Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta €129 a year offer to replace the €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Looks like these are being replaced by Friday night games on sky? Or are the early Saturday games still in place?

They're still in place. IIRC, the Friday night games are shared with MNF in the package that contained those games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Looks like these are being replaced by Friday night games on sky? Or are the early Saturday games still in place?

Sky will be showing Saturday lunchtime games.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Does anyone who has paid the €129 annual sub now feel a little cheated or perhaps shortchanged would be a more appropriate word?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

blade1 wrote: »
    Just got the letter from Sky about the 2.50 rise from Dec 1st.

My letter says 3.75??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

muffler wrote: »
    Does anyone who has paid the €129 annual sub now feel a little cheated or perhaps shortchanged would be a more appropriate word?

Not really, I never really get to see the 3pm games anyway. I have Sky Sports so I'll still have them available but in all probability I still won't get to see them anyway.

For me the Setanta pack is not worth the 'full market' price they charge and is only worthwhile if you manage to get a deal from them which to be fair to them they generally do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

No I paid 125euros for 12 months

I think its great value as I hardly watch Eng Prem League

if sky get live bundesliga after 2017, than I will cancel setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

No have it for rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

kooga wrote: »
    No have it for rugby

Me too. I haven't taken up the offer yet. I wasn't going to, but am changing my mind as all of a sudden I have found myself watching BT and Setanta. I'm OK until 25th, or so Setanta told me, so still time to dither.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

How long will the 129 offer last

GY A1 wrote: »
    How long will the 129 offer last

I've just been on to them. I was told that my renewal date was 27th, but my 129 will go through on 25th, so I would say this offer is available until 25th anyway.

I asked what would happen next year because I wanted to make absolutely sure I don't go on to the regular monthly fee. She said I will get a letter again next year either making a new offer, but I should make a note in my diary to ring the this time next year in case I don't receive a letter.

I was surprised to hear that they still had my credit card details from last year, as I was told my card had expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

No, because there is far more to sport than the EPL!!! The amount of sheep that don't realise this is amazing!! Personally I have the subscription for US sports, particularly baseball and college football.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It's not quite the end of the Premier League on the Setanta pack either - there'll be 5:30pm KOs on BT Sport 1 starting next season - the games won't be as good, but for many this is actually the most attractive time slot TV wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Setanta has NHL. Reason enough for me.
    Only have it back a couple of weeks and am hooked again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm paying €21/month on Virgin/UPC...

I'll be cancelling that for sure. Is this €129 a 12 month prepay deal?? Might also be moving house within next 12 months so wonder would that have any impact??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

brinty wrote: »
    I'm paying €21/month on Virgin/UPC...

I'll be cancelling that for sure. Is this €129 a 12 month prepay deal?? Might also be moving house within next 12 months so wonder would that have any impact??
    129euros for satellite only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

FFS that just not on
    I'm getting v p'd off with Virgin/UPC so might just go to sky for TV. not sure LL would allow us to put a sky dish up though (or do you even need a dish these days) :(

brinty wrote: »
    FFS that just not on
    I'm getting v p'd off with Virgin/UPC so might just go to sky for TV. not sure LL would allow us to put a sky dish up though (or do you even need a dish these days) :(

Yes a dish is needed for Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I just got a call for €129... asked if €99 was still on (that is what I am on now), and the person on the phone said they did not think it was possible. I said I was unsure what to do, and they said they will ring back in a few days.

I just found this thread, so now I don't think I am going to get lower that €129 (which is what I Was hoping for), so will now probably go for €129 when they call back. I will ask for slightly cheaper once more, just in case.

tinodz wrote: »
    I just got a call for €129... asked if €99 was still on (that is what I am on now), and the person on the phone said they did not think it was possible. I said I was unsure what to do, and they said they will ring back in a few days.

I just found this thread, so now I don't think I am going to get lower that €129 (which is what I Was hoping for), so will now probably go for €129 when they call back. I will ask for slightly cheaper once more, just in case.

€129 seems to be the rock bottom this year - under €11 per month.....it's as much as I'm prepared to pay though. I got fed up with the two month deals at the start of 2014 - having to ring to cancel and haggle was a pain. Also having the bill just once per year will really make me think about whether or not I really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

vienne86 wrote: »
    I got fed up with the two month deals at the start of 2014 - having to ring to cancel and haggle was a pain. Also having the bill just once per year will really make me think about whether or not I really need it.

Its expensive enough to ring them too as its an 0818 number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Has the monthly price gone up from 22 eur to 25 eur? Only noticed they debited by eur 25 last month but they never notified me of an increase.

Has the monthly price gone up from 22 eur to 25 eur? Only noticed they debited by eur 25 last month but they never notified me of an increase.

€25 is for the full hd no contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya happened me too with no notification. Didn't think they could do that to be honest.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its expensive enough to ring them too as its an 0818 number
    Yep, and you can be left holding on for ages if half the country is ringing to cut the same deal too. If they didn't have this annual deal, I would have chucked them ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I rolled off a €12.99 for 2 months offer this month. I rang up the customer services and they would not give me the €129 offer. They said that was for people out of contract? They offered me the €12.99 for 2 months again. Now I did select option 1 for customer services as opposed to option 2 for cancellations. Should it have mattered? Will ring in January to say I'm cancelling unless they give me the €129 per year offer.

Anyone else get refused it like me?

I rolled off a €12.99 for 2 months offer this month. I rang up the customer services and they would not give me the €129 offer. They said that was for people out of contract? They offered me the €12.99 for 2 months again. Now I did select option 1 for customer services as opposed to option 2 for cancellations. Should it have mattered? Will ring in January to say I'm cancelling unless they give me the €129 per year offer.

Anyone else get refused it like me?

I always opt for option 2.

I was on a €9.99 a month offer when I rang up and they added the €129 offer on for when the €9.99 expired.

kooga wrote: »
    I always opt for option 2.

I was on a €9.99 a month offer when I rang up and they added the €129 offer on for when the €9.99 expired.

I was hanging on for ages when I pressed the option for cancellation, so I rang again selceting to option for 'new customer' and got through pretty quick. I had received the email offering me €129, but I think the operator was prepared to deal with anything I wanted to ask about.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

"Free" if you pay a subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

Strange the way I haven't had a call yet, my annual deal ends on the 24th, tomorrow.

Advertisement