Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta €129 a year offer to replace the €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

They are strange. I emailed over the weekend asking about any offers, and got a reply just with the list price if 21.99
    Replied that I thought they had a 129 offer, they replied asking if I wanted the 129 offer, and when I said yes they emailed me on the 129 offer.
    Strange way of doing business tbh

I tried this and it worked, got the €129 offer. Delighted with that, thanks a million for the tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Signed up to this today and was told it automatically renews. Advised me to call back before end of October next year.

I questioned the fact I had been told last year it would disconnect after 12 months to be told if I hadn't called it would have renewed at €225!

Still trying to get my head around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Signed up to this today and was told it automatically renews. Advised me to call back before end of October next year.

I questioned the fact I had been told last year it would disconnect after 12 months to be told if I hadn't called it would have renewed at €225!

This is from the Ts&Cs I got when i signed up for the 99 for one year deal

Service billed at €99 for 1 year. This is a one off payment, the service will not renew after this period. Offer available on satellite only. Offer is not available to current customers. Offer ends 9am Sunday 29th November. Fixtures subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

were you already an existing customer or were you a former customer??

Former customer, cancelled in May. Got it for the winter period over the last few years. Will probably sign for the year, little over a tenner PM isn't too bad and no bother having to ring and call to threaten cancelling/renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Got the email a few days ago and a call last night from Setanta. I told the sales guy i didn't wanted some time to consider the offer and he told me that the offer would only be good up to last night and that Setanta can withdraw an offer at any time. Told him i didn't appreciate that tactic and wouldn't sign up with him. I suspect he was pushing hard for his commission.

Anyhow, if i were to sign up does anyone know what would happen if i were to move to UPC during the 12 months? Does the package move across also? Far from certain at the moment that i will be with Sky once my current offer period ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well my current year long deal doesn't run out till Christmas Eve so I'll wait till closer to then and see if it's still on offer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Well my current year long deal doesn't run out till Christmas Eve so I'll wait till closer to then and see if it's still on offer then.

Mine doesnt run out till the end of November either but the sales guy was trying to force me to sign up then and there for an additional 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

mbroaders wrote: »
    Got the email a few days ago and a call last night from Setanta. I told the sales guy i didn't wanted some time to consider the offer and he told me that the offer would only be good up to last night and that Setanta can withdraw an offer at any time. Told him i didn't appreciate that tactic and wouldn't sign up with him. I suspect he was pushing hard for his commission.

Anyhow, if i were to sign up does anyone know what would happen if i were to move to UPC during the 12 months? Does the package move across also? Far from certain at the moment that i will be with Sky once my current offer period ends.

the offer won't transfer from satellite to upc/virgin cable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Got it today after emailing first and referencing the offer email (I never got).
    Rang up then and all was good. Only ever had the 1 euro deal before in December 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mbroaders wrote: »

Your Setanta package would continue on satellite. An active Sky subscription is not necessary for a Setanta subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wasn't on the deal, rang them and got the €129 for 12 months no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I don't think they can do an automatic renewal if you pay with a credit card.

Tried to set up yesterday and had a strange experience. Could view the setanta channels but not the BT ones. Customer service blaming the box which is possible I guess but I've had no bother with it on other stations. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced simular with these or other channels.
    A point of note on calling setanta BTW, cost me about 20 euro for the call (of about 25 minutes or do). Pretty pissed off after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well I got the phone call last night, following on from the email and the text. I said I needed more time to think and would make up my mind. He said he would phone me back next week but I told him I would be away until 22nd and to phone and email then. I am paid up until 25th, and to be fair to the guy, he didn't put a gun to my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I was initially paying €21.99 a month but just noticed my bill went up to €25 without any notification from Setanta. Have e-mailed looking for an offer and if they don't have one i'll just cancel. Mainly getting it for the odd game of football, UFC and rugby but I can always go to the pub or stream them if I'm stuck.

Cancelled setanta. They offered me €12.99 for two months. Said I'd leave it. He said I could ring back in two months and see what offers they have then but I couldn't be bothered ringing every two months for a discount. If I want to watch it bad enough I'll find a way.

Will keep an eye out for offers popping up. Like the €129 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

the two months at €12.99 per month offer is up on their website as the only subscription offer at the moment.

kooga wrote: »
    the two months at €12.99 per month offer is up on their website as the only subscription offer at the moment.

Glad I said no now.

Next job is get sky down. Can't get rid of it as there would be war in the house but it's costing a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Jofspring wrote: »
    Glad I said no now.

Next job is get sky down. Can't get rid of it as there would be war in the house but it's costing a fortune.

Just got the letter from Sky about the 2.50 rise from Dec 1st.
    One heading on the letter states "BRINGING YOU MORE OF THE SPORTS THAT MATTER"
    Yippee! Can't wait!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is the 129 offer still available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

GY A1 wrote: »
    Is the 129 offer still available

Yes it is. It's not advertised but if you ring up and ask for it they should give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

blade1 wrote: »
    Just got the letter from Sky about the 2.50 rise from Dec 1st.
    One heading on the letter states "BRINGING YOU MORE OF THE SPORTS THAT MATTER"
    Yippee! Can't wait!:rolleyes:
    Thats great news altogether but Im not sure what it has to do with Setanta though :P

muffler wrote: »
    Thats great news altogether but Im not sure what it has to do with Setanta though :P

It was in response to the previous post!!!
    Don't shoot the messenger!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

JUST GOT THE 129 OFFER FOR THE PARENTS

Just to note setanta will lose the 3pm Saturday game to sky next season, but gain 5.30pm games from sky on bt as part of the new tv deals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BT will also lose the Saturday lunchtime game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

Just to note setanta will lose the 3pm Saturday game to sky next season, but gain 5.30pm games from sky on bt as part of the new tv deals

I thought Setanta had held onto the 3pm games. I didn't think Sky would bother with the 3pm games as they can only show them in Ireland.

lertsnim wrote: »
    BT will also lose the Saturday lunchtime game.

Looks like these are being replaced by Friday night games on sky? Or are the early Saturday games still in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

3pm game were pants Man Und/Liverpool v Medocre side...

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    3pm game were pants Man Und/Liverpool v Medocre side...

Yep, watching Bayren Munich in the Champions League is way better!:P

Advertisement