Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Bellerin's injury means I'm playing Dawson this week.
    It's weird how comfortable I am with playing a WBA defender at old trafford...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll just go back to my original.plan of myhill to ddg. Jos is now fit and it looks like kolorav is nailed on to start this week. That gives me moreno kolorav and one of Richards or Jos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

With Darmian and Valencia ruled out is it safe to assume Rojo will at the very least play this gameweek at RB?
    Possibly LB in future GW's (being a rotation risk with Young)

Can't justify forking out 6.5 on Smalling with monies needed to get Aguero back in soon.

De gea could solve this but I have Begovic and quite like their upcoming fixtures until Christmas and see him as a differential as noone in my private leagues have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

shineon23 wrote: »
    With Darmian and Valencia ruled out is it safe to assume Rojo will at the very least play this gameweek at RB?

Can't justify forking out 6.5 on Smalling with monies needed to get Aguero back in soon.

De gea could solve this but I have Begovic and quite like their upcoming fixtures until Christmas and see him as a differential as noone in my private leagues have him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/10053412/marcos-rojo-comes-in-from-the-cold-to-impress-for-manchester-united

Article on Rojo here about how impressive his recent performances have been. He looked nailed on for the time being anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15115/10053412/marcos-rojo-comes-in-from-the-cold-to-impress-for-manchester-united

Article on Rojo here about how impressive his recent performances have been. He looked nailed on for the time being anyway.

Hmmm, I could double down on ManU defence, De Gea & Rojo could yield great results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »

begovic has been a real differential for me since I signed him as well!!!! all the other teams keepers keep getting points and he doesn't !
    by the time Chelsea kick into gear what's the beta courtois will be back.....bye bye bego you won't be missed
    I took great pleasure hitting the confirm button

rate my team is telling me to captain Sanchez vc KDB
    and bench ighalo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    begovic has been a real differential for me since I signed him as well!!!! all the other teams keepers keep getting points and he doesn't !
    by the time Chelsea kick into gear what's the beta courtois will be back.....bye bye bego you won't be missed
    I took great pleasure hitting the confirm button

Yeah him and Chelsea are frustrating, I've had more troubles in defence so glad of someone guaranteed 90 minutes (and Chelsea have to turn it around sometime-which I've been saying all season :confused: )

If I have no other pending transfers the week they're playing Spurs I might sell up but next few fixtures do make it tempting to hold on;
    Stoke
    Norwich
    Spurs
    Bournemouth
    Leicester
    Sunderland
    Watford

By then Courtois should be fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Howard -> De Gea
    Eriksen -> Mahrez

The first just seems like sense. The second just means that Vardy scores a hat trick while Mahrez sits on the bench.

Davies and Jarvis are still issues. Bony will become one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

spock. wrote: »
    Bellerin's injury means I'm playing Dawson this week.
    It's weird how comfortable I am with playing a WBA defender at old trafford...

With Bellerin injured, I might have a WB goalkeeper and defender! I think I might ship out Davies and get in a different defender. No idea who, though.

• Advertisement

With Bellerin injured, I might have a WB goalkeeper and defender! I think I might ship out Davies and get in a different defender. No idea who, though.

a lot of the lads around me will playing one or 2 wba defenders
    I'll be playing a united one
    I've an awful feeling I'm gonna get pulised

km79 wrote:

I'm playing Smalling and Dawson.
    A Pulis style 0-0 would be great.

I can't understand the long odds on west brom keeping a clean sheet ........I gear a nil all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As stated earlier in the week I think its too early to see Rojo as first choice lb and is a risky transfer. Another thing is that rojo is in the argentina squad for games against brazil and colombia KO early wed 18 nov morning. Utd then play watford the early game in gw 13 sat nov 21 away to watford. Id be spending the extra million on smalling if going for a utd def. You will probably get bankable price rises and can downgrade to rojo if he keeps his place for another few weeks.

km79 wrote: »

I think I might just bank it and think about who to pick after studying this weekends football. I'd like a Watford defender for when they are at home, but they're away this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My team (0.1 ITB, 1 FT):

Gomes - Guzan

van Dijk - Cawson - Bellern - Zabaleta - Martin

Sanchez - de Bruyne - Mahrez - Payet - Ayew

Pelle - Lukaku - Berahino

I could play AOA, bank the transfer and go with no subs.
    Or, make a defensive transfer and bench Berahino. Possible transfers are Zabaleta to Rojo/Moreno/Simpson, or Martin to Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Maybe Stones instead of Rojo as the main transfer this GW? Everton fixture rivets my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

kolczastyy wrote: »
    Maybe Stones instead of Rojo as a main transfer this GM? Everton fixture rivets my attention.

Everton have the fixtures but I'm not convinced by that defence, especially with Jagielka out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just brought Smalling in for Dier. I now only have 2.2 in the bank, so giving myself a big headache when Aguero gets fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Just brought Smalling in for Dier. I now only have 2.2 in the bank, so giving myself a big headache when Aguero gets fit again.

I actually only have like 1.6m in the bank but I'm not worried. Two transfers and it's sorted - and that's presuming Mr Sergio comes back with a bang.

Bar that one week and his 25 points, he did nothing all season so I wouldn't be worrying about rushing out to buy him straight away - and certainly not when we have a slew of cheap to medium priced strikers scoring away.

• Advertisement

Anyone thinking of starting Bellerin? Wenger could be at his old tricks again and I wouldn't mind a nice differential if it did happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone thinking of starting Bellerin? Wenger could be at his old tricks again and I wouldn't mind a nice differential if it did happen :)

Nope, if he starts, he wont play the full match or he comes on for 30 mins or less. I dont fancy that against Spurs who are defensively solid

hhmmm now I am
    don't fancy nyom to keep a xlwan shwet anyway so why not !
    might stick targett in too while I'm at it :D

I've kept Francis precisely for this week and now I'm thinking of taking a -4 to get rid of him...
    Need to go to bed.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Nope, if he starts, he wont play the full match or he comes on for 30 mins or less. I dont fancy that against Spurs who are defensively solid

I think it's usually good for defenders if they get subbed at a reasonable time. Increases the chances of them getting a clean sheet. I wouldn't say he'd be brought on at any stage either, with a fullback being an unusual position to switch. Having said that, Debuchy could be struggling with match fitness. Tough one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I don't think it will matter since I believe Bellerin is definitely out (can't remember a time Wenger said someone was and they made a miraculous recovery). But it's not worth the chance he starts and aggravates the injury or is a substitute and comes on for a cameo to shore up the match. It's not as if Spurs is a great fixture anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think I'll just go back to my original.plan of myhill to ddg. Jos is now fit and it looks like kolorav is nailed on to start this week. That gives me moreno kolorav and one of Richards or Jos.
    As stated earlier in the week I think its too early to see Rojo as first choice lb and is a risky transfer. Another thing is that rojo is in the argentina squad for games against brazil and colombia KO early wed 18 nov morning. Utd then play watford the early game in gw 13 sat nov 21 away to watford. Id be spending the extra million on smalling if going for a utd def. You will probably get bankable price rises and can downgrade to rojo if he keeps his place for another few weeks.

DDG really tempting me and to a lesser extent a utd. defender but I'm gonna resist and play Myhill (over Butland) and bank my FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Myhill Hennessey
    Bertie bellerin souare Evans kolarov

Is Evans/Souare to anyone worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Thinking of banking this week but Ighalo in for Murray is tempting, held off last week as I didn't want to take a hit and missed his haul. But I have a feeling Murray could do ok against Newcastle. Yay or nay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I've kept Francis precisely for this week and now I'm thinking of taking a -4 to get rid of him...
    Need to go to bed.

I'm starting Daniels ahead of Gabriel and Toby.
    Great minds.......

Advertisement