Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Depp wrote: »
    interesting times ahead, just read that itll be at least 2 years, probably upwards of 5 before we see change even start so addresspal is safe for the minute, also the pound is after having a mini crash on the head of it so great time to buy from the uk aswel!

It hasn't dropped as much as the press etc are making out
    It's now same rate it was against the euro in February

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

It hasn't dropped as much as the press etc are making out
    It's now same rate it was against the euro in February

still better than it was yesterday anyway! was going to order something yesterday but I waited till today and saved a noticeable chunk!

Depp wrote: »
    still better than it was yesterday anyway! was going to order something yesterday but I waited till today and saved a noticeable chunk!

€60 saving on €1000 compared to yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

So far my experience with AddressPal isn't the best.
    Apparently my parcel arrived and they kept it a secret.(no email, nothing on the website)
    Until I got an email from them saying I had one day left to collect the parcel or they would return it.
    Apparently I need to get a crystal ball!

Since my post office was holding my parcel, I happily walked to it, just to find out it wasn't there at all.
    So I called Customer Service, and they politely understood my problem and would get back to me in a few minutes. Guess what? They didn't! So I called back after one hour, just to get the same polite conversation and they would get back to me.

At the moment, there's a parcel about to be returned, but AnPost doesn't know its location.

So far, I'm not impressed with AddressPal. I'll wait to see what happens with my situation, before I send them a proper complaint/suggestion.

I've been with PM for a few years, and no problems at all, but AddressPal... The only thing that makes AddressPal more appealing is the address in England, rather NI, I know still UK, but some online vendors do differentiate.

I should give an update on my first adventure with AddressPal:
    After a month, I decided to contact their Customer Service via email (since by phone I got no luck).

So they reply to me with good news and an explanation on how there was a mix up with the addresses (I've two) so I got notified from one address while the parcel was actually on the other one.
    But all is well since I got my parcel (they actually hold it for a few weeks), and I shall use their service again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Patww79 wrote: »

There is a link to print a form to have an agent collect an item for you in the e-mail they send you. They need your Address Pal card- proper ID of their own (passport/drivers license- work ID etc is not acceptable)- and the 3.50 fee.

Go back a few posts and spocker has added the link to the form here
    Helps to have a quick read first

Would have saved you even asking just having a quick read, it's only a few pages back, that's the point of spocker adding the link

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

There is a link to print a form to have an agent collect an item for you in the e-mail they send you. They need your Address Pal card- proper ID of their own (passport/drivers license- work ID etc is not acceptable)- and the 3.50 fee.

If you haven't received the card in the post yet, a copy/print-out the original sign-up email will cover you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Spocker wrote:
    If you haven't received the card in the post yet, a copy/print-out the original sign-up email will cover you

Its been over a week i signed up and i still have t received a card in the post. They dont hurry themselves do they?

Its been over a week i signed up and i still have t received a card in the post. They dont hurry themselves do they?

It was over a forthnight before I got mine. I guess they do them in batches.

Mine took a month
    Very slow process
    Even slower in the post office, it's a rural one and the woman is bonkers
    That reminds me I must set up a new account because you can't just change post office location apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

First time using AP.

It was delivered by Amazon last Tuesday. Contacted them yesterday. They wanted proof of signature.

Amazon do not provide signatures AFAIK, so i sent them a screenshot from my Amazon account.

Stuff can happen, but unless there is no way to ship to NI, i doubt i will be using them again

ok - I tracked and traced with UK Royal mail. My package was delivered to St. albans address UK on 23rd June @ 10.08am - and we are on 27th June now and not a dickybird about it from my PO in Sligo - how do they deliver it from the last leg of UK to Ireland ? by snail pigeon is it? :mad:

ok - I tracked and traced with UK Royal mail. My package was delivered to St. albans address UK on 23rd June @ 10.08am - and we are on 27th June now and not a dickybird about it from my PO in Sligo - how do they deliver it from the last leg of UK to Ireland ? by snail pigeon is it? :mad:

They wait until they have filled a container- and then they bring the whole container over- and send it to Portlaoise for sorting.

4-5 days is quite normal- occasionally it might be quicker- sometimes- if you're unlucky enough that they had just sent a container and you're at the start of a new container- it could be longer.........

What do you expect for three quid fifty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I've never had to wait more than a few days. That being said, I work in UPS and the other day a parcel came in for somebody with the address pal address but they had put Ireland at the bottom so that would have to be sent back to St. Albans for sorting. Could have been yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I can only give my account on the service.

Following up from my post earlier, i received a missed call saying my parcel was in the post office i had earlier nominated.

I changed post office two days before the order as i was away for the week.

Phoned up their number, the girl phoned both PO's and no sign of the parcel or confirmation on my account

I e-mailed support again and got the response that they wanted proof of delivery again.

Shoddy service, for me at least

• Advertisement

KJ wrote: »
    I've never had to wait more than a few days. That being said, I work in UPS and the other day a parcel came in for somebody with the address pal address but they had put Ireland at the bottom so that would have to be sent back to St. Albans for sorting. Could have been yours.

oh blimey , i wonder if something like that could have happened - i didnt put Ireland in the delivery address at all

My PM deliver my orders perfectly and quick from UK to NI (to me) for not much more

Just happened to be in this particular instance the Amazon sender would not send to a NI address, I will watch out for that next time i order something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

They wait until they have filled a container- and then they bring the whole container over- and send it to Portlaoise for sorting.

4-5 days is quite normal- occasionally it might be quicker- sometimes- if you're unlucky enough that they had just sent a container and you're at the start of a new container- it could be longer.........

I would have thought this Air Business hub was An Post's middle-ground for all their mail traversing between the UK and Ireland. Surely there would be trucks bound for Ireland departing from it daily - even without AddressPal traffic?

Either way, used it for the second time today without a hitch for a small packet from China. I had to smile when I collected the packet though. It had managed to get from China to AddressPal in the UK with just a single, simple address label yet by the time it reached my local post office - there had been 2 big AddressPal labels slapped on, an An Post barcoded label printed and slapped on and the local sorting office written on the front in blue biro... all on a tiny little packet! It reminds me of this clip from David McSavage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PM may abuse RM a little but they still get my items from Antrim to my local Eurospar in 6-12hrs for €3.95 ;)

ED E wrote: »
    PM may abuse RM a little but they still get my items from Antrim to my local Eurospar in 6-12hrs for €3.95 ;)

I gave up on PM- the amount of things getting smashed was unreal.

I gave up on PM- the amount of things getting smashed was unreal.

ive never had anything smashed - should not the onus be on the sender to package the items really well against getting damaged in transit, rather than the courier getting blamed?

My card arrived in the post today :)

so my first ever Address Pal package arrived today - if they could just get their act together and do some kind of online tracking to track the parcel from st.albans to the designated post office that would be even better. It was in St. Albans at 10am on 23rd Jun and I only got message today by text message that it was ready.

- I know they tell you 3 or 4 working days but when your waiting for a package to come it does give you a bit of the jitters and wondering if the package as been overlooked or lost or something and you dont want to keep being a pain emailing them and asking when its gonna arrive.

• Advertisement

so my first ever Address Pal package arrived today - if they could just get their act together and do some kind of online tracking to track the parcel from st.albans to the designated post office that would be even better. It was in St. Albans at 10am on 23rd Jun and I only got message today by text message that it was ready.

- I know they tell you 3 or 4 working days but when your waiting for a package to come it does give you a bit of the jitters and wondering if the package as been overlooked or lost or something and you dont want to keep being a pain emailing them and asking when its gonna arrive.

If your obsessed with tracking then use parcel motel it's quicker and you get a nice little picture as an update

Advertisement