Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show Halloween 2015 9.50pm

Options
  • 31-10-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Just so you can enjoy your Halloween festivities without having to endure the weekly 'Is there a thread yet?' *refresh* 'Still no thread, is it definitely on this week?' *refresh* 'ah here, it's starting in a minute' *refresh* 'Am I going to have to do this myself? :mad:' ...

So if you've ever wondered what height these people are, and if they've ever played a bit of rugby then you are Ray Darcy and you should think of better questions ...

Donal Skehan 'Celebrity' 'Chef', he's the one who allegedly has real chefs on standby when he is doing demonstrations. Allegedly. Was in a band who had two Number Ones in Ireland, which almost no-one ever heard of.

Anna Geary (former Cork Camogie All Ireland Winner) and Davy Fitzgerald (Clare Hurling All Ireland winning Coach and Player) are in to plug the new series of Ireland's Fittest Family. Or maybe people who look like them. Your guess is probably better than mine.

Michael Ball Genial King of Musicals, who usually gives a decent interview is trying to sell a few tickets for Mack & Mabel at the Grand Canal Theatre in Dublin. He came second in Eurovision the year the year Linda Martin won it.

Guy Garvey from Elbow sings a song from his Solo Album. Before taking on the host in a conker match or something.

There you go, starting a thread does not infer that the thread starter endorses the show in any way #BrendanForever #RayDarcyNever.

Happy Halloween !!!

a.daa-small-cat-spider-baby.jpg

EKUM87Y0KKnx.jpg

Edit: There was also a long interview with the founders of the Laura Lynn Charity about the death of their children, which wasn't on the RTE TEN page before the show.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I like Geary, she's lovely
    swoon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

10/10 for that OP.

*applauds*

Might watch till MOTD. Wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Was Donal Skehan in a gimpy band?

Hmm...just thinking, if I watch tonight, I will actually be choosing to watch a conversation between Ray Darcy and Donal Skehan. On a Saturday night.

Oh, Donie, how did it come to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

God almighty what a lineup. If I hopped in the car tonight and rounded up a few random ghouls, it wouldnt be any worse than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Was Donal Skehan in a gimpy band?

Hmm...just thinking, if I watch tonight, I will actually be choosing to watch a conversation between Ray Darcy and Donal Skehan. On a Saturday night.

Oh, Donie, how did it come to this?

Hmmm when you put it like that ...

Ah well

2009-06-lee-hutton--morgan-deane--michele-mcgrath--donal-skehan-(industry).jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_(Irish_band)

The band had two number 1 hits in the Irish Singles Chart with their debut single "My Baby's Waiting" (25 June 2009 chart) and follow up "Burn" (27 August 2009 chart)

Both of their records went straight in at Number One, and straight back out again. If you buy enough of your own records, anyone can have a Number One ! Allegedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ray will end up interviewing the catteh and doggeh in Skid's post, at this rate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭Heckler

Irelands fittest family. A perfect excuse for Ray to bang on about running and porridge and how exercise can cure depression, cancer and the refugee crisis. Can't wait for the latest side splitting anecdote of those mischeivious kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Any superstars like last week I wonder.. What a complete fail, Wonder if he will bring this up on opening tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Evening all. Really looking forward to this. Have been talking the Ry D'arcy show up to all my closest friends this week.

Let's hope he delivers.

And of course he will. From the guaranteed forced ad-libbed banter as the guest is just sitting down to talking about height and some inane bull about his kids, why change a winning formula?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Ok, this is the first time that I'm attempting to watch this programme from the beginning, though I'm switching over to MOTD no matter who is on.

I'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

She's some cracker.

Heading to see Guy Garvey in December in the Olympia. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭Heckler

Good god that was excruciating

I'd like to hear Davy Fitzgerald trying to speak after inhaling helium.

Probably best to make sure no dogs are in ear range first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Davy is bursting out of his shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

"...a twist near the end..." usually means the family expected to win don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

tinpib wrote: »
    Evening all. Really looking forward to this. Have been talking the Ry D'arcy show up to all my closest friends this week.

Let's hope he delivers.

And of course he will. From the guaranteed forced ad-libbed banter as the guest is just sitting down to talking about height and some inane bull about his kids, why change a winning formula?

What winning formula?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

How did he pull yer wan? He's way older!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I cringe as a Clare person when I see Davy on the telly, his behaviour can be very embarrassing at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Woah. Just tuned in. Where did Davey get this hottie ?

coolhull wrote: »
    What winning formula?

As stated above unplanned forced banter, asking about height, talking about your kids when no one cares, I will also add laughing at your own jokes, contempt for guests, poor comic timing, nervousness and a lack of talent for public speaking.

It's a perfect storm for a tlak show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Jaysus, she"d put a boner on a corpse, stunner

Never warmed to either Davy Fitz or Donal Og Cusack.

That story about them staring each other out (when on the same team) wouldn't change my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Sigh...... ah jayus. Between this and the tricker treaters coming to the door all evening I've had enough!!

sledging wiki ...

According to Ian Chappell, the use of "sledging" as a term originated at Adelaide Oval in either the 1963–1964 or 1964–1965 Sheffield Shield competition. Chappell claims that a cricketer who swore in the presence of a woman was said to have reacted to an incident "like a sledgehammer". As a result, the direction of insults or obscenities at opponents became known as "sledging".[3] Despite the relatively recent coining of the term, the practice is as old as cricket itself, with historical accounts of witty banter between players being quite common.

According to the BBC’s Pat Murphy: “My understanding is that it came from the mid-sixties and a guy called Grahame Corling, who used to open the bowling for New South Wales and Australia … apparently the suggestion was that this guy's wife was [having an affair] with another team-mate, and when he came into bat [the fielding team] started singing When a Man Loves A Woman, the old Percy Sledge number.”[4]

I mostly look forward to seeing Anna to be honest Ray.... I'm still not sure where, but maybe Google will tell me..

Well that was uneventful and disappointingly cringe free. Anna comes across as lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Hitchens wrote: »
    How did he pull yer wan? He's way older!

Seem like a bit of an odd couple all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

How many weeks does this show run for?

Berserker wrote: »

Thankfully usually just around 70 minutes.

• Advertisement

O
    Berserker wrote: »

I think it's only on for about an hour and a quarter or something like that, but you usually feel like you've lost a decade of our your life on this sh### by the time it's over.

Advertisement