Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Real shame Mark's in the final, not a fan. Good for Scott though, he's stepping it up bigtime when he has to.

So what's that - 5 in the final. Get rid of two in the first round or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

According to the RTE Guide...

One leaves Tuesday.
    One leaves Wednesday.
    Final three cook off Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I think Dean was very unlucky to be in the first semi final with Mark - if he was in Wednesday's one I think he would have gone through. It would have been a tough call in Thursday's one though. I really liked him nonetheless, and he'll do well anyway. They all will really; it's a great showcase!

Mark got a round of applause going out so he's safe.

Nick and Danilo look dodgy, unless Scott screws up, Danilo is on the way home.

EDIT: OK, so nobody left this evening, apart from the other Mark, but Danilo looks dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Just watching it on replay

Mark 1 is gone and they are serving the top chefs... starter coming out- i think Nick has put himself in trouble

• Advertisement

My favourite Danilo is next up - seems under a lot of pressure

Everything is wrong with Danilo's dish - sad

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As per usual, playing late catch-up, and posting without having read comments....

Completely O/T - but I was away on a boat with 10 people during the year - and I swear to God that two of them (or at least their doppelgangers) are in this series - it's starting to slightly freak me out now :eek:

But back to the programme.... the scraps test - euwwwww! My biggest nightmare no matter which side of that kitchen I was on, cooking OR tasting!

Nick and Mark both cockily confident despite their modest words - feck off, the pair of ye!

Thought Danilo was in danger there for a minute - phew!!!

Right, on with the proper cooking now. Chef's Table. Yee-haw!

I am a bit ahead of you - so don't want to spoil it - but watching Mark 2 serving his pork dish
    Really impressive - he is way ahead on points

keps wrote: »
    I am a bit ahead of you - so don't want to spoil it - but watching Mark 2 serving his pork dish
    Really impressive - he is way ahead on points
    Ah feck :mad:

Please don't spoil! I can just not resist clicking on when I see new posts, I'm my own worst enemy!

• Advertisement

i just love Scott's cockney accent!

He really reminds me of Natalie who won this a few years back, wonder what ever became of her! (was she the professionals or an "ordinary" contestant???)

Awww jeez..... those pigs heads :eek:

More O/T......

Gawd, Andrew Fairlie is gorgeous! :D

Oh Danilo.... :(

Oh! So nobody went home..... wasn't expecting that!

Scott is turning into my new favourite, he can really turn it on when he needs to.

Mark - well, as much as it pains me to say it, the boy done well.

The other three - better be watching their backs - and up their game bigtime tomorrow!

Hoping to be watching "live" tomorrow - see y'all then!

(speaking of y'all, where's Snoopy these days?? and there were loads of others posting-while-watching - are you ALL at Christmas parties tonight??)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Mark looks the guy to beat. He's like Iceman, no nerves.

I don't like the look of tomorrow night's show. I hate these pretentious restaurants where there's a load of flowers on the plate, things put on with tweezers. There's fine dining and then there's just being pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Oh Mark. What we're you thinking! !!

Tomato salad? Looked great, but Christ it was simple. Didn't that woman Joey go out because she served a salad with no real cooking involved.

Danilo looks dodgy.

I'm a bit behind, Mark is looking like he's going to cry :D

He looks shocked at the comments.

Danilo gone. Dodgy decision seeing as Mark didn't cook. But Mark was a good bit better than him the past couple of nights.

Danilo peaked too early. The ambassador will be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

This restaurant is way too poncy for me!!

Oooh, Mark is so ANNOYING!

"It's taken a lot of time to get here, a lot of hard work" - like they owe him a place in the next round, or something.

Yes, Mark, they've all worked hard, just like you. They're just not as smug about it.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

God that is so intimidating with all the chefs staring at them!

I shudder to think what people pay in that restaurant for a plate/bowl/plantpot of salad leaves (ok, there's 41 varieties of them) in that restaurant.

There are some Michelin starred restaurants I'd love to try out, but if that's his "thing", then I'm happy to give it a miss!

Thought it was sad/ironic that the one Italian in the competition was knocked out in the round before going to Italy - poor Danilo :mad:

Oof, dunno about that green plate with all the green stuff on it, brought to mind Kermit the Frog!

And what to say about the pink risotto :eek:

Mark just looks like he's going to burst into tears the whole time.

There's not a lot of cooking in it, or did I miss something?

It seems to be mostly plating up.

Marcus & Co are a bit annoying, if they got a beef and sauce as minimalist as that in the competition they'd send them home sharpish.

What's with the cutting off (and presumably discarding) all the lovely seared outside bits of steaks/duck breasts/etc :confused:

I'd love to get a doggie bag of the offcuts from that restaurant!

Agree with poster above - mostly plating, and arty-farty arranging... and them all fawning over it.... hmmmmm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I shudder to think what people pay in that restaurant for a plate/bowl/plantpot of salad leaves (ok, there's 41 varieties of them) in that restaurant.

€45 for the salad apparently. Looked more suitable for lining the rabbit hutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

€45 for the salad apparently. Looked more suitable for lining the rabbit hutch.
    A bit harsh: it would have passed muster as table decoration.

• Advertisement

Nick 2.5/3, his main wasn't the best. Dessert exceptional.

Mark 2.7/3 He took his starter from the Italian guy. Main wasn't the full monty. Big praise from Marcus.

Scott 2.5/3 Good starter. Odd main. Great dessert.

Love them or hate them they were three exceptional cooks and were all deserved finalists.

Of all the three I'd go to Scott's restaurant first. I just like the guy.

Advertisement