Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show Halloween 2015 9.50pm

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree. I'm terrified to switch stations when that programme is on just in case I flick it on by mistake and that I would count as a viewer which in turn will boost his ratings.

You do realise that by watch the show you are pushing the ratings up ?

So the figures will be released for viewership and it will have broken BOC's record ! Just cos you are all watching it even though you think it's ****e .

I watched the first episode and none since . I read this thread but cannot understand everyone posting bad stuff (well I can understand that bit!) but at the same time watching it every week !

At this rate the show will never be axed and Darcys's head will get bigger ...and balder ! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Thanks to this unwatchable show we're discovered the Jonathan Ross show on BBC. I was so transfixed by Priscilla Presleys unmoving face I forgot all about the horrors on RTE1 !!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The TAM ratings are based on a relatively low audience sample. They don't actually measure every single person that watches the show.

Weirdly, I've heard that RTE still use the TAM rating system which is based on a tiny sample of people. And I strongly suspect that people with TAM boxes in their houses are far more likely to watch RTE than any other demographic. In most countries now TV ratings are collected digitally and instantaneously through your digital receiver and standard rating include people who watched the tv show 'live' as it aired, on a +1 channel or within the hour as a digital recording. They also pay attention to how many viewings the show got in the next 24 hours and the next week, either as a recording on your box or through the channel's online service. And they'll look at things like how many people watched for the first 15 minutes and then switched over or how many people started watching 15 minutes in and kept watching, which will tell them that their marketing is working but the show isn't or vice versa.

Thinking about it I guess RTE prefer sticking to a system like TAM because it tells them what they want to hear rather than giving them an accurate picture of their ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

iguana wrote: »
    Thinking about it I guess RTE prefer sticking to a system like TAM because it tells them what they want to hear rather than giving them an accurate picture of their ratings.

Good point. But what about the advertisers spending the bucks, surely using the digital ratings system gives them far more data about how effective their ad spends are?

I wonder also what exact data the TAM system picks up to denote a household as viewing that show. Would flicking on for 5 minutes before turning over then log someone as having watched the show even though it was dross and they switched off?

In any case Ray Darcys next set of ratings might be interesting and there can be no excuses about the Rugby WC taking viewers from him. He got something like 330k two Saturdays ago so it'll be interesting to compare that to the ratings for last nights show

Advertisement