Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

All advice appreciated to fix this defensive mess....

1.8m in the bank

b74694ef256c65fcfd1d8cf95edd3f14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

1.8m in the bank

1 defensive transfer makes you fine. Probably a United player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

1.8m in the bank

Martin to Moreno

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Mata, what to do? Would anyone advise me on keeping him this week and banking the FT or go for Mane v Sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Mata, what to do? Would anyone advise me on keeping him this week and banking the FT or go for Mane v Sun?

looking at my front 8 mata seems the obvious one to bench but I just can't do it at home to west brom
    Sanchez mahrez kdb payet mata
    pelle vardy ighalo

?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

lougal88 wrote: »
    Hmmmm its a tough one isn't it?

I'm 50/50 on Mane really. He has so much raw potential but could easily blank. Hard to know what you'll get from Sunderland these days just.

My gut is telling me to bench Payet. I'm a massive fan and have had him for weeks, but as consistent as he is Mane and Mahrez have more double figure potential IMO.

Mane definitely has more double figure potential, unfortunately he also has more potential to return just 2 or 3 Pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Mane definitely has more double figure potential, unfortunately he also has more potential to return just 2 or 3 Pts.

Might just flip a coin lol. It's a real head scratcher.

Last week I nearly got laughed at when I suggested benching Payet and he did indeed blank. I love him as a player and even more as I've had him from the start but you don't pick up points every week.

I like an aul gamble so I'm going Mane!

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 2m2 minutes ago
    PELLEGRINI: “Silva's ankle is not 100%. I hope after these 15 days he will be OK. Clichy and Delph are back but maybe not ready to start."

Kolarov should be good for one more week then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I really want to do Howard -> De Gea and just cut my losses with that Everton defense before I get sucked back into the allure of their fixtures. I have exactly enough to do it.

I also need one of Mahrez or Vardy to appease the gods (and my mutinous team-mates :pac:) It'd be remiss of me to ditch Bony before he plays Villa. Big Rom is going nowhere and I'll not be cutting my ties with my Sexy Italian Stallion for a nother few weeks.

So we're down to Mahrez. I've got Sanchez and KdB who are probably bullet proof here, although Sanchez could be the risk takers gamble. But no. That leaves Eriksen (who I just bought last week), Ayew (with some plum fixtures and for who I have faith until he gets his 5th yellow or the fixtures end) and Jarvis (who's injured but only gets me 4.8 of these gold fantasy coins).

Not to mention Davies who I've no idea about or what'll happen with Rose but Papa (Souare) ain't been preaching recently due to a knock but should be fit again. I'd like a guaranteed 4th defender/actual sub if I got Mahrez though.

For Mahrez either Eriksen or Ayew goes and I'm leaning towards Eriksen as I got distracted by the shiny Villa game in the hope of a bonanza. I'll need to decide by nightfall or before dawn breaks. Thar be a full moon tonight (may or may not be true).

I have 2 FTs and I'm not against a -4 if it serves me well long term.

Howard to De Gea, has to pay off over the next few gw's. And yeah, you really should give in and get one of Mahrez or Vardy.
    Not sure I'd take a points hit, I'd probably wait until after the international matches are out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Evans Bertie Bellrin Moreno Souare

Sanchez Ozil Payet KDB Mahrez

Lukaku Vardy Bony

Who to bench from this lot?

Tepmted to do a defence -4 and sell Evans as o have Myhill already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Martin to Moreno

This is what I'd do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I went with Darmian to Moreno in the end. With Bellerin out I had to get in a defender I was comfortable starting tomorrow and a Watford guy didn't fit the bill.

dahat wrote: »

Lukaku Vardy Bony

I'd bench Souare, Bellerin, and Payet. Sanchez if you're feeling bold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

9honL4z.png

Thinking of banking this week. Have 4.0m ITB. What do people think?

Long term plan is to get rid of Begovic and Martial but not sure if this week is the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

patmac wrote: »
    Team is
    Czech, mccarthy,
    Alder, Kol, Bel, Naughton, Targett
    KDB, Payet, Sanchez, Mahrez, Westwood,
    Kane, Ayoze, Pelle
    2ft would like to keep one if possible, 3m in the bank.
    Hard to drop Kane after netting me 50 points in 2 weeks, help wanted
    Ended up doing Targett to Smalling in the end, sure you cant take it with you, going to reluctantly take the armband of Kane and give it to Mahrez to nullify the lack of Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Was all set on Saylor to Moreno to cover for Bellerin but I'm having second thoughts now and am strongly considering a United def. Have Souaré back fit but away to Klopp's 'Pool.

United next 2 are WB home & Watford away. Sound sbetter than 'Pool Palace home & City away. Then from GW14 onwards Moreno looks essential. So I may take a punt on Rojo this week.

I actually didn't realise United were the best defense in the league, well at least CS-wise (7 in 11 games, not bad! and better than City & Pulis!).

What do you guys think? Am I getting carried away by their last 3 CS in a row or are United def season keepers (à la Chelsea/Saints last year)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »

Lukaku Vardy Bony

Have you still got your AOA?
    Otherwise I'd benck Bony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Team at the moment

Schmeichel (Myhill)

Kolorov Cédric Williams (Francis / Dann )

Sánchez KDB Barkley Mahrez Payet

Vardy (c) Pelle (Wilson)

Have 2 FT this GW. Main aim is to get rid of Kolorov. Any recommended replacements.

Also on my other transfer do i go
    Barkley > Ozil or
    Pelle > Lukaku (both have nice fixtures coming?

Taughts? 1.9mill in bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Zouma to Bertrand now done to avoid the drop in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Team at the moment

Schmeichel (Myhill)

Kolorov Cédric Williams (Francis / Dann )

Sánchez KDB Barkley Mahrez Payet

Vardy (c) Pelle (Wilson)

Have 2 FT this GW. Main aim is to get rid of Kolorov. Any recommended replacements.

Also on my other transfer do i go
    Barkley > Ozil or
    Pelle > Lukaku (both have nice fixtures coming?

Taughts? 1.9mill in bank?

Kolarov replacement depends on whether you want to keep the money banked, or spend it. If you don't mind spending a little bit, the could go for Kompany. If you wanted to bank some further money, you could go for Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

iroced wrote: »
    Was all set on Saylor to Moreno to cover for Bellerin but I'm having second thoughts now and am strongly considering a United def. Have Souaré back fit but away to Klopp's 'Pool.

United next 2 are WB home & Watford away. Sound sbetter than 'Pool Palace home & City away. Then from GW14 onwards Moreno looks essential. So I may take a punt on Rojo this week.

I actually didn't realise United were the best defense in the league, well at least CS-wise (7 in 11 games, not bad! and better than City & Pulis!).

What do you guys think? Am I getting carried away by their last 3 CS in a row or are United def season keepers (à la Chelsea/Saints last year)?

Similar quandary. Was all set to do Darmian -> Moreno but now thinking Man U defender cover is near essential. Smalling is too expensive and need to keep funds freed up. So thinking was thinking Rojo as well. Is he nailed on though? LVG rotation is wrecking my head!:mad: .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

@Dubliner28

Wilson to Lukaku and AOA?
    Kolarov transfer is premature imo.
    I would carry a transfer forward as well.

Invincible wrote: »
    Have you still got your AOA?
    Otherwise I'd benck Bony.

No I don't, Bony was furthest from my mind tbh as he is quite a differential in my league.

I'm sitting between Payet/Lukaku ATM.

I'd bench Souare, Bellerin, and Payet. Sanchez if you're feeling bold

Sanchez is the brave choice but his stats are still holding up so I'm not sure I'm that brave really.

Payet is sitting on the bench all week as he was my gut but as per usual the Friday wobbles kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

looks like kolarov is starting anyway so at least I'll have 3 defenders once I transfer darmian or targett out
    all week I've been planning on getting begovic out
    just like last week........but its for a -4 and I just don't know now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    looks like kolarov is starting anyway so at least I'll have 3 defenders once I transfer darmian or targett out
    all week I've been planning on getting begovic out
    just like last week........but its for a -4 and I just don't know now.........

Stoke aren't firing at all. Haven't scored in ladt 2 games. Keeping him one more week isn't the worst move imo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have 2FT's & 4.9m ITB

Myhill, De Gea

Nyom, Francis, Kolarov, Bellerin, Van Dijk

De Bruyne, Sanchez, Mahrez, Hoolahan, Payet

Ighalo, Pelle, Vardy

I've been indecisive all week, changing some of my bench fodder is the best I could come up with!! Anyone any suggestions? I'm not interested in going strong front 8 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Ship out Francis? Bournemouth defenders don't look a viable option for the forseeable future.

You could spend a bit to get Evans for West Brom cover since you probably play De Gea most weeks.

Save a bit on Ward, Kelly, Ake, Jones or some other 4.4 defender.

Go cheap and get Simpson at 4.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Myhill Lindegard
    Bellerin Evans Kolorov Nyom van Dijk
    Sanchez Da Bryne Paet Mane Marhez
    Ighalo Martial Vardy

Defo want some United cover at the back And can do Evans too Rojo. Also if I dump Lindegard & Kolorov I can get De Gea and Moreno but then I've no City coverage
    I've 2ft's and .9 ITB

Any help lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aenaes wrote: »
    Ship out Francis? Bournemouth defenders don't look a viable option for the forseeable future.

You could spend a bit to get Evans for West Brom cover since you probably play De Gea most weeks.

Save a bit on Ward, Kelly, Ake, Jones or some other 4.4 defender.

Go cheap and get Simpson at 4.0.

Himself & Hoolahan are definitely on the list of players to get rid of but I'll only spend 1 FT this week and keep 2 FT's for the International Break.

I think I'll get rid of Francis first, Hoolahan is close to a price drop but I wont lose anything so I dont have to panic with him yet.

Myhill is my no.1 but i think Myhill is enough WBA cover for me at the moment, I dont see WBA keeping a clean sheet until at least GW17 or so. De Gea has more favorable fixtures and will be picked for the for the next few weeks.

Having simpson means I have 3 leicester players, I rather not have that much dependency on Leicester despite their form.

I will look at the others mentioned, some good shouts there, especially Joel Ward! Thanks!

Advertisement