Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta €129 a year offer to replace the €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

FourFourFM wrote: »
    If you're happy with €9,99 would it be easier just to pay the extra €10 for the year and save yourself the hassle of remembering to call every 2 months.

exactly, no hassle for a year,
    i was about 20 minutes on the fone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's a lot of wrong assumptions being made about having to call Setanta every 2 months. I always email them to cancel down which takes all of 1 minute or less as its just a matter of sending the same email again with a change of date.

I would guess its close on 3 years since I rang them. They call me all the time with the offers and should that stop then I stop also as Im not going to loose any sleep if I dont have an active sub.

As my billing date is the 1st of the month I have the entire month of December to send an email which will be the same email (date changed) as i have been sending for the last 3 years. :)

good to know
    for next year :D

GY A1 wrote: »
    good to know
    for next year :D
    Saves on the old phone costs :)

2 points I would make are (A) me emailing them and them ringing me is not for everyone though. Im not entirely pushed if I have a sub but others would be desperate to keep their sub active. So what suits me would certainly not suit others.

(B) Its a fair while since I set out my stall with them. They ****ed up with my payments a couple of times in the past and lets just say I let them know that I wasn't a dunce in relation to consumer law. I also let them know what I thought their service was worth and The last 2 or 3 times they rang me they cut to the chase and offered the €9.99/month without any haggling. I firmly believe, rightly or wrongly, that they have noted on my account that I wont pay more than a tenner just like they note what your favourite soccer/rugby team is and what sports you are interested in.

So again while this "system" works for me it probably wont work for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just checking in, any sign of Setanta offering online viewing?

Its the only thing holding me back from signing up for the last few years at ths stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

FourFourFM wrote: »
    If you're happy with €9,99 would it be easier just to pay the extra €10 for the year and save yourself the hassle of remembering to call every 2 months.

Just holding on to it for the Xmas football then it's cancelled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

connundrum wrote: »
    Just checking in, any sign of Setanta offering online viewing?

Its the only thing holding me back from signing up for the last few years at ths stage.

www.setantago.com

it works fine for me

I really wanted is the sky bundesliga package from german sky
    I can't get the 230pm live bundesliga games on saturdays but I get everything else and a bit more from the setanta pack

setanta pack suits my needs as its better value than the full sky sport irish package

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Folks, i'd like to get setanta/bt but no longer have an irish sky card. Is there any way to get a card?

I have a uk white ftv card that i used to use years ago if thats any use.

I have a uk white ftv card that i used to use years ago if thats any use.
    No, it has to be a ROI card.

Give them a call (or email) and explain that you dont currently have a card and if they dont offer to supply you with a new card ask them for one "under the BAI sound and vision scheme". That worked in the past but I have read where some people didn't get one but tbh I think they are duly obliged to provide a card as part of their licence agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I was on to them a few days and they just said contact sky for a card so were no help unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They are at that again? They sure do like to make it difficult for people to subscribe to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi. Can you pay for and access Setanta / BT through a Skybox without having a current Sky subsrciption? Thanks.

Bif wrote: »
    Hi. Can you pay for and access Setanta / BT through a Skybox without having a current Sky subsrciption? Thanks.
    Yes, so long as you have a ROI Sky viewing card.

Didn't know whether to start a new thread or just post here but I see on the news that Eir have agreed to buy Setanta Ireland which will include their and BT's rights to premiership matches.

who's eir
    or what will the buyout mean or any changes
    muffler wrote: »
    Didn't know whether to start a new thread or just post here but I see on the news that Eir have agreed to buy Setanta Ireland which will include their and BT's rights to premiership matches.

GY A1 wrote: »
    who's eir
    or what will the buyout mean or any changes
    You live a very sheltered life. You'll be telling us next that you dont watch TV :D

Eir is the new name for Eircom.

As to how the buyout will affect us, I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

My €99 euro subscription finshed yesterday and i rang them to follow up on a text sent by them to renew for €129 and they said its finished and only offered at full price..disappointed. ..; (

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

My €99 euro subscription finshed yesterday and i rang them to follow up on a text sent by them to renew for €129 and they said its finished and only offered at full price..disappointed. ..; (

Surprised at that. Ring back. Chances are you'll get someone else who will give you that offer. I got it after the guy 'consulted' his manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

speedfreak wrote: »
    Surprised at that. Ring back. Chances are you'll get someone else who will give you that offer. I got it after the guy 'consulted' his manager.

I think they are being clever and suspended all offers in the last week as many people are subscribing to get the McGregor fight and they want to maximise revenues from it.

I would guess that offers will come back in a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Had evision tv through eircom, for existing customers they are doing a 2 month trial of setanta and bt.

We ordered today and we're told it would take between 1-3 hours to switch on. This was at midday today and still no sign.

Is this a common problem with eircom tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

Same here, expired last week and they would only renew at €225, might try again in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

They are offering 2 months Setanta Sport @ 12.99 per Month.

https://secure.setantasubs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

banged off an email this morning to setanta as I am on the 129

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

In response to your email regarding your annual subscription we can confirm that this is an automatic renewal, and is due to renew on 23rd November 2016.

You do have the option of providing 30 days notice to cancel, we would need to receive this by the 23rd October 2016 if you decide that you would like to cancel.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0818 20 30 40 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

kooga wrote: »

In response to your email regarding your annual subscription we can confirm that this is an automatic renewal, and is due to renew on 23rd November 2016.

You do have the option of providing 30 days notice to cancel, we would need to receive this by the 23rd October 2016 if you decide that you would like to cancel.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0818 20 30 40 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

I was told that my annual sub would not automatically renew however I have heard that people have got stung by them before. I will notifying them well before renewal just to be sure I don't get stung with a €225 hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

kooga wrote: »

That is pretty shady if they are going to auto renew subscriptions. The email I received on the 23rd October 2015 had the following included:
    Terms And Conditions
    Offer only available to recipients of this email, one time payment of €129 upfront by Credit Card or Debit Card required. Subscription will automatically end 12 months from the date of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 madpaddie

I have confirmation in my invitation email also that the 129 offer will automatically end after 12 month's. Therefore Setanta or Eir cannot proceed with auto renewal in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just got a call from Eir/Setanta.
    They offered me another year for 129.
    Mine is out on the 25/11 and was almost resigned to paying 200+ next week.
    Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭mossie

blade1 wrote: »
    Just got a call from Eir/Setanta.
    They offered me another year for 129.
    Mine is out on the 25/11 and was almost resigned to paying 200+ next week.
    Happy with that.

Yeah me too. Was going to cancel but for €129 it's just about worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm on a monthly subscription
    Must give them a call and see if I can get the annual deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Just about to post as my dad got the call

Advertisement