Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

The email I got came from Amazon and not addressPal.

When I read the following, it read to me that you got an email from addresspal
    about an hour ago I got an email saying it was in Herts and would be delivered to my PO tomorrow.

Yeah I ordered a new sewing machine on the amazon prime day and it only delivered to addresspal this morning. I know for sure I won't get it till next week, but I'd be thrilled if I got to try my new toy this weekend!

How is exciting.

Woke this morning and I didn't get a message or email from an post but I kinda knew that. Will have to wait til next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Anyone have this issue with Amazon before?

"An attempt was made to deliver your package. A re-delivery attempt will be made on the next business day."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Anyone have this issue with Amazon before?

"An attempt was made to deliver your package. A re-delivery attempt will be made on the next business day."

Yeah the other morning,they managed to deliver it that evening.
    Obviously a problem with courier deliveries.

On the rare occasion I'm in my village early around 9 or not long after, and passing the post office I would usually see the post men and women pottering about their van. So I presume this is the time mail comes in. By half 9 they are usually on the road.

I was hoping on receiving an email from address pal this morning with an update to my parcel is it arrived in my chosen post office. But there is no email. I'm disappointed now because we are into day 3 after my parcel was delivered to St.Albans.

I'm hoping there might be an update tomorrow morning. If not I will have to start following it up with addresspal.

How's everyone else getting on waiting on packages from address pal.

• Advertisement

For all those who used address pal before. Does this bit on the addresspal account section ever get updated when you are waiting for a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

On the rare occasion I'm in my village early around 9 or not long after, and passing the post office I would usually see the post men and women pottering about their van. So I presume this is the time mail comes in. By half 9 they are usually on the road.

I was hoping on receiving an email from address pal this morning with an update to my parcel is it arrived in my chosen post office. But there is no email. I'm disappointed now because we are into day 3 after my parcel was delivered to St.Albans.

I'm hoping there might be an update tomorrow morning. If not I will have to start following it up with addresspal.

Normally near midday when I get texts.
    Probably whenever staff get around to scanning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

still early yet email could still come in! wouldnt get too worried yet though longest wait ive had was 5 days

For all those who used address pal before. Does this bit on the addresspal account section ever get updated when you are waiting for a package.

only gets updated when your package is ready to be collected

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its day 3- in all honesty- you're not giving them a chance.......
    If everything goes perfectly according to plan- you may get it in Day 3- but more likely is Day 4-5 or even occasionally later........
    Complaining at Day 3 isn't really giving them a chance at all........

• Advertisement

Its day 3- in all honesty- you're not giving them a chance.......
    If everything goes perfectly according to plan- you may get it in Day 3- but more likely is Day 4-5 or even occasionally later........
    Complaining at Day 3 isn't really giving them a chance at all........

Where am I complaining? I wrote that I'm slightly disappointed, that is all but I'm not complaining.

My package was delivered on Wednesday.
    Thursday day 1,
    Friday day 2
    Monday day 3

I wrote if I don't get an email or an update tomorrow I might follow it up in which I will be entitled to do. The information on the addresspal site says delivery can take 3-4 days. Tomorrow will be day 4. Maybe they should update their website to delivery takes 3 - 4 days, occasionally later.

In my experience in the past (not with addresspal), I only get progress made when I start following things up. Like I dealt with Australian post many times sending parcels from Ireland to Australia. Tracking would say it left Ireland, in London, despatched in London. They mightn't be an update to it for a week but by that state I would start a dispute with oz post. Just for them to check is the parcel in their system. Usually within a day or two of placing it into dispute it gets delivered within a day or two.

More recent, I put in an order online and after two weeks there was no update. I started following things up and withing 3 days it was sorted. If I didn't follow it up I'd still be waiting.

I can't believe there are people so submissive here on boards.ie who would happily and gladly wait. If I don't receive an update tomorrow I might be making contact with customer service of address pal just to get them to follow things up on the package and see if it's in their system. Just to move things along a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Where am I complaining? I wrote that I'm slightly disappointed, that is all but I'm not complaining.

My package was delivered on Wednesday.
    Thursday day 1,
    Friday day 2
    Monday day 3

I wrote if I don't get an email or an update tomorrow I might follow it up in which I will be entitled to do. The information on the addresspal site says delivery can take 3-4 days. Tomorrow will be day 4. Maybe they should update their website to delivery takes 3 - 4 days, occasionally later.

In my experience in the past (not with addresspal), I only get progress made when I start following things up. Like I dealt with Australian post many times sending parcels from Ireland to Australia. Tracking would say it left Ireland, in London, despatched in London. They mightn't be an update to it for a week but by that state I would start a dispute with oz post. Just for them to check is the parcel in their system. Usually within a day or two of placing it into dispute it gets delivered within a day or two.

More recent, I put in an order online and after two weeks there was no update. I started following things up and withing 3 days it was sorted. If I didn't follow it up I'd still be waiting.

I can't believe there are people so submissive here on boards.ie who would happily and gladly wait. If I don't receive an update tomorrow I might be making contact with customer service of address pal just to get them to follow things up on the package and see if it's in their system. Just to move things along a bit.

It's not about being submissive as you put it
    Address pal is a slow service
    Items get delivered to the hub in England and then they stay there until there is enough items to warrant despatch
    Contacting an post will do nothing to speed this up
    If you want a quick service then try parcel wizard
    3 days from posting to my door
    I only use address pal when the person won't ship to Northern Ireland

Calm down and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

I just got my package from local PO. I ordered it from Amazon on Wednesday the 13th around 1pm and got it this morning. Pretty decent turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i wouldn't worry to much about delivery times - few examples using an post getting parcel delivered from NI-anywhere from 2-3 days to full week,and thats only border away on same island,just using post.

Royal mail is usually fast to process items,plus they work saturdays.
    An post is cut off on Friday night,and believe they start arranging/sorting deliviers to local POS late at Sundays-midnight,but depending on location and delivery time,it might add up to 1-2 extra days.

Since theres a lot of variables,one could be reaching quota-since address pal needs to pay off for them to make profit,thus they cant send every item once its delivered in UK thus delays,then often theres holidays,or just busy periods where they see volumes increase thus adding to delays again.

since as mentioned every service has it pros and cons given theres 3 companies offering similar services,pm is handy for smaller items and collection when suitable,PW might implement Saturday deliveries ,but for now its choice where you want it delivered,an post is UK mainland address,thus while it might be slower but depending what you get theres a lot more saving then getting it to NI-Ire,since think its usually around 10 pounds on bigger or more expensive items to get it even to NI,where mainland is 0 cost.

scamalert wrote: »
    i wouldn't worry to much about delivery times - few examples using an post getting parcel delivered from NI-anywhere from 2-3 days to full week,and thats only border away on same island,just using post.

Royal mail is usually fast to process items,plus they work saturdays.
    An post is cut off on Friday night,and believe they start arranging/sorting deliviers to local POS late at Sundays-midnight,but depending on location and delivery time,it might add up to 1-2 extra days.

Since theres a lot of variables,one could be reaching quota-since address pal needs to pay off for them to make profit,thus they cant send every item once its delivered in UK thus delays,then often theres holidays,or just busy periods where they see volumes increase thus adding to delays again.

since as mentioned every service has it pros and cons given theres 3 companies offering similar services,pm is handy for smaller items and collection when suitable,PW might implement Saturday deliveries ,but for now its choice where you want it delivered,an post is UK mainland address,thus while it might be slower but depending what you get theres a lot more saving then getting it to NI-Ire,since think its usually around 10 pounds on bigger or more expensive items to get it even to NI,where mainland is 0 cost.

Most items are free to Northern Ireland I've found, I only use address pal when the sellers refuse to ship out of the mainland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Most items are free to Northern Ireland I've found, I only use address pal when the sellers refuse to ship out of the mainland
    You could be right on that,since only experiences ive had that on sites like amazon it states free shipping but then you still get added cost of delivery on checkout-now that might be courier cost used within UK from seller,when its not coming directly from amazon hub.

Still no update on things with me and my parcel.

I got up early this morning and went to the village to get a few things from the shop. On my way back I called into the post office where I'm known very well. I told the lady that I signed up to use address pal and asked her by any chance did a parcel come in for me. There was none and she asked me 'when?'. I told her I ordered something last week and it was delivered to the depot in Herts late Wednesday afternoon. She said they are usually very quick and recommend following up on it with addresspal. So I will send an email shortly. I doubt I'm going to get very far though because there's no tracking from S.Albans to Ireland.

I sent an email from the contact us page on the addresspal site but I don't expect a reply.

The shop I order from used a courier company called Yodel and I Google's reviews about that courier company. There are many woeful reviews coming up about it. Some reviews saying tracking says parcel was delivered but nothing came. So I suspect there is a problem somewhere here. Tracking for me says parcel was delivered but there's something in my mind questioning whether it was delivered to the correct address. I don't know what way now to proceed. I suppose I could wait it out for another few more days but I think there probably won't be anything coming up.

So what happens in something like this? If later down the line nothing arrives. I played using PayPal. Would I be able to start a dispute with them to get my money back? The shop fulfilled their part and sent the parcel. Courier company says delivered. Is there any recourse when using a parcel forwarding service?

I am presuming you mean you paid with PayPal
    If you haven't received your item you can open a dispute and after the time period it can be escalated to a claim - using a parcel forwarding company makes no difference
    You seem very impatient
    Yodel are one of the worst courier companies going and it can take a week for them to deliver added to address pal service this could be a ten day wait for you

I sent an email from the contact us page on the addresspal site but I don't expect a reply.

The shop I order from used a courier company called Yodel and I Google's reviews about that courier company. There are many woeful reviews coming up about it. Some reviews saying tracking says parcel was delivered but nothing came. So I suspect there is a problem somewhere here. Tracking for me says parcel was delivered but there's something in my mind questioning whether it was delivered to the correct address. I don't know what way now to proceed. I suppose I could wait it out for another few more days but I think there probably won't be anything coming up.

So what happens in something like this? If later down the line nothing arrives. I played using PayPal. Would I be able to start a dispute with them to get my money back? The shop fulfilled their part and sent the parcel. Courier company says delivered. Is there any recourse when using a parcel forwarding service?

they should get back to you quick enough, from what ive seen their customer service is top knotch, no need to worry about all that yet anyway and my experience with online parcel reviews is its only the bad cases people go online to talk about which makes it seem a lot worse than it is

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    they should get back to you quick enough, from what ive seen their customer service is top knotch, no need to worry about all that yet anyway and my experience with online parcel reviews is its only the bad cases people go online to talk about which makes it seem a lot worse than it is

Top knotch
    Good one lol

I am presuming you mean you paid with PayPal
    If you haven't received your item you can open a dispute and after the time period it can be escalated to a claim - using a parcel forwarding company makes no difference
    You seem very impatient
    Yodel are one of the worst courier companies going and it can take a week for them to deliver added to address pal service this could be a ten day wait for you

Yes I meant to write paid.

Tracking on the Yodel site says delivered on Wednesday the 13th. I'll wait it out for another few more days and get on to PayPal.

Yes I meant to write paid.

Tracking on the Yodel site says delivered on Wednesday the 13th. I'll wait it out for another few more days and get on to PayPal.

You can open a dispute now if you want it takes a while before you can escalate to a claim

You can open a dispute now if you want it takes a while before you can escalate to a claim

Thank you for this information. I'll wait til tomorrow morning to see if it gets delivered into my post office in the morning but somehow I doubt it.

As expected there was no update this morning. We into the 5th working day from when my parcel was supposedly delivered. <brI sent an email yesterday to addresspal and I included as much information as possible - name of shop, name of courier used, tracking number - just in case the parcel came into Ireland and it's missing the AP number and hoping the parcel can be found and identified. My email wasn't responded to. Although the tracking on the courier site says delivered, my gut instinct is telling me that the parcel went astray some where. I started a dispute with PayPal so I'm hoping the shop I dealt with will follow things up with the courier.

Address pal is just after replying back to me. Asking me for some information. Description of contents and proof of delivery. All I had right now we're screen shots from the courier site but I got on to the shop that I dealt with asking for a screenshot of proof of delivery like a signature.

Got things sorted for now, thank God!

I received a phone call from address pal and I was speaking to a lovely lady.

The address label on the parcel had two problems:

1) My name was incorrect.

Say for example my name is Joe O'Bloggs. The name on the parcel is Joe Bloggs. O left out.

2) The AP number wasn't included on the address label.

I definitely included that when ordering so it's a disappointing how an establishment can't even get an address that is provided for them correct.

I'd say the lady had some job trying to locate it to me and my number on their system but job well done all the same.

Delighted now that there is some progress made.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Hello, I just got a text that my package has arrived at the GPO in Dublin (my selected location). It was unbelievably fast, I placed the order this past Monday!
    Anyway, so fast that I havent received my card yet. Is it absolutely necessary to collect the item or can i collect it with my driving license and a print out of the email confirming my subscriber number?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭blade1

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Hello, I just got a text that my package has arrived at the GPO in Dublin (my selected location). It was unbelievably fast, I placed the order this past Monday!
    Anyway, so fast that I havent received my card yet. Is it absolutely necessary to collect the item or can i collect it with my driving license and a print out of the email confirming my subscriber number?

Yes, bring those,they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

I have been a user of Parcel Motel for many years and find the service excellent. However I have signed up for Addresspal as I have a post office at the top of my road and am available during the day to collect. I have just received the card and literature from An Post and am surprised at the list of items they will not accept for delivery. Some are understandable e.g. guns, ammunition, explosives. But why exclude aerosols of any kind, batteries (and any appliance with a battery fitted), toner and ink cartridges, (that excludes printers also as they usually come with ink/toner included), liquids of any kind - so no perfume, aftershave etc.?

I don't think I'll be making much use of Addresspal.

And another thing - the personal reference number is way too long at 16 characters as against Parcel Motel's seven characters.

The full list of prohibited items is here: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Sending+Mail/Speed/Prohibited+items.htm

• Advertisement

Bodhran wrote: »
    I have been a user of Parcel Motel for many years and find the service excellent. However I have signed up for Addresspal as I have a post office at the top of my road and am available during the day to collect. I have just received the card and literature from An Post and am surprised at the list of items they will not accept for delivery. Some are understandable e.g. guns, ammunition, explosives. But why exclude aerosols of any kind, batteries (and any appliance with a battery fitted), toner and ink cartridges, (that excludes printers also as they usually come with ink/toner included), liquids of any kind - so no perfume, aftershave etc.?

I don't think I'll be making much use of Addresspal.

And another thing - the personal reference number is way too long at 16 characters as against Parcel Motel's seven characters.

The full list of prohibited items is here: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Sending+Mail/Speed/Prohibited+items.htm

Have you seen the extensive list that parcel motel have

http://www.parcelmotel.com/terms/

I ignore this and have had no issues
    Often get ink - jewellery - aftershave - perfume

All three companies have roughly the same list

One down size to address pal I found is the size restriction

Advertisement