Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show Halloween 2015 9.50pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid X wrote: »
    Did anyone else think he was about to say the song was called 'Angela's Ashes' ?
    The song is as miserable as the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Pretty catchy tune that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The song is as miserable as the film.

I quite liked the song, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Berserker wrote: »
    These guys have more talent in their little fingers than most of the acts out there today.

Agreed. Thought that was the best part of the show tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

It's over. Everyone cheer!!! The bad news is that we have to do it all again next weekend.

• Advertisement

Well that was a marvelously entertaining show..............................

said no one ever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Thank God that is over, I only watch because it is so bad.

Just to show Halloween doesn't have to be miserable, here is the end of BBC2's Newsnight from a few years ago.

If Vincent Browne recreates this next year I will pay him one millllllllion dollars**

** Terms and Conditions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Right, I'm off to kill myself.

(kidding....)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

I missed the opening monologue slash Russian Roulette scene, but the rest of it was just boring rather than so bad it's good.

I honestly did mute the whole misery slot while I rustled up some grub, by my calculations it went on for more or less 35 minutes?

That was just boring overall.

Hope he returns to form next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Well that was a marvelously entertaining show..............................

said no one ever Jenny when Ray got home :mad:

FYP ;)

You do realise that by watch the show you are pushing the ratings up ?

So the figures will be released for viewership and it will have broken BOC's record ! Just cos you are all watching it even though you think it's ****e .

I watched the first episode and none since . I read this thread but cannot understand everyone posting bad stuff (well I can understand that bit!) but at the same time watching it every week !

At this rate the show will never be axed and Darcys's head will get bigger ...and balder ! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Right, I'm off to kill myself.

(kidding....)

You taught it could not get any worse
    Well dont hold your breath ,imelda may show on now repeated for the 10th time

If Nielsen or TAM or anyone else ever asks me, no way am I admitting to watching this programme.

Imelda May pretending to be Jools Holland, interviewing Jools Holland, dressed as a pirate, telling me it's not Halloween.

It's been a long night.

cute geoge wrote: »
    You taught it could not get any worse
    Well dont hold your breath ,imelda may show on now repeated for the 10th time

I thought it was a horror movie. I've the last hour of Bram Stoker's Dracula on Film4+1 on now, can't be bothered to get into a full unseen film.

Maybe it's my telly but does Jools look really red in the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,972 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Skid X wrote: »
    Imelda May pretending to be Jools Holland, interviewing Jools Holland, dressed as a pirate, telling me it's not Halloween.

It's been a long night.

That's a repeat I think....she's beyond cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

So the figures will be released for viewership and it will have broken BOC's record ! Just cos you are all watching it even though you think it's ****e .

I watched the first episode and none since . I read this thread but cannot understand everyone posting bad stuff (well I can understand that bit!) but at the same time watching it every week !

At this rate the show will never be axed and Darcys's head will get bigger ...and balder ! ;-)
    They'll hardly keep it going just for us. There's a nation of zombies out there who'll never move the diall no matter who's on it.

I've always wondered how they get the viewer/listener figures and how accurate they really are.

The TAM ratings are based on a relatively low audience sample. They don't actually measure every single person that watches the show.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's my telly but does Jools look really red in the face?

He's probably just realised that Imelda is ripping off his own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,972 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who gives a fook about figures and ratings? It's pure crap, end of. Many watch it out if boredom, out of curiosity, and out of it being so bad it's good.

Oh,and many watch to contribute to this slating thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Some people watch Conor McGregor hoping he wins, others watch hoping he gets beaten up.

Either he's bringing in the numbers baby, just like Ray D'arcy :P

walshb wrote: »
    Who gives a fook about figures and ratings? It's pure crap, end of. Many watch it out if boredom, out of curiosity, and out of it being so bad it's good.

It does sort of make a difference because if there's a large fraction of people watching it (for want of a better word) "ironically", and RTE/D'arcy want to appeal to that, then that changes the situation. Then it becomes something quite different, some sort of game. I'm watching with the idea that it's an honest attempt at saturday night entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I've the volume down as I can't cope with anymore misery items. Isn't it sad that we live in a country where parents have to tell their horror stories so that services and funding might be provided to help their children.

I switched off a few minutes into that segment and never returned. I felt very sorry for the family but it was making my Saturday night feel like a cold Monday morning in Janurary
    Two RTE employees, misery slot, RTE employee. Good lineup

Pretty much sums it up. Anna Geary was good in fairness but have RTE literally no money to spend getting non-RTE people in for an interview? I reckon the budget is extremely limited* and it was most obvious tonight.

*except for lighbulbs, there's an unlimited budget for lighbulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Here's a question- has Ray Darcy had a guest on the show yet who consistently earns more money than he does?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Here's a question- has Ray Darcy had a guest on the show yet who consistently earns more money than he does?
    Those kind of people have better things to be doing with their time.

Joe Duffy and Marian Finnicane excluded.

Donal Skeehan if he plays his cards right.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »

I get that. But don't ask for the show to be axed or D'arcy replaced cos that won't happen if the ratings are high cos everyone's watching it! :rolleyes:

RTE don't know or care if you're watching out of boredom, curiosity or just to slag it off. I'd prefer a good movie on Saturday night to this repetitive, ego boosting drivel for Ray D'arcy ! The man thinks we want to hear about his kids .......he thinks he is genius,funny & can do no wrong .....seriously folks !

Advertisement