Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Red Kev wrote: »

Eh.. 'Gentlemens relish' is now slang for semen. Christ above.
    :eek:

It is???

:eek:

That was.... well, a tad less successful than last night's, to say the least!

My three favourites from that round got through, couldn't warm to Bobby for some reason, he just seems a bit odd and arrogant. And although Gavin was a lovely fella, he was just a bit....safe.

Now that my original favourite, Joey, is gone, Danilo is top of my list.

Bah, came home from (yet another) night out, plonked on the couch and fired up the Sky box - only to find that there was no MC tonight :mad:

Swizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Bah, came home from (yet another) night out, plonked on the couch and fired up the Sky box - only to find that there was no MC tonight :mad:

Swizz!

Masterchef is never on TV on a Friday.... too much wine perhaps:)

keps wrote: »
    Masterchef is never on TV on a Friday.... too much wine perhaps:)

Oh.

Could have sworn it was......

Whoever was slagging me about my social life - now see what it does to me?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Marcus's racism coming to the fore. Bobby produced the three best dishes on the show but it wasn't enough. Was only a matter of time. I'm done watching this show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I kind of gave up last week, when they had to cook for the law society and the cricket people

Oh - I'll keep watching it to the end it now - though the show does seem horribly elitist (law society and Lords Cricket Club) and sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Well, those last few posts came out of nowhere? What gives?

Well, those last few posts came out of nowhere? What gives?
    Was just coming on to post something similar!

The series has always done stunts like that - it's nothing even nearly new.... what's wrong with a few barristers and cricketers???

The series has always done stunts like that - it's nothing even nearly new.... what's wrong with a few barristers and cricketers???

Why not cook for teachers or nurses?

Maybe they wouldn't be good judges of fine dining?

• Advertisement

Why not cook for teachers or nurses?

Maybe they wouldn't be good judges of fine dining?
    Sure why not drag a few randomers in off the street altogether, and be done with it?

The show is pitched at a certain level, doesn't mean anyone else isn't worthy of it!

And it's always been so, what's changed to offend (some) viewers this series :confused:

Blurb from the Guardian for tonight's programme

MasterChef: The Professionals
    8pm, BBC2

It’s very much a case of poacher turned gamekeeper as the first two semi-finalists battle for a spot in the last round. Anton Piotrowski, joint winner of this very show in 2012, now runs the Michelin-starred Treby Arms in Sparkwell, Devon. He’s in charge as the two 2015 wannabes take on a signature dish each for a bustling lunch service. Having also attempted the pigeon wellington that helped Piotrowski win three years ago, they return to MasterChef HQ to make Monica Galetti and Marcus Wareing a main course and dessert. Jack Seale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I read he got a star actually, I suppose it was inevitable he'd be on the show again at some point. Not that that's a bad thing, I quite liked him.

Houston - we have a problem... Masterchef is bring relayed from outer space:eek:

Houston - we have a problem... Masterchef is bring relayed from outer space:eek:

And Gregg Wallace has been replaced by Dara O Briain:eek::eek:

I know I heard one of the contestants saying he'd be 'over the moon' if he qualified for the Semi Finals - but this is going a bit far:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I know I heard one of the contestants saying he'd be 'over the moon' if he qualified for the Semi Finals - but this is going a bit far:D

ah it's on now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The guy on the right in the spaceship looks a bit like Greggg.

The funny thing was it was Mike Gatting. The epitome of the hard drinking, womanising, hell raising, tough as nails, pie & chips man. Just a bit odd watching him judge fine dining.

Mark ( nice Mark) and Dean in the ring

I miss Michel Roux jnr

• Advertisement

Heidi Heidi would love that-- 'Let's crack on with the service':pac::pac:

Wonder how much that Scallop dish costs??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Me too.

Missed the restaurant, where/what is it called?

Stheno wrote: »
    Me too.

Missed the restaurant, where/what is it called?

It's The Trelby Arms - owned/run by former masterchef winner

His prices are quite reasonable - just checked= dearest starter £13- and main £25

It's The Trelby Arms - owned/run by former masterchef winner

His prices are quite reasonable - just checked= dearest starter £13- and main £25

Just looked it up myself, too :)

He seems a genuinely decent chap too!

£70 for a taster menu. I'll be in Bristol & Bath in February so we might head there.

The fact that he has a beer with his lunch makes him someone after my own heart.

I think Dean won that round on points

Red Kev wrote: »
    £70 for a taster menu. I'll be in Bristol & Bath in February so we might head there.

The fact that he has a beer with his lunch makes him someone after my own heart.

Wondered if it was a cider??

Wondered if it was a cider??

Could be. I don't drink wine, beer or cider with dinner for me. It's funny how many high end restaurants don't sell beer, of so it's usually plss like Corona or Peroni.

Beer and Cider have far more varieties and tastes than wine. Way better suited to a meal IMO.

• Advertisement

Two great ' menus' from the lads

Advertisement