Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

If your obsessed with tracking then use parcel motel it's quicker and you get a nice little picture as an update

Couldn't in this instance, the seller wouldn't post to northern Ireland only uk address

• Registered Users Posts: 39,056 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

You couldn't make this up...
    Today I collected an AP package from the local PO, and not for the first time, noticed the sender hadn't included the AP reference/ customer identifier number in the address.
    Stuck on the package was a jolly little printed note from AP;

Dear Customer Please Beware
    No AddressPal Account Details Included on this Item.
    This might delay delivery.
    Please ensure all orders include
    your AP Account Number

<holds head in hands>
    Really? Well, perhaps if the total gimboid responsible for the lame-brain idea of having a mile-long account number as an essential part of the address might have thought it out better, this wouldn't be a problem.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My last AP item took two weeks from dispatch in the UK. An item was dispatched, by second class mail, on Monday & it arrived on Friday. They must batch them & I just caught the plane.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just had the fastest ever delivery.........
    Delivered by courier to reception 4.30PM Thursday evening
    Ready for collection in Lucan this morning.

Pity delivery times are so inconsistent.......

placed order at amazon on 20th June - delivered to St. albans address on 23rd June - wasnt available from my Sligo PO until 28th June - felt like I was waiting forever for it to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

placed order at amazon on 20th June - delivered to St. albans address on 23rd June - wasnt available from my Sligo PO until 28th June - felt like I was waiting forever for it to come.

Don't forget 23rd was Saturday so it wouldn't go anywhere till 25th and that's if the cage/container is full
    Surprised it took amazon so long to get it to St. Albans tbh usually the next day

Surprised it took amazon so long to get it to St. Albans tbh usually the next day

yep me too, but it was 3rd party seller through amazon and maybe i selected for the free (but longer dispatch/second class) delivery option and thats why

yep me too, but it was 3rd party seller through amazon and maybe i selected for the free (but longer dispatch/second class) delivery option and thats why

really? - that works it does it? .. interesting

really? - that works it does it? .. interesting

Sure does, just don't forget to cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Got a message that my parcel couldn't be delivered to the UK depot this morning,by courier I'm presuming.
    Is there an issue with courier deliveries,surely there is somebody there,or maybe it's because of the signature. Said they'd try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

I normally use Parcel Motel for items because I prefer being able to collect it when it suits me. I've given Address Pal a go a few times and twice now orders have been unable to be delivered.

Amazon just emailed to say that they were unable to deliver an parcel today. This is not good enough. I've had nearly a hundred items sent to PM and never have they been unable to deliver the parcel.

Really not good enough from An Post.

kneemos wrote: »
    Got a message that my parcel couldn't be delivered to the UK depot this morning,by courier I'm presuming.
    Is there an issue with courier deliveries,surely there is somebody there,or maybe it's because of the signature. Said they'd try again tomorrow.

This is exactly what I got! Didn't see your post before posting mine!

I normally use Parcel Motel for items because I prefer being able to collect it when it suits me. I've given Address Pal a go a few times and twice now orders have been unable to be delivered.

Amazon just emailed to say that they were unable to deliver an parcel today. This is not good enough. I've had nearly a hundred items sent to PM and never have they been unable to deliver the parcel.

Really not good enough from An Post.

Try DPD parcel wizard
    I use all three for different reasons but there service is the best, can collect or have it delivered to any address and select your day for delivery too

Try DPD parcel wizard
    I use all three for different reasons but there service is the best, can collect or have it delivered to any address and select your day for delivery too

Thanks! I'll look into it. Yeah I use PM most of the time because I like collecting at my own time. An Post I use when they won't ship to NI but seems like that's hit and miss now.

I'll look into DPD, the issue there is I'm never home during the day. Would be great if you could schedule everything for a Saturday or evening. Surely they could find evening shift drivers?

Thanks! I'll look into it. Yeah I use PM most of the time because I like collecting at my own time. An Post I use when they won't ship to NI but seems like that's hit and miss now.

I'll look into DPD, the issue there is I'm never home during the day. Would be great if you could schedule everything for a Saturday or evening. Surely they could find evening shift drivers?
    They can deliver to workplace too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

kneemos wrote: »

Telling me now it's just been delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Just after using addresspal for the first time last weekend.

I needed to buy new curtains for the sitting room and I had to google UK sites for two reasons:
    - sizing:. Local shops and online shops in Ireland don't supply curtains in the 90 × 54 size. It's usually 90 × 72 or 90 × 90.
    - pricing: one pair of curtains could cost the guts of 100 euro plus and I have two windows in the one room of 90 × 54 size. So I just don't have that kind of money.

So I found an English site with curtains and found my size and price was very promising at 30 pounds and ordered 2.

Despatched yesterday with a tracking number for a courier and was delivered to St.Albans late this afternoon. I am beyond excited waiting for curtains. I would be thrilled if my package was to arrive in my local PO for Friday but that would be wishful thinking and all going well I'll be waiting into next week anyways.

I like the idea of addresspal and delivery to my local post office because with parcel motel, the lockers are in the city and where I'm from and my schedule it's hard to get into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Yeah I ordered a new sewing machine on the amazon prime day and it only delivered to addresspal this morning. I know for sure I won't get it till next week, but I'd be thrilled if I got to try my new toy this weekend!

Yeah I ordered a new sewing machine on the amazon prime day and it only delivered to addresspal this morning. I know for sure I won't get it till next week, but I'd be thrilled if I got to try my new toy this weekend!

Won't that be over size ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

I usually use Parcel Motel , but like the idea of nipping down the local PO and picking it up there. Yesterday I ordered a Car Diagnostic Kit from Amazon ( around 11.30ish I ordered it ) I received a notification to say it was confirmed etc , then yesterday evening received another email notification to say it was in the process of been shipped, then this morning around 10am I received yet another notification to say it was shipped and on its way to Herts., about an hour ago I got an email saying it was in Herts and would be delivered to my PO tomorrow. Happy days.

I usually use Parcel Motel , but like the idea of nipping down the local PO and picking it up there. Yesterday I ordered a Car Diagnostic Kit from Amazon ( around 11.30ish I ordered it ) I received a notification to say it was confirmed etc , then yesterday evening received another email notification to say it was in the process of been shipped, then this morning around 10am I received yet another notification to say it was shipped and on its way to Herts., about an hour ago I got an email saying it was in Herts and would be delivered to my PO tomorrow. Happy days.

Herts to post office can take 2 days if the cage isn't full

I can live with that, I wasn't expecting it till Mon/tue next week , but my local PO opens on Saturday so there is every chance it might be here by Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Won't that be over size ?

Not by weight cos I checked that first. But I think it might be classed as oversize dimensions wise, depending on how it's packed. But I got it for about €150 less than I can get it here so even if I have to pay the €25 I've still saved a substantial amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I can live with that, I wasn't expecting it till Mon/tue next week , but my local PO opens on Saturday so there is every chance it might be here by Saturday morning

No deliveries on Saturday, so if it isn't in your local po tomorrow it will be Monday before you get it.

You got an email saying your parcel is in Herts and will be in your local PO tomorrow.

Does everyone get this email?

I'm waiting on something and from the couriers site it said it was delivered yesterday evening but I never received any such email from address pal or an post.

I'm worried now perhaps the parcel was delivered to St.Albans but maybe the AP digits/code was left off my label.

You got an email saying your parcel is in Herts and will be in your local PO tomorrow.

Does everyone get this email?

I'm waiting on something and from the couriers site it said it was delivered yesterday evening but I never received any such email from address pal or an post.

I'm worried now perhaps the parcel was delivered to St.Albans but maybe the AP digits/code was left off my label.

I got an email saying the following -
    Your package has been delivered to reception at your delivery address.
    that address is the AddressPal in Herts.

I got an email saying the following -
    Your package has been delivered to reception at your delivery address.
    that address is the AddressPal in Herts.

That's strange because according to my tracking number and courier company that the company I ordered from used, my parcel was delivered yesterday to St.Albans in Herts but I got no email from address pal. I logged into my address pal account too and there's no update there.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Tried addresspal for the first time last week,Bit of a shock to track a item to St.Albans and the next day get a notification that it was in my local post office.
    2nd time there was no tracking but i ordered a item Friday and had it in my post office Wednesday.

Impressed so far despite the couple of minutes that i had to queue when collecting the first time,Hard to argue with 3.50.

The english address is a real help as a lot of sellers will only post to mainland UK.

• Advertisement

That's strange because according to my tracking number and courier company that the company I ordered from used, my parcel was delivered yesterday to St.Albans in Herts but I got no email from address pal. I logged into my address pal account too and there's no update there.

The email I got came from Amazon and not addressPal.

Advertisement