Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

rebs23 wrote: »
    An application has been made to extend the planning for another 5 years

No sign of it on the planning enquiry site. Do you know when it was lodged?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

If it's not on the planning enquiry site, and no-one can quote a planning reference number, you can safely assume that no application has been submitted to extend the duration of planning, yet. There is time however to submit another planning application.

Don't be surprised if an application to extend duration is submitted next month/november, to include modifications to permitted scheme - reflecting changes to design of arena, as well as the rest of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No sign of it on the planning enquiry site. Do you know when it was lodged?

Sorry just read it in a paper. Should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Demolition "starting" in two weeks according to this week by Simon Coveney.

https://twitter.com/simoncoveney/status/768548562623926272

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

They probably need more room to store materials for the capitol:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

calnand wrote: »
    Demolition "starting" in two weeks according to this week by Simon Coveney.

https://twitter.com/simoncoveney/status/768548562623926272

Simon is a great fella to meet the "steak holders". Nothing has been achieved here until the place is built.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Simon is a great fella to meet the "steak holders". Nothing has been achieved here until the place is built.

Agreed, I am surprised Simon is coming out with this stuff; he should reserve his commentary until such time that actual construction work is proceeding. I am sure he is quite assured in his convictions on this, but he has been burned on this many times and is in danger of looking foolish. He is no fool, so he shouldn't allow himself appear like on. I am sure he understands that political capital is not a finite resource and that he has used up quite a lot of this on th event centre issue.

Even if demolition progresses, that means very little, unless it is followed by an actual construction process. Still no commentary from the operators/developers.

mire wrote: »
    Agreed, I am surprised Simon is coming out with this stuff; he should reserve his commentary until such time that actual construction work is proceeding. I am sure he is quite assured in his convictions on this, but he has been burned on this many times and is in danger of looking foolish. He is no fool, so he shouldn't allow himself appear like on. I am sure he understands that political capital is not a finite resource and that he has used up quite a lot of this on th event centre issue.

Even if demolition progresses, that means very little, unless it is followed by an actual construction process. Still no commentary from the operators/developers.

The electorate are no fools either and getting tired of all these false start dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Eight weeks for designs to be finished. Two weeks for demolition to start (no mention of construction). Another crunch meeting in 'early October'.
    As usual with this project, more questions than answers and deadlines thrown up to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

opus wrote: »

Load of rubbish. This thing will never be built.

Apple are saying they will built the new office block in Hollyhill in four months to accommodate the 1000 new workers. The capitol is steaming ahead, PUC is steaming ahead. This can kicking effort, surrounding the event centre is a total and bare face lie in my opinion. Some section of the site will be cleared I bet, then get the archaeologists on site and then Mr Coveney can point the finger at someone else for the hold up and then watch Live nation, Bam and Heineken scurry into the sunset. :(:(

If Mr. Coveney is correct, demolition should start here early this week. Although demolition does not equal construction, it will be some progress at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Great weather for a bit of demolition today n'all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Grand day for it.

The constant use of the word 'demolition' rather than 'construction' shows just how far off we really are. A demolition contract is totally different to a construction one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

It may be built in time, but really shows what Coveney and Endas sod turning event were...an election stunt, nothing more.

The only thing being slowly demolished is my hope and dreams of seeing some good concerts/events here.

So tomorrow is the day demolition starts according to Mr Coveney.

Planning application for revisions to northern part of site being submitted.

As it was all part of the same application, I presume the extension will go in at the same time? Factor in a request for further information and an appeal to An Bord Pleanala and you're talking a good 9 months before things progress.

• Advertisement

So tomorrow is the day demolition starts according to Mr Coveney.

BAM said 10 days in the Examiner. The 10 days were up last Sunday. Both talking out of their arse, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That's looks like the least amount of demolition work required to qualify as demolition work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Was coming in here to post about that. Spade in the ground so to speak but looks fairly tame and for PR reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

I could have knocked that myself with a sledge. Pathetic PR stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Some "wonderful pics" alright. Wow. What a day's work !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Demolition is continuing today.

Contracts still aren't signed or at least weren't at the last update. Until they are this is nothing but a PR stunt.

Contracts still aren't signed or at least weren't at the last update. Until they are this is nothing but a PR stunt.

This is making the other white elephant Park De Frank look good at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They are at again today, few more bodies on site. Still all looks a bit pointless.

Advertisement