Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Big decision to make now. Want United cover. So do I go with De Gea (McCarthy sub) + Naughton, or Rojo + Myhill (McCarthy sub)? I'm leaning towards De Gea, although it is 0.4m dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Butland and moreno in for begovic and Darmian . Frees up cash and gives me a keeper at home every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Big decision to make now. Want United cover. So do I go with De Gea (McCarthy sub) + Naughton, or Rojo + Myhill (McCarthy sub)? I'm leaning towards De Gea, although it is 0.4m dearer!

Myhill and Rojo combo is a risky one as both could be dropped over the next month or so. I don't think that's very likely to happen but Foster is back soon and LVG hasn't settled on a team yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Rodgeb wrote:
    Martial out.

Rodgeb wrote:
    I already have Vardy and BUIB. Who to pick from Giroud, Kane, Lukaku or Bentekers??

Kane scored a great goal a few mins ago. Starting to look like the player of last year.

... it was also last November that he broke through to the EPL starting XI and went on that great scoring run.

He also scored twice in the NLD last time around in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane scored a great goal a few mins ago. Starting to look like the player of last year.

... it was also last November that he broke through to the EPL starting XI and went on that great scoring run.

He also scored twice in the NLD last time around in February.

I think we may soon be moving away from strong front 8s........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Team for the week:

Myhill
    Bellerin Kolarov Bertrand
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez
    Lukaku Pelle Vardy
    Hennessy, Nyom, Souare, Wanyama
    4.8 mil banked!

I've already done Bony to Lukaku. I have a second free transfer I'm thinking I'll keep but wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I thought about Myhill to De Gea but then Pulisball is away to a United team who are struggling to score so the Boaz Constrictor could easily walk away with 3 bonus and some save points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lemlin wrote: »
    Team for the week:

Myhill
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez
    Lukaku Pelle Vardy
    4.8 mil banked!

I've already done Bony to Lukaku. I have a second free transfer I'm thinking I'll keep but wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I thought about Myhill to De Gea but then Pulisball is away to a United team who are struggling to score so the Boaz Constrictor could easily walk away with 3 bonus and some save points.

IMO, I'd bank it. You've a good team set up for this gameweek as it is so I wouldn't waste the FT. Bank it and have 2FT after the internationals for any injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Lemlin wrote: »
    Team for the week:

Myhill
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez
    Lukaku Pelle Vardy
    4.8 mil banked!

You don't "need" to make any transfers. For me I'd have question marks over Myhill and Kolarov in terms of long term availability but you will get a few more weeks out of them before this is a burning issue.

As Hogey said, we've all seen with the last international how many players can potentially get injured so I'd bank if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Bellerin out for the weekend and Koscielny doubtful according to Wenger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,779 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cech_
    ----Kolarov--Moreno--Fonte
    Payet--Sánchez--De Bruyne--Mahrez
    Vardy--Pelle--Bony

Hennessey
    Bellerín--Nyom--Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I've been looking for an excuse to ship out Martial for the past few weeks. I'm thinking of replacing him with Benteke. Liverpool aren't scoring that freely but Benteke is still looking sharpish and has 2 in 2 since his return.

My other strikers are Pelle and Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

John83 wrote: »
    I've been looking for an excuse to ship out Martial for the past few weeks. I'm thinking of replacing him with Benteke. Liverpool aren't scoring that freely but Benteke is still looking sharpish and has 2 in 2 since his return.

Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

John83 wrote: »

Both Pool and Everton have some nice runs coming up. Evertons fixtures may be slightly better. Would Lukaku or Kone be worth considering?

Both Pool and Everton have some nice runs coming up. Evertons fixtures may be slightly better. Would Lukaku or Kone be worth considering?

I was considering Lukaku alright.

I want both Benteke and Lukaku over the next few weeks.

Benteke - CPL, city, SWA
    Lukaku - whm, AVL, bou
    Pelle - sun, STO, mci

I was favouring Benteke because of his two home fixtures over the next three GWs. And then bring in Lukaku for Pelle when Southampton travel to City. Really what I'm trying to decide is the best combination to partner Vardy over the next three GWs until the inevitable reshuffle when Aguero gets back.

Option 1:
    GW12: Benteke (CPL), Pelle (sun)
    GW13: Benteke (city), Pelle (STO)
    GW14: Benteke (SWA), Lukaku (bou)

Option 2:
    GW12: Lukaku (whm), Pelle (sun)
    GW13: Lukaku (AVL), Pelle (STO)
    GW14: Lukaku (bou), Benteke (SWA)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

In that situation I would probably favour Lukaku. Though it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. What swings it for me is that Benteke is more likely to be open to rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Ok I have another strong front 8 headache. Please help!

Payet-Mane-KdB-Sanchez-Mahrez
    Vardy-Pelle-Lukaku.

Who do I bench?
    AOA already used.

At the moment its Payet. But that's just mental surely?

Sunderland were so bad last week I don't really want to bench Mane or Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

lougal88 wrote: »

Vardy-Pelle-Lukaku.

Who do I bench?
    AOA already used.

Think that really comes down to if you think Watford are worse than Sunderland

If Sunderland worse, drop one of Mahrez/Vardy, if Watford worse drop one of Mane/Pelle

If it was me would drop Mane, (but that's probably at least partly because he's the only one of your 5 I don't have!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Vardy-Pelle-Lukaku.

Who do I bench?
    AOA already used.

Same front 8 as I have, probably going to bench Mane, he's the least reliable , but then again it's Sunderland. I know I'm still gonna be second guessing this until the last minute.

Think that really comes down to if you think Watford are worse than Sunderland

If Sunderland worse, drop one of Mahrez/Vardy, if Watford worse drop one of Mane/Pelle

If it was me would drop Mane, (but that's probably at least partly because he's the only one of your 5 I don't have!!!)

It could be a case of Big Sam parking the bus after last weeks annihilation by Everton but on the other hand he isn't a miracle worker and I think Watford are stronger defensively. FFFix telling me to bench Mahrez. But so many are captaining him so that could destroy me....

I had an inkling Mane would be the one people would advise me to drop. But when he's on it he is so explosive and could deliver big.
    Might wait for team news. Who do you think will be Sunderlands CBs?

Same front 8 as I have, probably going to bench Mane, he's the least reliable , but then again it's Sunderland. I know I'm still gonna be second guessing this until the last minute.

Hmmmm its a tough one isn't it?

I'm 50/50 on Mane really. He has so much raw potential but could easily blank. Hard to know what you'll get from Sunderland these days just.

My gut is telling me to bench Payet. I'm a massive fan and have had him for weeks, but as consistent as he is Mane and Mahrez have more double figure potential IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I really want to do Howard -> De Gea and just cut my losses with that Everton defense before I get sucked back into the allure of their fixtures. I have exactly enough to do it.

I also need one of Mahrez or Vardy to appease the gods (and my mutinous team-mates :pac:) It'd be remiss of me to ditch Bony before he plays Villa. Big Rom is going nowhere and I'll not be cutting my ties with my Sexy Italian Stallion for a nother few weeks.

So we're down to Mahrez. I've got Sanchez and KdB who are probably bullet proof here, although Sanchez could be the risk takers gamble. But no. That leaves Eriksen (who I just bought last week), Ayew (with some plum fixtures and for who I have faith until he gets his 5th yellow or the fixtures end) and Jarvis (who's injured but only gets me 4.8 of these gold fantasy coins).

Not to mention Davies who I've no idea about or what'll happen with Rose but Papa (Souare) ain't been preaching recently due to a knock but should be fit again. I'd like a guaranteed 4th defender/actual sub if I got Mahrez though.

For Mahrez either Eriksen or Ayew goes and I'm leaning towards Eriksen as I got distracted by the shiny Villa game in the hope of a bonanza. I'll need to decide by nightfall or before dawn breaks. Thar be a full moon tonight (may or may not be true).

I have 2 FTs and I'm not against a -4 if it serves me well long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

My backs are: Alderweireld, Dawson, Zouma, Fonte and Van Dijk
    Any suggestions, should I bench Fonte or sell? For who?
    Have one free transfer and 1.7m in bank.
    I also have Ighalo, is he not going to play this week?

De Gea in for Myhill. The one keeper policy coupled with Pulisball was delightful and was nice while it lasted. De Gea's fixtures and United's defensive play is too hard to ignore for now. I'm left with a quite expensive backline of 34.1m. Very happy with my team now though. Need to sort out Davies and maybe Anya is all. Looks strong on paper for this GW....but sure we'll see how it goes!

De Gea
    ----Kolarov--Naughton--Bertrand
    Payet--Sánchez--De Bruyne(c)--Mahrez
    Vardy--Pelle--Bony

My backs are: Alderweireld, Dawson, Zouma, Fonte and Van Dijk
    Any suggestions, should I bench Fonte or sell? For who?
    Have one free transfer and 1.7m in bank.
    I also have Ighalo, is he not going to play this week?

I'd be looking towards Utd and Everton. Very good fixtures. If you want to dip into your bank money, you could afford Smalling. The cheaper option being Rojo.

I've made one transfer already. I have another FT left and was intending on keeping it over the international break. But I'm very tempted to get Utd defensive cover in. Would it be worth using the FT or should I bank it in case of emergency over the international period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Rojo for 5.4 or Smalling, can afford both

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Due to bellerins injury I need to make a defensive transfer instead of my planned myhill to ddg. I'm looking at Richards to bertie. I may still do the other transfer for a -4.

Deco99 wrote: »

Smalling.

Rojo will have more competition for LB when Darmian returns and Blind still in the picture.

CB pairing will be Smalling/Blind or Smalling/Jones.

Smalling is UTDs best defender by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Vardy, Mahrez and Payet should not be benched right now. You're inviting punishment. Has to be Mané. Isn't that consistent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Smalling.

Rojo will have more competition for LB when Darmian returns and Blind still in the picture.

CB pairing will be Smalling/Blind or Smalling/Jones.

Smalling is UTDs best defender by miles.

1.1 difference in price though. A lot of money for a possibility of Rojo losing a place he's had for a while now.

• Advertisement

Deco99 wrote: »

How about De Gea? 5.5m is good value and you have no worries about his place. Smalling is obviously the safer option. If you have 3/4 other starting defenders, I'd take the risk of Rojo.

Advertisement