Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

CSF wrote: »
    Eh anyone have Wijnaldum?
    Transferred him in this week. Pure luck was a toss up between him or cabaye! Could hit 100 if butland has a clean sheet and bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I believe 13 people TC him according to Twitter....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Should be 90 points all out assuming Ayoze bags one bap. Only player in my team to blank was Barkley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was hoping for 6 pts from Martin today but got -1 :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I'm ****ing done, after transferring Sterling out yesterday. I had Wijnaldum every week until I played my wildcard last week and took him out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

spock. wrote: »
    Wijnaldum has been overlooked by all of us. He's had a solid run of points before today in difficult fixtures.

I have to disagree. I don't think he is overlooked but in a season that is filled with incredible midpriced midfield options, he was a on the outer edge of consideration. He came back on my radar last week but I felt Mane has the superior form and longer term fixtures.

Well done for anyone that had him mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

spock. wrote: »
    Wijnaldum has been overlooked by all of us. He's had a solid run of points before today in difficult fixtures.
    Yes and no. I had him under my radar, seriously, I think some people did back him up, but but but he's fecking playing for Newcastle and with the amount of performing mids in the game so far, hard to justify a transfer for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

DakarVert wrote: »
    Martin to score, Get an assist and keep a clean sheet.

Would be a lovely end to a good week!

Weirder things have happened.

I was close...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't get any momentum.

Such a struggle of a season so far. Can't get on the right players often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Newcastle along with Everton have probably had the toughest fixture list to start the season. They have some decent players and nice fixtures coming up. I think there position is a little bit false. I did consider mitrovic for this week and could move for 1 of their attacking players before their next home game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have to disagree. I don't think he is overlooked but in a season that is filled with incredible midpriced midfield options, he was a on the outer edge of consideration. He came back on my radar last week but I felt Mane has the superior form and longer term fixtures.

Well done for anyone that had him mind you.

Interesting stuff. Wijnaldum was one of a couple of options i looked at as a Hazard replacement last night. I was looking for somebody cheap enough to do Sahko to Costa.

Their fixtures now are incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

menoscemo wrote: »
    I was hoping for 6 pts from Martin today but got -1 :o

Me too :/ oh well, still on 58(-8) with Ayew left to play. Let's watch him grab 4 goals? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Guy in one of my mini leagues left the captaincy on Aguero this week. He still beat me by 7 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Terrible week. 48 points, -8 point hit, so 40 net for the week.

Fallen from 26k to 74k, I'll be happy to remain within the top 100k by the end of the game tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The only issue I have with Wijnaldum is, who do you drop?

Sanchez and De Bruyne are close to essential which takes up 2 slots at expensive prices. Mahrez and Payet are still flying and don't exactly have terrible fixtures nor look like slowing down any time soon. Then there's the likes of Mata and Ozil who you'd have to trust to be a lot more consistent and who are ticking along nicely with some nice games coming up. Then when Aguero comes back it's very tough to have anything other than 4 starting midfielders and 1 placeholder on the bench every week.

I flagged him on here the minute he signed for Newcastle myself and he's a cracking player, but while he'll remain on my watchlist (when he's been since pre-season) I can't see myself making a move just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »

Sanchez and De Bruyne are close to essential which takes up 2 slots at expensive prices. Mahrez and Payet are still flying and don't exactly have terrible fixtures nor look like slowing down any time soon. Then there's the likes of Mata and Ozil who you'd have to trust to be a lot more consistent and who are ticking along nicely with some nice games coming up. Then when Aguero comes back it's very tough to have anything other than 4 starting midfielders and 1 placeholder on the bench every week.

I flagged him on here the minute he signed for Newcastle myself and he's a cracking player, but while he'll remain on my watchlist (when he's been since pre-season) I can't see myself making a move just yet.
    Same really. Mahrez, Payet, Sanchez, KDB, Vardy, Pelle, Bony seems like my 7 until Aguero becomes a good choice again.

When a WC backfires on you, at least he should see some nice autosubs: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2842181/transfers/history/

Wijnaldum TC: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/453418/event-history/9/

Has to be one of the biggest two GW rank swings: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2248133/history/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paully D wrote: »

He may become a really good option if a Aguero return was to be met with a Costa run of form. The Mata/Ozil spot could be his then to facilitate Aguero & Costa up top.

I've written emails to FPL for #Justice campaigns, but never this long.........
    https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fantasy-football-manager-written-letter-premier-league-just-084914996--spt.html?cmp=ukfb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

PARlance wrote: »
    He may become a really good option if a Aguero return was to be met with a Costa run of form. The Mata/Ozil spot could be his then to facilitate Aguero & Costa up top.

I'm seriously considering the Wijnaldum train over Mahrez right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

He's really getting a lot of grief for it! Its pretty desperate to write the email but its also pretty desperate to write an article, however short, about the email too! The guy doesn't take the bants too well either he quit FFS after not being able to handle things there not so long ago he decided to go back and post the email there too. It went down a little better than it did on twitter but not much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A true #JusticeFor campaign is short and sweet with a little hopeful humour thrown in :)

Pretty crappy to write an article though in such a tone about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

A true #JusticeFor campaign is short and sweet with a little hopeful humour thrown in :)

Pretty crappy to write an article though in such a tone about it!

The email was pretty pointless and longwinded, but as you say the tone of the article is shìtty and condescending in the extreme.

Anyone who has ever criticised people round here for calling some managers 'casuals' should read it and take note!

A stupid email maybe, but the lad is clearly one of our own so the yahoo guy can fck right off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The bit about most of us only checking scores on a Monday morning was amusing!

The guy who wrote the article is the only one there coming off badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

CSF wrote: »
    The guy who wrote the article is the only one there coming off badly.

No I don't think the guy who wrote the email came off well at all. I mean that's just one of those things. He wasn't on the field after 60 mins. Therefore he doesn't get the points. Build a bridge. No need to go in to all that. He comes across very pretentious if that's the word I'm looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

69(-4) with Ayew to play. Most are all out so a goal from Ayew tonight should mean a decent green arrow.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    No I don't think the guy who wrote the email came off well at all. I mean that's just one of those things. He wasn't on the field after 60 mins. Therefore he doesn't get the points. Build a bridge. No need to go in to all that. He comes across very pretentious if that's the word I'm looking for.

I've seen players get rounded up in minutes many times though, to the point where I actually thought that was how it worked until this came along and clarified it.

They need to apply a little consistency and he is right to query why one rule applied to Cedric and another to Yoshida (?).

If there's a rule it should be clear and applied consistently whether it impacts on points or not. Between this and phantom goals that are clearly other players goals or OGs, OPTA are given a pretty free reign to get things completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So if someone comes on at 30.59 they would be entitled to 60 min clean sheet bonus. Which isn't fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

When they got round to reading it they must have thought is this guy serious? Would love to know exactly what he was expecting to get in response did he think there was a chance that Cedric would credited with playing 60 minutes or did he just want Yoshida to be rounded down to 30 just for the sake of it and thought that was worth sending that big long email for!

His suggestion that they should basically changes the rules to it being 59:30 needed to be played to get a CS instead of 60:00 is just the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever seen on a Fanstasy forum before! You can be sure that if his defender came off after 59:29 he would be timing it to the millisecond and then telling them to round it up to 59:30 because he used an atomic clock and he actually left the field at 59:29.56 so it should be 59:30.

Advertisement