Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So if someone comes on at 30.59 they would be entitled to 60 min clean sheet bonus. Which isn't fair.

If the rule amounts to how they've implemented it in this case, 2 substitutes minutes should never amount to more than 89 minutes. But this is the problem with OPTA, no consistency.

I would like to do a bit of research to see how frequently they've actually done it the other way but I'm really not that arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I've seen players get rounded up in minutes many times though, to the point where I actually thought that was how it worked until this came along and clarified it.

They need to apply a little consistency and he is right to query why one rule applied to Cedric and another to Yoshida (?).

If there's a rule it should be clear and applied consistently whether it impacts on points or not. Between this and phantom goals that are clearly other players goals or OGs, OPTA are given a pretty free reign to get things completely wrong.

They have always rounded up minutes in the past alright. I presume the system either sends down everything from 29:00 - 29:59 as 30th minute or the system rounds it to the nearest whole minute. I doubt they can change that as it must come from the OPTA feed. I think you're right on them needing to correct Yoshidas too if its done for one player it should be done for all even if it doesn't actually make any difference.

If the rule amounts to how they've implemented it in this case, 2 substitutes minutes should never amount to more than 89 minutes. But this is the problem with OPTA, no consistency.

I would like to do a bit of research to see how frequently they've actually done it the other way but I'm really not that arsed.

Researching that would almost be as bad as sending that email! Its surely happened at some point before probably just with a player with low ownership so it went under the radar.

jimmii wrote: »
    They have always rounded up minutes in the past alright. I presume the system either sends down everything from 29:00 - 29:59 as 30th minute or the system rounds it to the nearest whole minute. I doubt they can change that as it must come from the OPTA feed. I think you're right on them needing to correct Yoshidas too if its done for one player it should be done for all even if it doesn't actually make any difference.

But if you round up minutes, he gets the clean sheet.

The issue is that nobody seems to have a clue exactly what it was meant to be. Substitutions happen every game and the players always add up to 90 minutes. Which wouldn't be the case if the same approach was applied to every player. The players would add up to 89.

Them adding to 90 minutes implies that they are rounding up and down, but we can see in this case that this is not happening.

So which is it? People caring immensely about Cedric's minutes but not Yoshida's isn't correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

The only time I've seen them change a decision after a game update in the 2.5 seasons I've been playing seriously was that Suarez assist for the pen at Old Trafford. Even this past weekend, Brunt gets an assist for a cross that the keeper drops yet Sagna doesn't. In terms of Cedric, he didn't play 60 mins but the guy did have a point about Yoshida. I suppose the issue is with OPTA since that's what FPL Towers always quote back

• Advertisement

The only time I've seen them change a decision after a game update in the 2.5 seasons I've been playing seriously was that Suarez assist for the pen at Old Trafford. Even this past weekend, Brunt gets an assist for a cross that the keeper drops yet Sagna doesn't. In terms of Cedric, he didn't play 60 mins but the guy did have a point about Yoshida. I suppose the issue is with OPTA since that's what FPL Towers always quote back

This is it. We need clarification, does the guy who comes on after 30:10 get a clean sheet, even though they technically could play the exact same amount of minutes to the second.

If not, how does it work? I'm fine to run with whatever given 60 minutes is as arbitrary a line as any but I genuinely don't know what the arbitrary line is anymore.

But if you round up minutes, he gets the clean sheet.

The issue is that nobody seems to have a clue exactly what it was meant to be. Substitutions happen every game and the players always add up to 90 minutes. Which wouldn't be the case if the same approach was applied to every player. The players would add up to 89.

Them adding to 90 minutes implies that they are rounding up and down, but we can see in this case that this is not happening.

So which is it? People caring immensely about Cedric's minutes but not Yoshida's isn't correct.

Yeh initially it was rounded up and he was given the cleansheet points which I am guessing is when it came down the feed and was automatically updated by the system and then when whoever runs things on the day saw it had been credited as 60 minutes instead of 59 they went in and manually adjusted it he was sitting on 6 points for a minute or two.

This is it. We need clarification, does the guy who comes on after 30:10 get a clean sheet, even though they technically could play the exact same amount of minutes to the second.

If not, how does it work? I'm fine to run with whatever given 60 minutes is as arbitrary a line as any but I genuinely don't know what the arbitrary line is anymore.

When players have come on in the 30th minute in the past it has then been rounded down. I remember it happening to a player I owned and I felt even more hard down by as it was a game with a good bit of additional time so the total pitch time was closer to 70 than 60 but its just one of those things.

Yeh initially it was rounded up and he was given the cleansheet points which I am guessing is when it came down the feed and was automatically updated by the system and then when whoever runs things on the day saw it had been credited as 60 minutes instead of 59 they went in and manually adjusted it he was sitting on 6 points for a minute or two.

Which is ridiculous. If it normally applies that way Cedric should have gotten 6 points for his very lucky owners this week.

That Suarez change was a disgrace they make a big song and dance about how they will NEVER make a change after game day then yeh but we will just this one time just for because.

• Advertisement

When players have come on in the 30th minute in the past it has then been rounded down. I remember it happening to a player I owned and I felt even more hard down by as it was a game with a good bit of additional time so the total pitch time was closer to 70 than 60 but its just one of those things.

Injury time doesn't count. Fairly sure that is specified somewhere to stop people coming on after 32 minutes complaining.

Can't have the 'it's just one of those things' argument tbh. This is an extremely well paid statistics company. Consistency isn't much to ask.

Which is ridiculous. If it normally applies that way Cedric should have gotten 6 points for his very lucky owners this week.

Its a bit all over the place alright but as long as they give the correct number of points then I am happy enough for them to keep on doing what they are doing even if it doesn't actually make sense.

Its a bit all over the place alright but as long as they give the correct number of points then I am happy enough for them to keep on doing what they are doing even if it doesn't actually make sense.

But how do we know what the correct amount of points is if there is no arbitrary line?

Injury time doesn't count. Fairly sure that is specified somewhere to stop people coming on after 32 minutes complaining.

Can't have the 'it's just one of those things' argument tbh. This is an extremely well paid statistics company. Consistency isn't much to ask.

I doubt we're going to find out whose end the issue is at but I would imagine its FPL. As you say OPTA is an extremely well paid stats company I can't believe they deal only in whole minutes my guess is that the OPTA data sent it down as Cedric going off at 59:42 and when received by FPL the system is coded so it was then rounded up to 60.

The one of those things I was talking about was when you're defender comes on 30 seconds late not that they should take injury time into account.

I doubt we're going to find out whose end the issue is at but I would imagine its FPL. As you say OPTA is an extremely well paid stats company I can't believe they deal only in whole minutes my guess is that the OPTA data sent it down as Cedric going off at 59:42 and when received by FPL the system is coded so it was then rounded up to 60.

The one of those things I was talking about was when you're defender comes on 30 seconds late not that they should take injury time into account.

I'm pretty sure it's all automated. This has been someone manually overriding the automation for what as far as I can see is for no good reason

I'm pretty sure it's all automated. This has been someone manually overriding the automation for what as far as I can see is for no good reason

It has to be. On a Saturday that would be an insane amount of data for any human to handle! They must then go in and manually change the data that then just effects fpl like the made up assists and when they want to round down playing time!

I got a clean sheet from Cedric in Dugout and I think they're OPTA as well. To be fair, FPL have been consistent about anything between 59:00 and 59:59 as being 59 minutes from what I've seen

But how do we know what the correct amount of points is if there is no arbitrary line?

Because although the timing might not be clear on this the rules are the player must complete 60 minutes which he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

#Swans line-up v @stokecity: Fabianski, Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor, Cork, Shelvey, Barrow, Ayew, Montero, Gomis. #SWASTK

Muniesa benched for Stoke

#Swans line-up v @stokecity: Fabianski, Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor, Cork, Shelvey, Barrow, Ayew, Montero, Gomis. #SWASTK
    #Swans subs v @stokecity: Nordfeldt, Naughton, Bartley, Britton, Sigurdsson, Ki Sung-Yueng, Eder. #SWASTK
    Butland, Pieters, Wollscheid, Cameron, Johnson, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic, Bojan, Shaqiri, Joselu

• Advertisement

I got a clean sheet from Cedric in Dugout and I think they're OPTA as well. To be fair, FPL have been consistent about anything between 59:00 and 59:59 as being 59 minutes from what I've seen

The problem is that while 59:00-59:59 = 59 they say 30:00-30:59 = 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Naughton on the bench again...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rare to be in a nice relaxed state ahead of a game. I've already had a good week and ayew to come in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

For absolute Jesus ****ing ****s sakes.

Now Martin will sub in for Naughton with his -1.

Didn't take enough hits.

Rare to be in a nice relaxed state ahead of a game. I've already had a good week and ayew to come in this game.

I'm off to back him for a hattrick Mr Midas touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Time to get rid of Naughton?

My defence has killed me this season.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm off to back him for a hattrick Mr Midas touch!

Yup. He's 66/1 the hattrick. Free money people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Do you lose points for giving away a penalty? Stoke pen Bojan score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

There goes my Swansea cleanie..Thank you Mr Williams......
    Too much to ask for Ayew hatrick and 3 Williams assists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bojan scores.

33lgveq.png

Advertisement