Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭Invincible

Up to 9k
    Vardy is some boy, pound for pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Up to ~19k from ~42k even with a -12. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Up to 46k. Fffix ridiculously accurate again. Highest ever ranking and first time inside top 50k. Will probably drop a little tomorrow and Monday, but I'm still delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

down from 25k to 38k
    no players
    so will fall more but happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Invincible wrote: »
    Up to 9k
    Vardy is some boy, pound for pound!

captain next week
    a season keeper now
    this seasons Kane
    mahrez will be the one to make way when their fixtures turn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

72 (-12) this week. Happy with that. The hits worked out for once.

Raging I decided against bringing in Bony at the last minute.

But up about 200k to 466k so that's decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

From motd it looks like Sterling is the main man with Aguero out of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Have been out for most of the day just checked my score now I got 80(-4) It seems to be holding up pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

54(-16)...

Now, some would say this is terrible score, but all my transfer worked out just fine:

Yaya (1) - DeBruyne (5)
    Pedro (3) - Payet (7)
    Aguero (0) - Pelle (2)
    Courtois (0) - Cech (6)
    Gomez (0) - Azpi (6)

22 points gained (-16) = 6:D

I only had Westwood to come off the bench anyway with two points, which means 4 points profit and good team with no injuries except Kolarov.

DeLaet and Mahrez, although not injured, need to be shipped soon. though.

Overall - not a bad move. Have to stay positive.

Dropped 200k to 750k with no players left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

64 (-4) with Bassong to play. Up inside top 60k. Biggest disappointment has been the return of BUIB. If only I had bought Bony instead :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

80 -8 ayew and Martin to go up to 20k. It's been a great week.

WC played.

85 points with no Sterling or Bony.

Up to 18k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

216th atm
    16pts off top 50 and 70 behind leader.
    All out most likely.

Watching motd and bony was very impressive. Could (and should) have had at least one more assist, and his passing was very impressive. Proved today that he will be a genuine captaincy option in the next few weeks

ElTel wrote: »
    216th atm
    All out most likely.

Incredible tbf

216th atm
    All out most likely.

Just had a look at your team. To be that high with no chips played is a serious achievement

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Just had a look at your team. To be that high with no chips played is a serious achievement

Bit of luck of course but left a lot in the bank at the start to make the move for Sanchez and Aguerro in GW3 I think. Joining Boards was the biggest factor and learning about the nuances of price changes has been huge.
    Much different playing from a position of strength and if it keeps up my mates will never let me in our league again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bit of luck of course but left a lot in the bank at the start to make the move for Sanchez and Aguerro in GW3 I think. Joining Boards was the biggest factor and learning about the nuances of price changes has been huge.
    Much different playing from a position of strength and if it keeps up my mates will never let me in our league again.

It's a lot easier from a great start. If you don't do anything too maverick you should tick along, but don't let the fear bore you into making decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Don't worry, mine let me in this year and - let's just say - they have a good laugh:D

Good to see one of boardsies doing so well, keep it going.

We will join you soon:D

It's a lot easier from a great start. If you don't do anything too maverick you should tick along, but don't let the fear bore you into making decisions

Like Bony captain this week?
    Gabriel in instead of Bellerin this week too.
    That's the fun.

• Advertisement

Of course there's luck involved,there always will be, but you backed the right horses and have made good decisions. Now you just need to keep the points ticking over, making smart transfers and good captaincy choices, and by building on your great start, you'll have a great season. Although Hopefully you'll slip up in the fsa qualifying and I'll Nick top spot in that though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

80 -8 ayew and Martin to go up to 20k. It's been a great week.
    You're fire with your transfers lately! Well done! What a frontline this week :eek: (and Murray did score too!). You'd turn anything into gold right now :p!

---

62 pts for me with 1 pt subbing in for Kolarov. All in.
    Could have been 72 (-4) and with Bellerin on my team.

Happy enough though. A second ...hmm... let's say more than decent (Ayew & Swansea CS can still hurt me I'd say) week after playing the WC.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Of course there's luck involved,there always will be, but you backed the right horses and have made good decisions. Now you just need to keep the points ticking over, making smart transfers and good captaincy choices, and by building on your great start, you'll have a great season. Although Hopefully you'll slip up in the fsa qualifying and I'll Nick top spot in that though:p

Think I have you now associated with your team.
    Gonna change Kol tonight or be prudent and wait 'till after CL?

Like Bony captain this week?
    Gabriel in instead of Bellerin this week too.
    That's the fun.

Like if you saw Pelle was leading polls and thought you had to captain him. There'll be times when it's better to be safe with 90% of the top 10k, but go with gut as much as you can. Just don't do something akin to dumping Vardy/Sanchez to get a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

All red arrows this week :( down To 50k overall. Hoping Ayew/Martin have a stormer tomorrow and carry me back up.

Like if you saw Pelle was leading polls and thought you had to captain him. There'll be times when it's better to be safe with 90% of the top 10k, but go with gut as much as you can. Just don't do something akin to dumping Vardy/Sanchez to get a differential

First time not captaining Kun since GW3!!
    Captain pick next week will be interesting too....maybe Vardy over Sanchez.
    Think you mentioned it already?

First time not captaining Kun since GW3!!
    Captain pick next week will be interesting too....maybe Vardy over Sanchez.
    Think you mentioned it already?

I'm on Sanchez(c) Vardy(vc) at the moment

I'm on Sanchez(c) Vardy(vc) at the moment

Watching MOTD now and that Guzan lad for Villa is a joke. Why do they pass it back to him? Cant use that match as evidence of a Chelsea turn-around.
    The WBA goal should never have counted either and then my JOS would stop trending to a price drop!! Hazard dropped in price before a home game against Villa. Are the price changes usually that nuts?
    Oh Sanchez will get the nod for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

216th atm
    All out most likely.

Keep doing what your doing. This place is great for advice but always make your own mind up.

• Advertisement

Keep doing what your doing. This place is great for advice but always make your own mind up.

Cheers.
    I tend to read your posts twice!!
    What I really like is the "Devil's Advocate" view that people throw in the mix if a view is becoming one-sided just to give some balance even if it's not their own cup of tea.

Advertisement