Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Too many carrots for me on Dean's main:):)

Mark to go through

Mark's food looks sublime!

It's not a tough job at all Marcus

Mark sails through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

keps wrote: »
    Mark's food looks sublime!

It looks gorgeous, would love that right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Once again playing late catch-up while trying to read the comments as I go along.... gets very confusing at times!

Don't remember this chef fella at all, must have missed that series. He's fierce fond of that blowtorch!

"Crack on's" - 2 or 3 and counting and I'm only about 10 minutes into the programme! - grrrrrrrrr :mad:

Hmmm - goat! We were offered goat in Ethiopia, but I'm afraid I declined..... some of the others tasted it and said it was grand.

It'd be hard to know as the customer what's food and what's decoration on that scallop dish! I'm the epitome of an anti-fan of seafood, but even I'd be tempted to give that a go, it sounds and looks gorgeous.

Re the replicated signature dish - I'd love if they'd tell us what sort of instruction they got - did they see it? taste it? get a printed recipe? get shown a picture? get given a title/description and make it up as they went along?

Awww, Anton seeems like a genuinely lovely guy.

LOVE the sound of Dean's duck main..... and whoever said there's too may carrots, you can never have too many carrots in my book, especially if they're really nicely cooked!

Ah Marcus - stop winding poor Mark up about the MASTERCHEF FINALS :pac:

Jayz, if there were too many carrots in Dean's dish, there's an awful lot of squid in Mark's - yuck :eek:

Duelling pannacottas :D

Gawd, Mark looked like he might have a heart attack after that!! Can't believe he trimmed off all those lovely crispy bits off the edge of the duck breast...

And there was no mention of the wobble in his pannacotta, as they banged on about sooo much in earlier rounds? Looked fairly solid to me....

Both chefs turned out fairly tecnicoloured plates of food!

This is a very hard one to call......

Does Mark get deducted virtual points for galloping off to a freezer after the finish gun had gone :confused:

Hmph - clearly not!

However, I believe I posted during his very first round that Mark had the look of a winner (ok, he's only a finalist, but still) about him.

Delighted for him - his is the menu I'd have picked, despite its fishiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Re the replicated signature dish - I'd love if they'd tell us what sort of instruction they got - did they see it? taste it? get a printed recipe? get shown a picture? get given a title/description and make it up as they went along?

There was a very brief shot of one of them looking at a printed recipe, there seemed to be a few pages in it.

It's been done before with some other chefs where they get to cook a signature and they tend to plate up differently. Last night the plating up was very similar so I presume they remember the plate from Masterchef, or they were told where they were going and spent a while on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If Mark from last night wins this, I think he'll actually break down crying. He looked on the verge of tears when he got through last night. Feel sorry for Dean in a way, he really wasn't all that far off - and we've seen dishes with more mistake get through to finals over the years.

• Advertisement

Mmmm, lamb and carrots..... mmmmmm!

Can't abide that Nick fella though.

Plenty of carrots tonight Heidiheidi

Plenty of carrots tonight Heidiheidi
    :)

That ain't the first time that fella's packed a soufflé dish :D

That looks GAWJUS.

That dessert for Danielo's star dish looks incredible, and I'm not a dessert man. Actually, the fish dish does too.

Gawd, I'm stressing out here on Darren's behalf :eek:

Darren and Danilo under big pressure here. Darren shaking like a leaf.

11 on order :eek::eek:

He's being fairly scorpy with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Head chef is polar opposite of last night's guy. But maybe the contestants are worse too. Seems like such an awful environment, I'll stick to the day job myself I think!

Jesus. This chef compared to Anton, f*cking hell. Some hardass.

• Advertisement

Jesus. This chef compared to Anton, f*cking hell. Some hardass.
    I always thought of him as a teddy-bear - maybe I'm thinking of the wrong man, but I certainly wasn't expecting this!

I suspect those poor contestants weren't either :D

I always thought of him as a teddy-bear - maybe I'm thinking of the wrong man, but I certainly wasn't expecting this!

Jocky Petrie, perhaps?

Jocky Petrie, perhaps?
    Never even heard of him!

Who's the big enormous giant baldy fella? Really softly spoken?

Definitely always thought this fella was a model of good manners and patience, I'm really surprised at tonight's performance!

Tom Kerridge?

1412723623931_wps_3_Tom_Kerridge_chef_free_pi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm way behind, bit I really want nick to leave. Ive an unreal hatred of him

Tom Kerridge?

That's the man!
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I'm way behind, bit I really want nick to leave. Ive an unreal hatred of him

You and me both. Feel very bad about it, but I really can't abide him.

That risotto sounds rank!!!

Now he really IS a teddy-bear.

Isn't he???
    Tom Kerridge?

1412723623931_wps_3_Tom_Kerridge_chef_free_pi.jpg

Compared to Anton last night this is a different compitition. Anton was so nice and calm! Tom scares the you know what out of me!

Tom's fairly shouty alright. He's often been a judge and he always came across as nice, but I don't recall seeing the programme in his kitchen before.

I'd love to try that sweetbread dish. I eat next to no meat, but that's right up my street when I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

That's the man!

You and me both. Feel very bad about it, but I really can't abide him.

That risotto sounds rank!!!

The way he says oui chef, Makes me want to throw something at the TV. I thought he was cocky from the start, and I just want to see the smile wiped off his face

Advertisement