Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

recipio wrote: »
    The problem really is the loss of free delivery to the UK.Most UK websites base their charges on British postcodes and load on the charges to the ROI. Do the Irish customs officers really want the job of opening and inspecting every package from Amazon ? Frankly I doubt they have the capacity for what would be a logistical nightmare.
    Hopefully the virtual address companies will find a workaround to keep them in business.
    id imagine government been preparing for that at least for few years now, that said its clear as is an post cant cope with current loads, which post brexit will be like xmas every day.

as likes of amazon ebay, will declare value, items and youll pay fees in advance so that's not an issue, its your tkmaxx or some other retailers/individuals that simply wont bother with paperwork just to get some 30e item here.

as you state correctly if they go by the current rules, packages would be stuck in customs for weeks, sorting, chasing vat etc on every parcel is beyond any logistical nightmare, as even at normal times it takes week or so for item delivered from US to get moving within Ire, and that would be peanuts compared to how much comes from uk on daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

MOD - Snip. Please check the charter and first post in this thread about what is acceptable to send through AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Addresspal is the only one available to be used as both parcel wizard and motel have closed right :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

5star02707 wrote: »
    Addresspal is the only one available to be used as both parcel wizard and motel have closed right :confused:

Yeah think it is ,is it €6.50 to the door not at post office anymore?
    Anyone know now that a Brexit deal done what's deal with Vat and Customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seekers

I've only ever used addresspal as I found them good and had no need to change

• Advertisement

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Yeah think it is ,is it €6.50 to the door not at post office anymore?
    Anyone know now that a Brexit deal done what's deal with Vat and Customs?

yes 6.50 fixed price deliver to your door (home address)
    not much news regarding vats and customs on their site

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

yes 6.50 fixed price deliver to your door (home address)
    not much news regarding vats and customs on their site
    In reality it's actually €10 as there'll be a €3.50 customs-processing fee applied to all packages, regardless of whether there are customs charges due or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Quackster wrote: »
    In reality it's actually €10 as there'll be a €3.50 customs-processing fee applied to all packages, regardless of whether there are customs charges due or not.
    It gets worst, wont be cheaper from UK anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I’ve something being delivered to Address Pal in the UK today. Generally, how long does it take to be received from the UK? This is my first time using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

I’ve something being delivered to Address Pal in the UK today. Generally, how long does it take to be received from the UK? This is my first time using them.

As far as I am aware, it used to be approx. 4 days from date of delivery to UK address. There is more than likely a backlog to be dealt with at the moment and in all probability will take longer. I have a small package (letter mail A5) in transit somewhere, it was mailed in UK on 19 December, should have been delivered to AP 21 December, but it has not shown up as yet - hopefully tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Maidhci wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, it used to be approx. 4 days from date of delivery to UK address. There is more than likely a backlog to be dealt with at the moment and in all probability will take longer. I have a small package (letter mail A5) in transit somewhere, it was mailed in UK on 19 December, should have been delivered to AP 21 December, but it has not shown up as yet - hopefully tomorrow.

Ah right - I was being overly optimistic that it would ship from them today in order for me to avoid VAT and excise which I’ll probably get hit for.

same, sighh im hoping to not get hit by customs but i doubt they'll come in to Ireland before the 1st January

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

Seems both AddressPal, and AnPost call centres are closed.

Got an email from AddressPal payment couldn't be taken for a package. Website showed two packages, one paid for, one moved to Specials Area.

Called the bank, no issues, no blocks.

I can't get through to AddressPal, or AnPost call centers, it rings, and then cuts you off.
    Their webchat is also gone on their site.

Anyone else able to get through to AnPost support?

same, sighh im hoping to not get hit by customs but i doubt they'll come in to Ireland before the 1st January

Right, so I’ve been emailed by Address Pal to say they have my item, charged me €7.49 and my item is currently in Heathrow transit hub as per the An Post tracking. I’m wondering given I have already been charged, will I be charged again once the item enters Ireland? Hopefully it arrives in Ireland tomorrow so I won’t be charged further if this is the case!

Right, so I’ve been emailed by Address Pal to say they have my item, charged me €7.49 and my item is currently in Heathrow transit hub as per the An Post tracking. I’m wondering given I have already been charged, will I be charged again once the item enters Ireland? Hopefully it arrives in Ireland tomorrow so I won’t be charged further if this is the case!

Hopefully because it's already been processed by AnPost that's that.

I have a similar package, but one was due 6.49 and somehow payment didn't go through and is in their "Specials Area" now.

I'll likely get slapped on VAT for that one now because it'll be processed after 31 Dec.

I have a similar package, but one was due 6.49 and somehow payment didn't go through and is in their "Specials Area" now.

I'll likely get slapped on VAT for that one now because it'll be processed after 31 Dec.

Also, I wonder why I was charged €7.49 and not €6.50? The item is only 3kg.

Also, I wonder why I was charged €7.49 and not €6.50? The item is only 3kg.

It's still following the old pricing until Jan1st.

One package was 2.93KG charged 7.49.
    Second one was 6.49 and somehow they couldn't process the payment. it weighs 0.36kg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kogrady

Do you know what date your two parcels were delivered to the U.K. hub? I had a parcel delivered on 24th December at 9am for home delivery and still haven’t had the tracking number email yet, I was hoping it would of been processed by now

kogrady wrote: »
    Do you know what date your two parcels were delivered to the U.K. hub? I had a parcel delivered on 24th December at 9am for home delivery and still haven’t had the tracking number email yet, I was hoping it would of been processed by now

Three of mine were delivered today, the other two yesterday. All, but one was instantly processed.

3le8CgK.png

Thank you

Hoping my one has gone through to Post Offucs as thy have done that before now even with APW number on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

A spokesman for An Post said items bought from British sellers before January 1st but not delivered before the transition period ends are likely to be marked as exempt from new charges.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/brexit-to-hit-parcel-post-to-and-from-britain-1.4447643

mine hasn't appeared on my addresspal yet, but as per royal mail it has been delivered to AddressPal UK

praying it appears on my account tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

mine hasn't appeared on my addresspal yet, but as per royal mail it has been delivered to AddressPal UK

praying it appears on my account tonight

I have just had notification that my package is awaiting collection at the PO. The package was mailed in UK 19th December - I presume the delay was due to volume of mail being processed etc.

Delighted that it has been processed under the current regime as I have not elected for the revised system post January 1st., due to reservations about recording my credit card details online, as stated in an earlier post here.

Maidhci wrote: »
    I have just had notification that my package is awaiting collection at the PO. The package was mailed in UK 19th December - I presume the delay was due to volume of mail being processed etc.

Delighted that it has been processed under the current regime as I have not elected for the revised system post January 1st., due to reservations about recording my credit card details online, as stated in an earlier post here.

That's great news. They're working hard I'd say.

All my processed items are already at Heathrow as well, so I'd say they're trying to get as many as possible out in one massive shipment.

So like anyone know how fast they appear in your account once delivered? ?

Still not appearing in my account but I've contacted royal mail and they said Addresspal have signed and delivered as per tracking. Don't want it to be lost in transit

When was your item delivered in U.K. and was it for home delivery or Post Office collection, because if it’s going to the post office you won’t hear anything until it gets to your nominated post office in Ireland
    So like anyone know how fast they appear in your account once delivered? ?

Still not appearing in my account but I've contacted royal mail and they said Addresspal have signed and delivered as per tracking. Don't want it to be lost in transit

When was your item delivered in U.K. and was it for home delivery or Post Office collection, because if it’s going to the post office you won’t hear anything until it gets to your nominated post office in Ireland

Delivered first working day after Christmas which was Tuesday 29th December

Home delivery to avoid any problems

I had one delivered 24th December (also for home delivery) and they didn’t process it as yet
    Was your APW number definitely written on the address as if not that can cause delays
    Delivered first working day after Christmas which was Tuesday 29th December

Home delivery to avoid any problems

I had one delivered 24th December (also for home delivery) and they didn’t process it as yet
    Was your APW number definitely written on the address as if not that can cause delays

Yeah APW number is there
    So I'm guessing they are clearing out the first ones in so many delays. Hopefully will be updated soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone hazard a guess how addresspal may work with items from China, eg package from China to UK valued at 18USD, passes UK customs fine and then forwards to addresspal.

From here is it then 21% of the value (18USD) plus €6.50 delivery + €3.50 clearance or am I missing out on something?

Advertisement