself and collect it without having the card.
    Or worst case, you could fill in the authorisation form and authorise yourself, then just turn up with ID!

(sorry, I was assuming you were worried about the card not turning up in time - if you meant the package itself, then obviously this makes no sense!)

MOH wrote: »
    Presumably since the person you authorise just has to provide one of the specified forms of ID, you could do so yourself and collect it without having the card.
    Or worst case, you could fill in the authorisation form and authorise yourself, then just turn up with ID!

(sorry, I was assuming you were worried about the card not turning up in time - if you meant the package itself, then obviously this makes no sense!)
    I know what you mean MOH.. if it does arrive before I go, I reckon I'll be doing exactly that.

AddressPal e-mailed me back as said as follows:
    When you receive your notification from your designated collection office you will see that the Agent Authorisation form is provided at the end of your confirmation email from Address Pal.

The Agent Authorisation form is unique to your particular order
    Have replied to say there's some flawed logic there if I'm away while the order comes.

AddressPal e-mailed me back as said as follows:

Have replied to say there's some flawed logic there if I'm away while the order comes.

Parcel wizard is better in this case as you can nominate an address to send it to

3 companies all have there positives and negatives

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

First issue today- after several orders- my parcel which was supposed to be sent to the post office in Lucan- has instead been sent to Newbridge, Co. Kildare........... They're going to reship via Naas- however, its probably going to take another 2 days to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I've used it a lot already, and I've never once been asked for the card. Must not be a huge uptake yet, at least in this particular PO anyway.

Parcel wizard is better in this case as you can nominate an address to send it to

3 companies all have there positives and negatives
    To be honest.. I prefer ParcelMotel to all of these.

Prefer to collect it my own time / give someone your 4 digit code to get it on your behalf. None of this "faffing" about with Authorisation Forms / Nominated Address.

But the item I got could only be delivered to UK mainland, so both PM and PW were out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What's the average delivery time these days ? My package was delivered to the UK depot on Friday.

Discodog wrote: »
    What's the average delivery time these days ? My package was delivered to the UK depot on Friday.

2-3 days- if it reached the depot on Friday- I'd imagine your local PO will have it today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,757 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

im using the an post address pal service for the first time (i suppose you could call me an addresspal virgin :D )
    So me delivery is at the UK address in St.Albans today - how long now til I can pick it up at my local post office then do you reckon? a day?,.... 2 days? ... 3days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

im using the an post address pal service for the first time (i suppose you could call me an addresspal virgin :D )
    So me delivery is at the UK address in St.Albans today - how long now til I can pick it up at my local post office then do you reckon? a day?,.... 2 days? ... 3days?

can expect the text anywhere between monday and wednesday, was on the phone to them the other day and I was told theyre currently updating the system so they can give notifications other than ready for collection in future

I have had absolutely no problems in the past using PM - however this time I ordered something off amazon UK (third party seller) who said that would not post to Norn Ireland only a UK mainland address, so I thought yeah why not join address pal .

They were supposed to send me out some kind of card through post ... but I havent received it yet. - think they said I can print up the email and use that until the card comes.

Why dont they just use a 4 digit pin system like PM? - send it to your mobile and just give pin number to post office counter staff - or even show them the text message as a form or ID?

I have had absolutely no problems in the past using PM - however this time I ordered something off amazon UK (third party seller) who said that would not post to Norn Ireland only a UK mainland address, so I thought yeah why not join address pal .

They were supposed to send me out some kind of card through post ... but I havent received it yet. - think they said I can print up the email and use that until the card comes.

Why dont they just use a 4 digit pin system like PM? - send it to your mobile and just give pin number to post office counter staff - or even show them the text message as a form or ID?

Post office need to scan something before they can release it and also scan the item so there is traceability for hub to customer
    Easy enough really when you have the card

anyone know if there will be any consequences for PM and Addresspal if UK leave Europe? will they still carry on continue the service? - I should imagine so, but I'm just beginning to wonder like

• Advertisement

anyone know if there will be any consequences for PM and Addresspal if UK leave Europe? will they still carry on continue the service? - I should imagine so, but I'm just beginning to wonder like

It's unlikely to happen anyway
    Betting for brexit is 7/1 and to remain is 1/14
    Bookies don't normally get things that wrong

If it did it wouldn't make a difference to the three companies

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

It's unlikely to happen anyway
    Betting for brexit is 7/1 and to remain is 1/14
    Bookies don't normally get things that wrong

If it did it wouldn't make a difference to the three companies

:-)

Will they now have to collect import tax.

:-)

Will they now have to collect import tax.
    Duty free might be on the cards lol

Probably be a deal struck with Europe where the uk is park of the euro economic area like what Norway has
    Won't be for another 2 years anyway

Probably be a deal struck with Europe where the uk is park of the euro economic area like what Norway has
    Won't be for another 2 years anyway

Where they have to comply with all the regulations- and pay more into the EU kitty than they do at the moment- but not have a seat at the table. There would be a frigging declaration of war............

Where they have to comply with all the regulations- and pay more into the EU kitty than they do at the moment- but not have a seat at the table. There would be a frigging declaration of war............

They will be penalised financially for leaving
    A deal will have to be put to both sides over the next two years
    It's not as simple as I'm leaving bye

They will be penalised financially for leaving
    A deal will have to be put to both sides over the next two years
    It's not as simple as I'm leaving bye

They cannot and will not be offered terms better than those available to Switzerland or Norway- and are likely to be offered significantly worse terms- as a warning to other countries (particularly Denmark in the first instance)- not to follow suit.

They cannot and will not be offered terms better than those available to Switzerland or Norway- and are likely to be offered significantly worse terms- as a warning to other countries (particularly Denmark in the first instance)- not to follow suit.

The eu are considering a shake up now according the polish pm to try and make things better for other countries to keep the eu

The eu are considering a shake up now according the polish pm to try and make things better for other countries to keep the eu

There has been a shakeup ongoing for the last 2 years.
    It suits the Polish and some others to say there is going to be a shake up- predominantly- because they don't want any part in Merkels resettlement of refugees etc etc Add visa free access for Turkey into the mix- and voila- you have an explosive situation.

Its a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

interesting times ahead, just read that itll be at least 2 years, probably upwards of 5 before we see change even start so addresspal is safe for the minute, also the pound is after having a mini crash on the head of it so great time to buy from the uk aswel!

Advertisement