Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭partyboy690

eiei0 wrote: »
    Still nothing here anyone hear anything for AP about items delivered to Hatfield over the last few days??

I got a parcel delivered to AP in London and it got processed on their Heathrow Hub on the 30th of November and it got processed in Dublin on the 2nd of December so I suspect everything is very slow at the moment.

I got a parcel delivered to AP in London and it got processed on their Heathrow Hub on the 30th of November and it got processed in Dublin on the 2nd of December so I suspect everything is very slow at the moment.

Ok so I got absolutely no other tracking updates until now which said it's out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

Any of you receive anything in last two weeks from addresspal in UK in last 2 weeks . Waiting on a TV . It's been scanned and last update was on 23rdand that it's in Heathrow but nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Cancel the order now, with the number of packages to be delivered your chances even in normal times are remote to even get through to Addresspal.
    I went through the pain of direct contact via non public phone numbers where a signed for delivery was lost

Took delivery today - 3 days after purchase. There was a slight hiccup with delivery from amazon to addresspal but all in all i cannot reccomend the service enough. Very easy & straight forward. Yes the wait time on the phone was a bit painful but its coming up to xmas and covid so to be expected
    Maybe i got lucky who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Took delivery today - 3 days after purchase. There was a slight hiccup with delivery from amazon to addresspal but all in all i cannot reccomend the service enough. Very easy & straight forward. Yes the wait time on the phone was a bit painful but its coming up to xmas and covid so to be expected
    Maybe i got lucky who knows

Good stuff, I went through a long painful refund process with them in August 2019, many calls , proof of this proof of that. I reverted back to PM where I never have a problem. It seems that they got their act together so lucky you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Still heard nothing item was delivered to them on the 30th, Is there no way to contact them that they will actually answer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seekers

An post sent an email yesterday telling everyone that the post office delivery address will no longer be in use from the end of the year.

Just to really confuse me, I had another item delivered to Hatfield today at 11:02 and I get an email saying they have an item today at 11:32,

Do the log items received in straight away or it is like PM the log them in later in the day/next day,

I don't know why I switched from PM they are just better at this mail forwarding service, No Picture is a big loss,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

From January 1st 2021, due to customs changes, we can no longer deliver parcels using your AddressPal Post Office address.
    From this date you should only use your unique Home Delivery AddressPal address for all your UK deliveries.
    Once your item is processed in our UK Hub, you will receive a notification with the option to redirect your parcel to a location that suits you, including your convenient Post Office!

So... we can’t deliver to the post office from January but you can redirect the package to.... your local post office!!

The big news is though:
    While change can be unwelcome, we have to make some changes. From January 1st 2021, all AddressPal items from the UK will cost €6.50. But the good news is that this charge is for all items* up to 20kg!

So the price is increasing and (because of Brexit) there’s potential for customs charges. I can see this business unfortunately become unviable quite soon. There’s too many players in the market, PW, PM, and DPD etc and I see now DPD are already pulling out

Shame, I used the service a bit and always got me out of a bind when sending something here wasn’t possible. If I was to use the service now it would probably only to get something I definitely couldn’t source anywhere else

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just means a lot of us are going to dust off our Spanish, Portuguese, French and German- and hop onto various EU websites instead. The Spanish Amazon site for example- has rather interesting electronics and often has bits and pieces months before the UK (like all those global Motorola/Lenovo products for example).

I've a couple of laptop parts languishng in Hatfield which I hope get here in the next week/10 days- after that- thats it for me- despite having an account with Aria in Manchester for 25 years...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭FreshCoffee

If buying in future from EU websites you will need to check if they can supply a UK keyboard on laptops etc. Normally the UK keyboard is only supplied in the UK/Irish market and from January the UK will be outside the EU and all product from there will be subject to additional taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

So the price is increasing and (because of Brexit) there’s potential for customs charges. I can see this business unfortunately become unviable quite soon. There’s too many players in the market, PW, PM, and DPD etc and I see now DPD are already pulling out

Shame, I used the service a bit and always got me out of a bind when sending something here wasn’t possible. If I was to use the service now it would probably only to get something I definitely couldn’t source anywhere else
    Amazon may work something out yet. I ordered something today which was free delivery UK only. But there was no charge at checkout for an Irish address.

There may be a work around......

But, at €6.50 I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Has anyone returned anything they bought from ebay or similar and returned ot through parcel motel, addresspal etc

KOR101 wrote: »
    But, at €6.50 I'm out.

It all depends on what you're ordering- for example- a couple of motherboards and some replacement laptop parts- you've got a grand or two before long........

The main reason I don't use it much- is the lack of track-and-trace, and the limit of insurable damage to EUR40.

I'm hopping over to French and Spanish sources.

Anyone know how long roughly after something is delivered it would it show up on the system,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 QuinnerEP

Does anyone know how long it takes for the USA Hub to process the order and to deliver it to IRE?

Anyone able to help me with a time here please??
    Anyone know how long roughly after something is delivered it would it show up on the system,

Thanks

Anyone able to help me with a time here please??

It took a day for me when I used it, the package was delivered from the UK to the UK address and a day later it was in system.

How do I go about trying to find a parcel that was delivered there over a week ago and hasn't been checked it, another parcel was delivered there on Friday and delivered to me there now so there doesn't seem to be much of a delay,

Do the answer the phone?? How do I make a claim,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

Any of you receive anything in last two weeks from addresspal in UK in last 2 weeks . Waiting on a TV . It's been scanned and last update was on 23rdand that it's in Heathrow but nothing since
    Receive this package yesterday , 2 weeks it took nut got there eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass

I've just been charged by AddressPal for an item from the USA that I didn't order

I've rang the number on the website and after following the list of options got booted off the call by the option I chose ...not very helpful, I didn't order anything so they deemed me not worthy of being on the support line. :rolleyes:

So, I've emailed them asking them to refund / cancel the €41.99 charge pending on my account

I also asked them to delete my bank card details, clearly they can't be trusted now.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? and are they quick to resolve them?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Hi folks ,

Anyone have any idea if something ordered and shipped today in Uk to Hatfiledaddresspal stands a chance of arriving in Ireland before January first? I d hate to be shafted with customs charges

Hi folks ,

Anyone have any idea if something ordered and shipped today in Uk to Hatfiledaddresspal stands a chance of arriving in Ireland before January first? I d hate to be shafted with customs charges

Its a bit of a gamble- I had a package signed for there Monday of last week- which arrived here today. Obviously times will get worse the closer it gets to Christmas. I wouldn't suggest its a good idea to try it at this stage- but you would probably be ok for another week or so, I imagine.

I just got a text from addresspal saying they received a parcel for me. If I am expecting one to send them details of the package...... I didn't order anything.... Doesn't appear to be scammy, they gave me an an post email (which I won't be emailing) and a support number. Their website is down for me so I cant find a phone number for support.

What's my next step here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I just got a text from addresspal saying they received a parcel for me. If I am expecting one to send them details of the package...... I didn't order anything.... Doesn't appear to be scammy, they gave me an an post email (which I won't be emailing) and a support number. Their website is down for me so I cant find a phone number for support.

What's my next step here?
    You do nothing.

They just have a parcel with your name, but can't identify which account it belongs to. I get them now and then.

KOR101 wrote: »
    You do nothing.

They just have a parcel with your name, but can't identify which account it belongs to. I get them now and then.

Perfect. Would have assumed it would be obvious from the forwarding address! Thanks. Thought that my details had been shared somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Order landed on Monday in UK.
    First time using them. When would be likely
    for me to hear about it this end? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Perfect. Would have assumed it would be obvious from the forwarding address! Thanks. Thought that my details had been shared somewhere.

They don’t have a forwarding address. Another James Bond has had a parcel delivered but they forgot to add the APW number so they ask all James Bonds if they’re expecting a parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I redirected some amazon packages from my home address to the parcel locker. The an post tracker is showing the parcels as delivered but I still have not received any parcel locker pin numbers three days after the tracker says delivered.

Should a package show as delivered on their tracker if its going to a parcel locker?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mod <Snip> this has its own stickied thread

Advertisement