Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

The 580 people who have transferred out Mahrez since Saturday, do they know something that the rest of us don't ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Thinking of Berahino -> Kone and benching Pelle. Am I gone mad?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Thinking of Berahino -> Kone and benching Pelle. Am I gone mad?!

Benching Pelle against Sunderland is kind of mad, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

spock. wrote: »
    Benching Pelle against Sunderland is kind of mad, yeah.

I do have Mane and Bertrand however. And Pantillamon is a very tall person! The only thing stopping me is visioning Kaboul being his usual ****e self and letting Pelle get the leap over him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Posted this in the GW11 thread. Bit embarrassing! Anyway...

I'm quite happy with my team, from both a form and fixtures and money in the bank point of view. Looking to bring Lukaku in for Bony for GW13, as I'll keep Bony for Villa game. So, not sure what to do for this GW. Maybe a defender in for Davies, was looking at a Watford or Palace defender (good fixtures coming up). Any thoughts?

Myhill - McCarthy
    Bertrand - Kolarov - Naughton - Davies - Targett
    Sanchez - Mahrez - De Bruyne - Payet - Anya
    Pelle - Bony - Vardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

sanket wrote: »
    Anyone owning hazard or im the only one left..??Need help...

Himself & Mourinho are not getting along whatsoever and he could easily be the player who said they'd rather lose than win for Jose.

He's done nothing since the start of season, quality player yes but form is shocking.

Maybe give 1 LAST chance this weekend vs Stoke, then bank a transfer and get rid after internationals, much much better value out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Have had Kone as bench fodder since GW3 - was looking to switch this week to ighalo instead but after GW11 it is hard to transfer him out :o:o Is it worth giving him another week or 2? He has not been getting much gametime so would be worried he won't start V west ham but it would be hard to drop him after a hat-trick I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have had Kone as bench fodder since GW3 - was looking to switch this week to ighalo instead but after GW11 it is hard to transfer him out Is it worth giving him another week or 2? He has not been getting much gametime so would be worried he won't start V west ham but it would be hard to drop him after a hat-trick I imagine?

I'd be amazed if he didn't start the next few. Definitely hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Me, looks like we are thin on the ground around here! I have been intending to get rid for weeks and something else comes up every week.

Can afford anyone obviously, Ozil is my favourite at the minute. Have Sanchez too from Arsenal but don't see that as an issue. Other 2 playing mids are De Bruyne and Mahrez. Pelle/ Bony/ Lukaku as strikers so not going to change those as part of any -4 considerations
    sanket wrote: »
    Anyone owning hazard or im the only one left..??Need help...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone thinking of getting Ali in? What are Spurs fixtures like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

paulie21 wrote:
    Anyone thinking of getting Ali in? What are Spurs fixtures like?

Fixtures are a mixed bag until xmas.

Good 5th mid cheap option though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The 580 people who have transferred out Mahrez since Saturday, do they know something that the rest of us don't ???

The mighty Watford are guaranteed to shut them down on Saturday you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I have 2 FTs and my initial thought was Darmian to a cheap defender (already have 3 strong defenders in VVD, Bellerin and Kolarov) and Martial to Lukaku.

I have already lost 0.2m on Martial but given that he is home to WBA on Saturday and Lukaku is away to West Ham does anyone else see any value in carrying the 2nd transfer over? It could be much more valuable to have a 2nd FT after the international break.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Richards to Rojo most likely for me. Would like to do Begovic to Butland and Morgan to Simpson at some point over next few weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have 2 FTs and my initial thought was Darmian to a cheap defender (already have 3 strong defenders in VVD, Bellerin and Kolarov) and Martial to Lukaku.

I have already lost 0.2m on Martial but given that he is home to WBA on Saturday and Lukaku is away to West Ham does anyone else see any value in carrying the 2nd transfer over? It could be much more valuable to have a 2nd FT after the international break.....

I'm in somewhat the same conundrum. I've Lukaku, Bony & Pelle and would love to transfer Vardy in (Already missed the both last 4GW's)

If I were you, I'd bank the 2FT until after the internationals, they haven't been too kind so far this season so having the 2 may allow you to transfer out any injuries and get an EVE defender in too with their nice fixtures coming up..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Currently have this:

Cech
    Nyom Bellerin Kolarov
    Sanchez Payet Ayew Mahrez
    Vardy Pelle Ighalo

Subs: Mignolet, Alderweireld, Redmond, Ward.
    8.1 ITB.

Thinking of getting rid of Redmond or Ayew for another good midfielder. Any other suggestions on what I could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Last week i sold Ighalo for Bony for a -4. This gw I ain't making a similar mistake and doing Benteke for Bony for a -4.…..

No I'm not, in telling you I'm not.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

gazump123 wrote: »
    Currently have this:

Cech
    Nyom Bellerin Kolarov
    Sanchez Payet Ayew Mahrez
    Vardy Pelle Ighalo

Subs: Mignolet, Alderweireld, Redmond, Ward.
    8.1 ITB.

Thinking of getting rid of Redmond or Ayew for another good midfielder. Any other suggestions on what I could do?

Ayew has 2 good fixtures coming up.
    Redmond would be the one to upgrade imo but I'd carry the FT to have 2 after internationals with an eye on Aguero.
    Your squad looks in good shape although no man city and everton would concern me longer term and amount spent on GKs.

Yup. Martial is a hold imo.
    Darmian will probably hold his 5.7m price until start of GW and then be protected when unflagged and could be worth holding with their upcoming fixtures.
    But if your happy with your GKs he's the one to downgrade.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Posted this in the GW11 thread. Bit embarrassing! Anyway...

I'm quite happy with my team, from both a form and fixtures and money in the bank point of view. Looking to bring Lukaku in for Bony for GW13, as I'll keep Bony for Villa game. So, not sure what to do for this GW. Maybe a defender in for Davies, was looking at a Watford or Palace defender (good fixtures coming up). Any thoughts?

Myhill - McCarthy
    Bertrand - Kolarov - Naughton - Davies - Targett
    Sanchez - Mahrez - De Bruyne - Payet - Anya
    Pelle - Bony - Vardy

McC to Gomes?
    A mate reckons they (Myhill and Gomes) rotate well long term but I have not checked.
    Of course Myhill may come under pressure from Foster in a month.

According to Ben Dinnery Foster is probably back in New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ElTel wrote: »
    McC to Gomes?
    A mate reckons they rotate well long term but I have not checked.
    Of course Myhill may come under pressure from Foster in a month.

According to Ben Dinnery Foster is probably back in New Year.

Foster close to a return "Hopefully [he'll be back] in a month, three, maybe two weeks. He had a setback which obviously knocked him." #WBA

This was from Ben Dinnery yesterday. Although Foster will probably not be rushed back and Myhill could count himself unlucky to lose his place right away in any case.

If I thought myhill would keepd playing till the new year I'd probably hold through this tough few games as he has a great xmas schedule.

I also have bad memories of getting Mignolet in and benching Myhill for a few bad fixtures towards the end of last season and he racked uo some mental scores.

@FHFC
    Check out the response by Dinnery around the time of the Rose substitution.
    That's what confused me a bit.

@FHFC
    Check out the response by Dinnery around the time of the Rose substitution.
    That's what confused me a bit.

Thats referring to Forster of Southampton. :D

Yup. Martial is a hold imo.
    Darmian will probably hold his 5.7m price until start of GW and then be protected when unflagged and could be worth holding with their upcoming fixtures.
    But if your happy with your GKs he's the one to downgrade.

Yeah thanks. I need to free up cash to eventually get Agueo back in and I don't see the point in having 4 premium defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah thanks. I need to free up cash to eventually get Agueo back in and I don't see the point in having 4 premium defenders.

darmian has been very very poor the last month
    he will be under pressure for his place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bony has a goal and an assist tonight against Sevilla, for those that are thinking about getting him/transferring him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Looking for a good keeper as I think Myhill must be shipped out given his fixtures and Foster's return in a few weeks. Thanks for everything Boaz :)

Looking at De Gea or Cech maybe? Money no object :D

km79 wrote: »
    darmian has been very very poor the last month
    he will be under pressure for his place

I've been trying to get rid of him for weeks now but something more urgent always seems to come up! Hopefully no big injuries this midweek so I can finally do the deed on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've been trying to get rid of him for weeks now but something more urgent always seems to come up! Hopefully no big injuries this midweek so I can finally do the deed on Friday.

him and begovic both ! I keep putting off selling begovic as if would involve a hit
    no matter when I do it it will be a hit so I might just do it to hell!
    de gea and rojo both in maybe !

• Advertisement

Sterling, KDB (avl)
    Mane, Pelle (sun)
    Mahrez, Vardy (WAT)
    Sanchez (TOT)
    Lukaku (whu)

Who the holy fck do i bench. Going rapidly off the strong front 8 craic!! :(

They are effectively all decent captain choices.

At the moment I'm between Lukaku and Sanchez!! :eek:

May just drop whoever is lowest in the captain poll, probably Lukaku.

Advertisement