Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

joebass wrote: »
    I've just been charged by AddressPal for an item from the USA that I didn't order

I've rang the number on the website and after following the list of options got booted off the call by the option I chose ...not very helpful, I didn't order anything so they deemed me not worthy of being on the support line. :rolleyes:

So, I've emailed them asking them to refund / cancel the €41.99 charge pending on my account

I also asked them to delete my bank card details, clearly they can't be trusted now.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? and are they quick to resolve them?

Two packages of mine are MIA - arrived at their UK hub mid November, and no sign of them since. I'm tearing my hair out - I get through to them on the phone, and they take the details and promise someone will email me within 48 hours, then zilch. I wouldn't hold your breath, and suggest that you start looking up your banks charge back process.

I also asked them to delete my bank card details, clearly they can't be trusted now.

When you login, there's an option to change your card - maybe you can delete it through there too. I wouldn't wait for them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass

I tried, and it didn't look there was an option to delete the card
    I'll look again

It took 14 days to deliver an item I posted near the end of November by standard post in Ireland, so not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

This is worrying given that it will be necessary to provide AddressPal with credit card details and for them to maintain those details in their system, to avail of their services, post year end.

I understand that VAT or duties may apply to some transactions, but I will definitely not be uploading my credit card details to my account. I emailed AddressPal to enquire if they envisaged whether it might be possible to open an account and maintain a minimum balance, sufficient to clear any costs arising on transactions etc. etc. They responded that no such facility was in place at the moment but stated that it was an interesting suggestion and that it would be passed to the team.

Does anyone else have reservations in uploading their credit card details to the AddressPal account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

AddressPal have terrible customer support compared to the other package forwarding services. They bring down he name of An Post who I would have much more respect for. See here for details, and how I ended up getting a refund for a lost package from them: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115389503&postcount=3088

Maidhci wrote: »
    This is worrying given that it will be necessary to provide AddressPal with credit card details and for them to maintain those details in their system, to avail of their services, post year end.

I understand that VAT or duties may apply to some transactions, but I will definitely not be uploading my credit card details to my account. I emailed AddressPal to enquire if they envisaged whether it might be possible to open an account and maintain a minimum balance, sufficient to clear any costs arising on transactions etc. etc. They responded that no such facility was in place at the moment but stated that it was an interesting suggestion and that it would be passed to the team.

Does anyone else have reservations in uploading their credit card details to the AddressPal account?

They can delete my account once I've my money back. I'm sure other more reliable services will spring up once brexit kicks in, to meet demand

AddressPal have terrible customer support compared to the other package forwarding services. They bring down he name of An Post who I would have much more respect for. See here for details, and how I ended up getting a refund for a lost package from them: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115389503&postcount=3088

If you follow the path I follow in the phone call, you are booted off the call and told there is no need for you to be on a call

An Post support chat direct you to a phone number and option (5) for addresspal
    The phone number eventually directs you to an email, if you follow enough paths
    I never once got an actual person on the phone, just recorded messages in an english accent that doesn't even pronounce An Post correctly

I have yet to receive anything other than the initial auto response via email. I'll give it another couple of days for an email response. The phone line is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

L1011 wrote: »
    Its more likely all such services will give up due to the complexities of dealing with customs. One already has. Demand is going to crater too, not increase.

Absolutely agree. I think An Post are trying very hard to maintain the service, given that one provider has already stopped and another is going to do so very soon, I guess. AddressPal have been very active in their email and letter correspondence in the past three/four weeks to advise of changes etc. etc. They possibly envisage a monopoly situation but the terms and conditions do not very much favour the consumer.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I tried, and it didn't look there was an option to delete the card
    I'll look again
    Are you on Revolut? Put in disposable virtual card details and they can't charge you again.

• Advertisement

Maidhci wrote: »

Similar to my previous post, I have a Revolut account and have several different cards on it. I'll use one specifically for AddressPal and keep it frozen so they can't hit me with any unexpected charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I received an AP notification email at midnight & the text came at 6 am. I have never had a notification before 10 am before. I thought the text only goes out after the PO has scanned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

My parcel was received by Addresspal on 1st December as per tracking from delivery company. Nothing from AP since and no reply to emails from AP, what is going on?

Brian2011 wrote: »
    My parcel was received by Addresspal on 1st December as per tracking from delivery company. Nothing from AP since and no reply to emails from AP, what is going on?

Mine was received November 20th and same situation. I understand there's a backlog, but the lack of communication is making it worse. Even if they put something on their site saying "There's an x day delay" you'd have some idea, but at the moment you have no idea if something has been stolen/gone missing.

Another item (delivered there on November 19th) finally turned up at the weekend, but it had very obviously been opened - both outer and inner packaging, and there was no note saying it had been inspected or anything like that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thoie wrote: »
    Mine was received November 20th and same situation. I understand there's a backlog, but the lack of communication is making it worse. Even if they put something on their site saying "There's an x day delay" you'd have some idea, but at the moment you have no idea if something has been stolen/gone missing.

Another item (delivered there on November 19th) finally turned up at the weekend, but it had very obviously been opened - both outer and inner packaging, and there was no note saying it had been inspected or anything like that.

"The Customer consents to the opening by An Post or its agents of any Item and to inspection by An Post or its agents of the contents."

whiterebel wrote: »
    "The Customer consents to the opening by An Post or its agents of any Item and to inspection by An Post or its agents of the contents."

Yes, but in the past anything that has been opened and inspected (very rare) has had a preprinted note enclosed, or an official sticker saying "this item was opened and inspected".

There are processes in place in An Post for inspections. It's not up to Mary to randomly decide to inspect a particular package that passes her by because she fancies the look of it, or is just a bit nosy. My local post person doesn't stand on the front door going "ooh, I wonder what's in this" and just rips it open in front of me.

They obviously need to be able to open things that may be suspicious/dangerous, or (depending on origin), Customs may want to check the contents. But in each of those cases the customer is supposed to be notified that it's happened - either by a note, or, more seriously, the Gardaí turning up at your door :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They are notifying you with their T&Cs. They are AddressPal T&Cs that I quoted, not An Post. As it is going on aircraft, it will be checked. I have never been notified it has been opened, I expect it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Hi, trying to order something off a UK website, it wont let me proceed with the order unless I put in an 11 digit phone number. Is there a way to get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Also trying to buy something via a US website and my card details arent valid (nothing wrong have double checked). "Must match address on file with your credit card or bank". My god. They dont miss a trick. Have international websites copped onto the existence of the likes of AP I wonder? Adresspal sounds great in theory but a lot of hoops to jump through?

More to do with combating fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

They are notifying you with their T&Cs. They are AddressPal T&Cs that I quoted, not An Post. As it is going on aircraft, it will be checked. I have never been notified it has been opened, I expect it to be.

They should put the sticker on the parcel saying it was opened otherwise you can't tell if the sender shipped it like that or if it was opened. Maybe it was shipped like that in the Ops case?

How is it that a parcel that arrived to addresspal last week got delivered to me yesterday, yet I still have not received item delivered to AP on 1st December? Something very wrong with the service!

recyclebin wrote: »
    They should put the sticker on the parcel saying it was opened otherwise you can't tell if the sender shipped it like that or if it was opened. Maybe it was shipped like that in the Ops case?

It's the downside of using that service. It goes on planes and they have to be aware of the contents.

How is it that a parcel that arrived to addresspal last week got delivered to me yesterday, yet I still have not received item delivered to AP on 1st December? Something very wrong with the service!

Have you checked on their list of prohibited articles? if its on it and they find it they may just return it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It's the downside of using that service. It goes on planes and they have to be aware of the contents.

How about asking the sender to complete a CN22 - esp. with 1st Jan coming up, it would be prudent, and may keep you out of trouble with Revenue/Customs here (note: I am not advocating lying about the contents- I am suggesting that an official declaration might nip a few possible issues in the bud).

How about asking the sender to complete a CN22 - esp. with 1st Jan coming up, it would be prudent, and may keep you out of trouble with Revenue/Customs here (note: I am not advocating lying about the contents- I am suggesting that an official declaration might nip a few possible issues in the bud).

When you see the amount of people that deliberately send Lithium Ion batteries on the service, despite them being hazardous, you see why they need to open the packages. The CN22 will need to be filled out as well.

Have you checked on their list of prohibited articles? if its on it and they find it they may just return it.

No nothing Prohibited, just plastic, no batteries or anything like that, box would be a good size aswell, doesn't make since how they could just lose it. Is there huge backlogs there?

No nothing Prohibited, just plastic, no batteries or anything like that, box would be a good size aswell, doesn't make since how they could just lose it. Is there huge backlogs there?

There has been, but it seemed to be getting better. Could be they are clearing latest first, or certain sizes that they can fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Daibheid wrote: »
    What’s the best approach to get a missing parcel tracked down?
    I’ve used Uk collection at local post office four times in the last month or so. Two parcels arrived albeit after nearly two weeks each and one has gone missing. Nov 3rd I contacted them by email AddressPalSupport@AnPost.com and got a response (bot like) and reference number and then nothing. A follow up email with the reference number got no response.
    Got on the phone and after about a twenty minute wait got someone in the UK who didn’t have access to the case number but gave me another email address which supposedly is the actual parcel centre in the UK. AddressPalCustomerService@airbusonline.com No response.
    Tried another email to both the centre and the original support email - nothing.
    Started over using a different email address, got another reference number despite quoting the first ref I was given and a request for details of the missing parcel. Duly provided and yes you e guessed it. - nothing.

The parcel was not delivered signed for and unlike Parcel Motel, they don’t email on receipt if you opt to collect so no record of them receiving it.
    But they haven’t even bothered claiming not to have received it, they just don’t respond. I switched to this service to try support my local Post Office but it’s catastrophically bad so far.
    Anyone had similar experiences as it looks like the fourth parcel may also be gone missing.

Update for anyone still thinking of or actually using Addresspal . Another few phone calls and emails to no avail. Then a second parcel went missing. But having learned my lesson, this one was tracked as delivered.
    This time I rang to ask how to claim compensation But the helpful person asked me to hold while they got on to the warehouse.
    So they found both parcels. One has been there since October. No explanation, e.g. that my ID number was missing, apparently it’s not unusual.

This was last Monday week, 10 days ago. I was assured they were now being processed and I should have them by the end of the week.

Still nothing delivered.

• Advertisement

When you see the amount of people that deliberately send Lithium Ion batteries on the service, despite them being hazardous, you see why they need to open the packages. The CN22 will need to be filled out as well.
    If you order a lithium battery from a reputable source, there will be an impossible-to-miss sticker on the package to alert An Post as to the contents being a lithium battery. An Post can then make an informed decision as to whether to process it or not. I would assume they send such packages over on the ferry.

Advertisement