Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Darmian suspended targett not playing and bellerin possibly out (not to mention kolarov possibly rotated ) means a definitive transfer is a must BUT I also have got to get rid of Begovic
    4 point hit
    I don't care it will pay back over ye next few weeks
    I'll always have another trbafser to make and he is poo

spock. wrote: »
    Do it.
    I'm considering doing this move for a hit but probably won't.

If you seen the goal he just cost Chelsea you will

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

0.1 ITB, and my defence is:

Bellerin - van Dijk - Cawson - Zabaleta - Martin

I wanted to do Martin to Moreno but I'm 0.1 short for that, so I'm thinking my options are Martin to Simpson, or Zabaleta to Moreno. Leaning towards hanging onto Zabaleta as he is due back after the international break, and Simpson gives me that cheap sub defender that's always handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Think I'll bring in Rojo for Naughton. United being boring and with good fixtures, hoping there'll be more clean sheets.

just checked willians fixtures
    wowsers!
    I have found my mata replacement after next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    0.1 ITB, and my defence is:

Bellerin - van Dijk - Cawson - Zabaleta - Martin

I wanted to do Martin to Moreno but I'm 0.1 short for that, so I'm thinking my options are Martin to Simpson, or Zabaleta to Moreno. Leaning towards hanging onto Zabaleta as he is due back after the international break, and Simpson gives me that cheap sub defender that's always handy.

Get rid of Zabaleta. He'll just rotate with Sagna even when fit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Get rid of Zabaleta. He'll just rotate with Sagna even when fit

Yeah, possibly the wisest move. I think I'm just trying to justifying a poor transfer by hanging onto him, when I really should accept the error and move him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sticking with my planned Evans -> Moreno move presuming he gets through tomorrow unscathed. I'll leave Myhill in goal but want no part of double WBA at the back between now and GW17. After that it's all systems go for Pulis Ball again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Costa to Lukaku was already done.
    Completed a -4 with
    Darmian to Berty
    Richards to Simpson

Happy with team now:

DDG, McCarthy
    Kolarov, Bellerin, Berty, Simpson, Targett
    Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Mané, Mahrez
    Lukaku, Vardy, Ighalo
    4.6m Itb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Moreno or Bertrand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Paully D wrote: »
    Sticking with my planned Evans -> Moreno move presuming he gets through tomorrow unscathed. I'll leave Myhill in goal but want no part of double WBA at the back between now and GW17. After that it's all systems go for Pulis Ball again.

Ye looking at similar move and train of thought. Just need decide to bring moreno or van dijk leaning toward the latter and getting moreno in next week instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

With City's recent inability to keep clean sheets I'm thinking of doing Kolarov to Smalling. Four straight clean sheets for United in all competitions, and a good run of fixtures. The only thing stopping me is that it feels like I'm really eating into my Aguero budget, having done Martial to Kane last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Bertrand or Rojo?

5.5m to spend.
    Cant affford Mike Smalling or VVD.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Bertrand or Rojo?

5.5m to spend.
    Cant affford Mike Smalling or VVD.
    having the same dilemma
    I want rojo but who ever I get in absolutely has to start this weekend as I may only have 2 as it is !
    so I'll wait till Friday night and see if rojo is at the team hotel or if he may be in the "red zone" !

km79 wrote: »
    having the same dilemma
    I want rojo but who ever I get in absolutely has to start this weekend as I may only have 2 as it is !
    so I'll wait till Friday night and see if rojo is at the team hotel or if he may be in the "red zone" !

Yeah well don't think any of them have an imminent rise either so wait until tomorrow night/Sat morning.

I'm leaning towards Berty anyway as I feel like I "jinx" Utd players at times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rodgeb

Martial out.

I already have Vardy and BUIB.
    Who to pick from Giroud, Kane, Lukaku or Bentekers??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Prodl to Moreno.

Not a very exciting transfer but needed an extra playing defender with Bellerin/Kolarov being unpredictible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rodgeb wrote: »
    Martial out.

Lukaku I think. Walcott should be back after Int break so will rotate with Giroud. Benteke and Kane playing tonight so could get injured or rotated as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There I'd no way I'd be considering rojo yet. Blind could be moved to lb or Ashley young. Ddg and smalling are the only 2 defensive players I'd consider as lvg constantly chops and changes the rest. Blind would be a very good option if classed as a Def.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I've decided to get a Watford defender in for Darmian (I had thought of Simpson but that would leave me with 3 leicester). Who's the best option? Aké, Cathcart or Nyom?

My Defence is Butland (McCarthy), Bellerin, Kolarov, VanDijk, Richards, Darmian....

I am swaying towards Aké for price and attacking potential but how secure is his place?

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I've decided to get a Watford defender in for Darmian (I had thought of Simpson but that would leave me with 3 leicester). Who's the best option? Aké, Cathcart or Nyom?

My Defence is Butland (McCarthy), Bellerin, Kolarov, VanDijk, Richards, Darmian....

I am swaying towards Aké for price and attacking potential but how secure is his place?

I'd go Ake. Cathcart may be dropped since Flores says he has 3 really good centrebacks (Britos and Prodl) and Nyom is on 4 yellows

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Rodgeb wrote: »
    Martial out.

I'd go for Lukaku of those. He's got the fixtures and the form.

There I'd no way I'd be considering rojo yet. Blind could be moved to lb or Ashley young. Ddg and smalling are the only 2 defensive players I'd consider as lvg constantly chops and changes the rest. Blind would be a very good option if classed as a Def.

Thanks for making up my mind for me Busts! Evans -> Bertie it is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

lougal88 wrote: »
    Thanks for making up my mind for me Busts! Evans -> Bertie it is

If rojo plays the next 5 or 6 league game's I think we could say he is first choice lb but for now you are much safer going with bertie imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

menoscemo wrote: »

Ake looks to have made the position his own now, and don't see him losing it any time soon. Holebas played there on the opening day and was terrible, then Anya had a go too, Anya being there messed the balance and I think Flores was waiting until he knew he could trust Ake, which he can now!

I'd go Ake. Cathcart may be dropped since Flores says he has 3 really good centrebacks (Britos and Prodl) and Nyom is on 4 yellows
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Ake looks to have made the position his own now, and don't see him losing it any time soon. Holebas played there on the opening day and was terrible, then Anya had a go too, Anya being there messed the balance and I think Flores was waiting until he knew he could trust Ake, which he can now!

Cheers guys. As I said that was who I was thinking of myself, nice to have the positive reinforcement. Damian to Ake it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Watch for Watford's upcoming fixtures lads.

lei, MUN, avl, NOR, sun, LIV, che, TOT, MCI, sou, swa are their next 11 games.

Leicester have scored in every game this season, United fair enough but they still have a lot of quality, Villa will have a new manager and you'd expect them to score at home to Watford, Norwich have scored in all but 2 games this season including at Anfield and Manchester City, and it's tough to see any clean sheets against Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, City, or Southampton away.

They've been a cracking budget option, but I wouldn't expect much until mid-January now.

Leicester have scored in every game this season, United fair enough but they still have a lot of quality, Villa will have a new manager and you'd expect them to score at home to Watford, Norwich have scored in all but 2 games this season including at Anfield and Manchester City, and it's tough to see any clean sheets against Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, City, or Southampton away.

They've been a cracking budget option, but I wouldn't expect much until mid-January now.

I went Moreno over a Watford defender last week because of this, but I wouldn't mind starting one the next four matches after Leicester. I could see two cleanies or so

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

km79 wrote: »
    Darmian suspended targett not playing and bellerin possibly out (not to mention kolarov possibly rotated ) means a definitive transfer is a must BUT I also have got to get rid of Begovic
    4 point hit
    I don't care it will pay back over ye next few weeks
    I'll always have another trbafser to make and he is poo

I have the same back line as you and ward is my other.
    Not sure what to do yet Bertrand is on my radar, but to replace who is the question.
    I wanted to keep Bellerin for season. I wanted to keep Darmian short term. Dunno what to do....

• Advertisement

I agree but I'll be using my Watford defender mainly as bench fodder/injury insurance given that I have 3 premium defenders (Bellerin, Kolarov and VVD) so I just want a solid substitute and to free up some cash for Aguero coming back.

Advertisement