Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOWWATCH

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod note
    I've deleted a number of posts regarding how to embed an image because they've taken the thread completely off topic

If you need assistance with inserting images you can always PM a mod or there is some helpful advice in the Boards.ie FAQ's
    When you wish to embed an image like this
    default.png

You need to use the tag in the same way as you use the for bold text etc

You must use the direct link to the image file (ie. the URL you enter must end in a .jpg or .bmp or .png, etc etc.)

In Internet Explorer: Right Click on the image you want, and select Properties to find the direct image URL.

In Firefox: Right Click the image you want, and select Copy Image Location then simply paste the link in-between the IMG tags.

You can host images on a dedicated site i.e. Flickr etc and then link them into a post using image tags i.e. my link goes here or by clicking on the the Image Icon (Yellow box with mountains in it)

OR

You can upload your image directly from your computer or phone using this method

1. Press "Go Advanced" button.
    2. In Additional Options, Press "Manage Attachments" button. This should open a Pop-Up Window.
    3. Browse to find the image & upload OR provide the URL of the image.
    4. The file appears in Current Attachments. Copy the URL of that image.
    5. Press Close this Window.
    6. Click on the Image Icon above (Yellow box with mountains in it)
    7. Paste URL saved in step 4 into the box provided. Press OK
    8. The image should be embedded in the post.

Strawberry Milkshake has kindly started a thread in the Test Forum so you can practice or ask for more help.

Thanks Guys - looking forward to loads of Snow Pics :)

New thread for snow event Saturday Dec 12th Here

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Lumi wrote: »
    New thread for snow event Saturday Dec 12th Here

I'm sorry now but what is the point of that? There's atleast 4 threads running now at the same time for the same winter weather.
    Sure that new thread will be outdated come Sunday.
    Can't really see why a snowwatch thread isn't good enough for when snow is falling.

I'm sorry now but what is the point of that? There's atleast 4 threads running now at the same time for the same winter weather.
    Sure that new thread will be outdated come Sunday.
    Can't really see why a snowwatch thread isn't good enough for when snow is falling.

There is an FI Charts Discussion thread for Autumn/Winter 2015/16
    A General Winter Chat Thread
    An event thread for the Heavy Rain/Flood Risk this weekend
    And the decision was taken to open an 'event thread' for today's snowfall after Met Eireann issued a specific Yellow Alert for it - this thread will indeed be outdated come Sunday and will be closed after today's event is over.

Each thread is for a quite separate topic & they're not really all for discussing the same winter weather

Thanks

Mod Note

Closing this thread temporarily to avoid confusion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement