Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gameweek 12 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

shineon23 wrote: »

Am leaning towards Giroud as 5 goals in his last 260 mins of league football for a top 2 team is hard to ignore. Unless Wenger decides to drop him for Campbell :confused:

There's about a minus 200% chance of Wenger dropping Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

danganabu wrote: »
    There's about a minus 200% chance of Wenger dropping Giroud.

I thought the same about Walcott when he said Theo was first choice striker the day before the Everton game, then dropped him the next day.

I no longer trust Wenger :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Arsenal have a lot of injuries at the moment. Campbell is only playing cos they don't really have anyone else to play in that attacking midfield position unless they push Cazorla forward.

With Walcott injured, Giroud's place is definitely safe especially if he keeps scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Bony to Lukaku done.

Would really like Ozil in my team but would have to sacrifice Sanchez or Payet which I'm not willing to do just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

tom_k wrote: »
    Bony to Lukaku done.

Would really like Ozil in my team but would have to sacrifice Sanchez or Payet which I'm not willing to do just yet.

I hear you. Selling Sanchez may not be madness.
    But I'm not chasing so I won't bite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

For those of you fellow unfortunate souls that still own Martial, who are you bringing in or are you sticking by him?

Lukaku or Giroud are my favourites. If Kane puts up another big score I'll be tempted with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Alanhooly wrote: »
    For those of you fellow unfortunate souls that still own Martial, who are you bringing in or are you sticking by him?

Lukaku or Giroud are my favourites. If Kane puts up another big score I'll be tempted with him.

I did Lukaku to catch price rises and before martial dropped. Hope you did similar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I did Lukaku also, although Plan A had been Ighalo to save me money for Aguero. Plan A may turn out to have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hi all,

Time to reach out for help :o

Cech – Adrian

Bellers – Kompany – Toby Alder – Clyne – Huth

Mahrez – Payet – Barkley – KDB - Hoolahan

BUIB – Bony – Vardy

Have 2.6m in the bank

First season doing FPL and have to admit I wasted the first 5-6 weeks and have only really copped on to a more nuanced strategy in the last month or so.

Currently joint 3rd in my work league. It’s pretty poor quality compared to the standard here so I reckon if I get my sh1t together I should be able to dominate.

Had an ok Week 11 – Barkley assisting assists was very frustrating. A clean sheet and/or a double hat-trick from Toby would be nice though :cool:

Anyway – looking for some expert advice on where to go next, the options in my head at the minute are:

- Tempted to get rid of Bony for Lukaku/Kane, but might give him one last chance against Villa

- Or Barkley for Ozil (I think I can just about afford him)

- Or, conservative option, (because I fear one of Mahrez/KDB is due a rest soon) get rid of the invisible Hoolahan for someone like Fletcher/Morrison from WBA.

Cheers cm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

if I get no injuries this week Im going to do myhill to DDG. I want utd defensive coverage but I think smalling the only other one Id get has gone to expensive now. It leaves me without pulisball but Ill get cawson or evans when their fixtures ease. The way I see it 1 myhill and smalling with myhill eventually going to lose his place to foster or 2 DDG and wba def that I can rotate. The 2nd option is slightly cheaper and I can pick and choose when to play wba player.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Time to reach out for help :o

Cech – Adrian

Bellers – Kompany – Toby Alder – Clyne – Huth

Mahrez – Payet – Barkley – KDB - Hoolahan

BUIB – Bony – Vardy

Have 2.6m in the bank

First season doing FPL and have to admit I wasted the first 5-6 weeks and have only really copped on to a more nuanced strategy in the last month or so.

Currently joint 3rd in my work league. It’s pretty poor quality compared to the standard here so I reckon if I get my sh1t together I should be able to dominate.

Had an ok Week 11 – Barkley assisting assists was very frustrating. A clean sheet and/or a double hat-trick from Toby would be nice though :cool:

Anyway – looking for some expert advice on where to go next, the options in my head at the minute are:

- Tempted to get rid of Bony for Lukaku/Kane, but might give him one last chance against Villa

- Or Barkley for Ozil (I think I can just about afford him)

- Or, conservative option, (because I fear one of Mahrez/KDB is due a rest soon) get rid of the invisible Hoolahan for someone like Fletcher/Morrison from WBA.

Cheers cm
    Id hold this week and then make 3 transfers the following week. Id look at rebalancing your squad to get some money in the bank. Adrian to a 4 mil keeper. Clyne to moreno and bony to lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Yip, no need to prioritise getting Wes out. You've got plenty of cover in terms of players. 4 good defenders and 3 attackers mean you could take one of them being rested anyway.

As Busts pointed out, too much spent on 4th Def and sub keeper. Don't forgot about Aguero, he'll be back soon and you can have a strong team whilst also having money in the bank to get him back quickly if needed.

You could drop Clyne for Bertrand probably for a saving of 0.2.

Huth is a bit of a waste as Leicester don't seem like they'll be keeping any clean sheets. You can get Watfords Ake for the same price (4.4) or downgrade to Simpson (3.9) to make a saving.

Adrian is too expensive especially if you're almost exclusive selecting Cech every gameweek. There's not too many reliable 4.5 goalkeepers since Butland and Gomes rose in price. Ruddy, Guzan and Schmeichel all concede too often. Elliot at 4.0 even when fit isn't worth it as I feel Newcastle are too much of a liability and you would probably never feel comfortable rotating him in.
    Hennessey at 3.9 is the pick of the bunch since he's a good keeper with a decent side in front of him allowing him to score points most weeks and he's the cheapest so he makes a nice chunk of cash available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So having taken Vardy out in GW6 as I didn't think he'd keep up the form that has seen him as an absolute necessity, I want to get him back in for the WAT game this weekend as he'll want to beat Van Nistelrooys record (Watch him blank if I transfer him in)

Who to get rid of though? Choice of Bony, Pelle or Lukaku or do I bank the FT and have 2 after the international break?

Do help! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

hogey143 wrote:
    So having taken Vardy out in GW6 as I didn't think he'd keep up the form that has seen him as an absolute necessity, I want to get him back in for the WAT game this weekend as he'll want to beat Van Nistelrooys record (Watch him blank if I transfer him in)

Who to get rid of though? Choice of Bony, Pelle or Lukaku or do I bank the FT and have 2 after the international break?

Bony out of those 3. Banking is an option aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

hogey143 wrote: »

Bony for sure out of those three. I'm not sure if the transfer is a complete necessity however.

Are people starting to reserve a bit of cash for Aguero now that he'll be back soon? I'm thinking of doing Berahino to Kone or Ighalo, but could also get in Lukaku easily. That may cost a (-4) later on though. Kone should be playing a good bit now that he's got himself a hat trick and is the fifth in highest points scored this year for a forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Considering just going Darmian to Rojo. I'm gonna stay clear of Lukaku and hope he doesn't murder me. Bony, Pelle and Vardy seems fine for me until Aguero shows signs of returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking to get rid of either Darmian or Zouma and Mata this week. Thinking of going back to Mahrez for Mata and Smalling for Darmian (Soares, Nyom and Sagna other defenders) but open to alternatives...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thanks spock & Darragh.

Thinking Bony is the best option to drop but then 2 FT seems far more appealing especially after the uncertainty of what'll happen after international duty.

hogey143 wrote: »
    Thanks spock & Darragh.

Thinking Bony is the best option to drop but then 2 FT seems far more appealing especially after the uncertainty of what'll happen after international duty.

I'd bank I'd prefer bonys fixture this week. He will need to be shifted the week after as aguero is on the comeback but you will have another week of data to base your decision on. If you only got in bony last week you need to remember why you did it's because of the 2 fixtures Norwich and villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Any advice on this team? Any changes I should be making?

Cech-McCarthy
    Bellerin-Naughton-Sagna-Evans-Hangeland
    Mahrez-Mane-Payet-Sanchez-KdB
    Pelle-Vardy-Lukaku

Defence prob needs sorting at some stage.

0.6m itb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers for the tips lads -

Will sit tight with what I have this week I think and make some changes after that.

The €100 All-For-One voucher will be all mine in May :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

A very straight forward and boring transfer of Richards to Simpson is hopefully all I'll be doing this week.
    Frees up an extra .6m towards getting Aguero back in a couple of weeks

lougal88 wrote: »
    Any advice on this team? Any changes I should be making?

Looks good. I'd say get rid of Naughton but his next two fixtures are Norwich and Bournemouth.

You're probably better off saving it so you have two transfers after the international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd bank I'd prefer bonys fixture this week. He will need to be shifted the week after as aguero is on the comeback but you will have another week of data to base your decision on. If you only got in bony last week you need to remember why you did it's because of the 2 fixtures Norwich and villa.

So you're saying that I shouldn't sell Bony for Vardy either? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I went to Vardy, I would have gone to Lukaku but I need to save money for the upcoming get-Aguero-back-in week.

So you're saying that I shouldn't sell Bony for Vardy either? :pac:

Ha ha what's your front 8

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ha ha what's your front 8

Sanchez, Ayew, KdB, Eriksen (Jarvis)
    Pelle, Lukaku, Bony

I've no interest in a strong 8 but Jarvis got injured on Saturday I think but I'd be looking to downgrade him to Mulumbu at some stage if I had the chance rather than anything else.

Sanchez, Ayew, KdB, Eriksen (Jarvis)
    Pelle, Lukaku, Bony

I've no interest in a strong 8 but Jarvis got injured on Saturday I think but I'd be looking to downgrade him to Mulumbu at some stage if I had the chance rather than anything else.

Jarvis to mahrez aoa and then ayew to mulumbu after ayews next 2 games. I think you were unlucky with what happened at the weekend I'd have expected bony to outscore vardy . I have ayew myself I know he has been picking up points but haven't been impressed with him or Swansea since the utd game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Anyone owning hazard or im the only one left..??Need help...

Advertisement