Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bagpipe wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Just wondering if i have used addresspal correctly even after reading the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

So i used the "order a UK delivery" address when ordering an item from NL (the retailer does not ship to Ireland), does this mean that the item will ship from NL to the addresspal building in the UK and then from there to my own Irish address stated in my addresspal account?

Thanks for any help:D
    Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep!

Brilliant thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

FFS, Who the hell writes physical letters of complaint in this century anymore. Anyway, after doing that, I finally received a refund (by cheque) for the item that they lost. Could you try that?

I've emailed AnPost Customer Support as they promote it as a service of theirs. I'm not expecting much.

Meanwhile, AddressPal appear to have lost another parcel now!

I only switched to Addresspal to try support keeping local Post Offices open. No good deed goes unpunished Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Used address pal for the first time today on a hoover 200 pounds worth. Amazon have now mailed me saying they will send me a one time pass code to read to the delivery driver on the day of delivery as the item is deemed of value.

How do I get around this? Do I inform amazon or inform address pal?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Presumably AddressPal need to give the code to the delivery driver to release it to them. You need to get onto Amazon pronto.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Presumably AddressPal need to give the code to the delivery driver to release it to them. You need to get onto Amazon pronto.

i did - they will not release the package to anyone without the code- going to ring address pal in the morning. if the depot is automated or anything i could be snookered. I am sure they have some sort of system for this though hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Used address pal for the first time today on a hoover 200 pounds worth. Amazon have now mailed me saying they will send me a one time pass code to read to the delivery driver on the day of delivery as the item is deemed of value.

How do I get around this? Do I inform amazon or inform address pal?

Cancel the order, you don't need the agro. Addresspal is nightmare and won't be able to help you

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Cancel the order, you don't need the agro. Addresspal is nightmare and won't be able to help you

ah i will call them at see what they say - if it goes south, amazon will refund the order might be a while but it will be refunded not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

ah i will call them at see what they say - if it goes south, amazon will refund the order might be a while but it will be refunded not the end of the world.

Cancel the order now, with the number of packages to be delivered your chances even in normal times are remote to even get through to Addresspal.
    I went through the pain of direct contact via non public phone numbers where a signed for delivery was lost

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am finding AP times, from the UK, to be back to normal. Received 3 items all within the 3 working days.

• Advertisement

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Cancel the order now, with the number of packages to be delivered your chances even in normal times are remote to even get through to Addresspal.
    I went through the pain of direct contact via non public phone numbers where a signed for delivery was lost

Spoke to them this morning and apart from the hold time (15 mins) I found them very helpful and understanding. This one time pass code appears to be a new amazon initiative. The lady on the phone only had one before which was last week, she was truthful with me that the first one didn't go to plan and they couldn't get the package first time but it was retrieved the second time.

I'm happy enough with that, they are trying to come to terms with it too. If it's not got today but got tomorrow I be happy enough.

Will keep you updated regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

How long after an item lands in the UK should I hear something, will I get an email saying the have it, or notice an update on there website,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

eiei0 wrote: »
    How long after an item lands in the UK should I hear something, will I get an email saying the have it, or notice an update on there website,

Thanks

If the company you bought from offers tracking, you can check its progress once its on the post/courier system. I ordered running shoes last week, were delivered to Hatfield within 24 hours and were in my local post office 4 working days later.

Spoke to them this morning and apart from the hold time (15 mins) I found them very helpful and understanding. This one time pass code appears to be a new amazon initiative. The lady on the phone only had one before which was last week, she was truthful with me that the first one didn't go to plan and they couldn't get the package first time but it was retrieved the second time.

I'm happy enough with that, they are trying to come to terms with it too. If it's not got today but got tomorrow I be happy enough.

Will keep you updated regardless.

Provided address pal with the code, but amazon delivery driver called me directly. Delivered to them without a hitch.
    Excellent service! Customer service was great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

I don't post often but this evening I feel compelled to let people know about the way I have been treated by AddressPal by An Post.
    A great service until things go wrong. I used it frequently, and had no problems up until recently.
    A couple of weeks back I ordered an item from the UK (eBay). Two weeks ago, the seller contacted me, with photos, telling me my parcel routed for the AddressPal hub, had been sent back, with a sticker on it saying 'Addressee not at home'. This was unusual, never happened before. Just a glitch, I thought, and subsequently paid him to post it again (this time straight to ireland).
    I contacted AddressPal by email that day explaining the situation. Not the end of the world, but I did feel I ought to be reimbursed for the extra postage price. No reply. In the mean time, I had other items coming to me that were talking longer than usual. Emailed again a few days later. No reply. Spent half the day today ringing An Post/AddressPal...after an hour and a half I eventually got through to a human being. She was lovely and filled in forms with my details etc. About three hours after that phone call, I received a rather curt reply to my THIRD email, simply telling me that AddressPal had changed their address, and it had been this new one (which I had never heard of) since 2018!!!!!
    1. If this is so, how come I have had at least 30 items delivered to me via the 'old' address since 2018?
    2. If it's true that they changed their address, I never received one notification of this. Not one.

There are currently two more of my parcels missing and I am absolutely enraged. I feel I have been treated extremely poorly, and honestly, since it's so bloody hard to get talking to an actual person, I feel left by the wayside and on my own. No company that values itself would treat a customer this way. Honestly the worst customer service I've ever encountered, and let this be a warning to any potential AddressPal users, especially coming up to Christmas. Yes it's more expensive to post directly, and yes, AddressPal is decent when things go well (which seems touch and go), but if things go wrong, you are firmly on your own and out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I don't post often but this evening I feel compelled to let people know about the way I have been treated by AddressPal by An Post.
    A great service until things go wrong. I used it frequently, and had no problems up until recently.
    A couple of weeks back I ordered an item from the UK (eBay). Two weeks ago, the seller contacted me, with photos, telling me my parcel routed for the AddressPal hub, had been sent back, with a sticker on it saying 'Addressee not at home'. This was unusual, never happened before. Just a glitch, I thought, and subsequently paid him to post it again (this time straight to ireland).
    I contacted AddressPal by email that day explaining the situation. Not the end of the world, but I did feel I ought to be reimbursed for the extra postage price. No reply. In the mean time, I had other items coming to me that were talking longer than usual. Emailed again a few days later. No reply. Spent half the day today ringing An Post/AddressPal...after an hour and a half I eventually got through to a human being. She was lovely and filled in forms with my details etc. About three hours after that phone call, I received a rather curt reply to my THIRD email, telling me that AddressPal had changed their address, and it had been this new one (which I had never heard of) since 2018!!!!!
    1. If this is so, how come I have had at least 30 items delivered to me via the 'old' address since 2018?
    2. If it's true that they changed their address, I never received one notification of this. Not one.

There are currently two more of my parcels missing and I am absolutely enraged. I feel I have been treated extremely poorly, and honestly, since it's so bloody hard to get talking to an actual person, I feel left by the wayside and on my own. No company that values itself would treat a customer this way. Honestly the worst customer service I've ever encountered, and let this be a warning to any potential AddressPal users, especially coming up to Christmas. Yes it's more expensive to post directly, and yes, AddressPal is decent when things go well (which seems touch and go), but if things go wrong, you are firmly on your own and out of pocket.

They did change their address to mosquito way a few years ago and to be fair to them, they did send an email about the change.

In fairness, I don't think this is their fault.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

So you made an bolloçks of it, yet it’s somehow all AddressPal’s fault?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Tone it down please.

Item has been delivered to Hatfield do I hear anything before it lands at my door, I only used it once before and that was from the states and I got an email and a text saying they (An Post) had my item,

Nothing so far and they have it over 24hrs

Thanks
    If the company you bought from offers tracking, you can check its progress once its on the post/courier system. I ordered running shoes last week, were delivered to Hatfield within 24 hours and were in my local post office 4 working days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Item has been delivered to Hatfield do I hear anything before it lands at my door, I only used it once before and that was from the states and I got an email and a text saying they (An Post) had my item,

Thanks

Recently the first I'm hearing about my parcels is when they're ready for collection in the PO.

Thanks

1st post in this thread has a link to the AddressPal website which gives you the different notification stages.

Thanks

Should be tracked - you would have got an email with the tracking link.

So has anyone noticed a delay from when something is delivered to Hatfield and when you get notified,

I swapped over from PM as they are too slow currently, guess that was a mistake,

Thanks

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

So has anyone noticed a delay from when something is delivered to Hatfield and when you get notified,

I swapped over from PM as they are too slow currently, guess that was a mistake,

Thanks

They are all busy in fairness (PW, PM, AP, etc) due to Covid-19, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

How do you get a parcel delivered to the lockers. An Post’s info page on the lockers doesn’t tell you how exactly from what I saw

Brian017 wrote: »
    How do you get a parcel delivered to the lockers. An Post’s info page on the lockers doesn’t tell you how exactly from what I saw

It'll be an option from January, I just got this in an email
    AP wrote:
    What if delivery to home doesn’t suit me?
    From January we are introducing more delivery options to your AddressPal service. Once you have updated your AddressPal account details with a home delivery address, and your parcel has been processed in our UK or US hub you will then receive a notification from us. This notification will have a link with the option to redirect your parcel to any of the following:

• A Post Office/Collection Point
    • A Parcel Locker
    • A neighbour
    • A safe place
    • Or select an alternative date for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Spocker wrote: »
    It'll be an option from January, I just got this in an email

It's not clear from the website where to update the UK delivery address.
    I presume we haveto remove the UK delivery address and replace it with home address.
    Same thing will have to be done on other websites like amazon?

mikekerry wrote: »
    It's not clear from the website where to update the UK delivery address.
    I presume we haveto remove the UK delivery address and replace it with home address.
    Same thing will have to be done on other websites like amazon?

Not quite, you'll need to update any UK based seller with your new AddressPal APW numbers, the actual address for delivery is still Mosquito Way

• Advertisement

Still nothing here anyone hear anything for AP about items delivered to Hatfield over the last few days??

Advertisement