Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I take it Bonner is injured? What's the story with Jason Forde?

solerina wrote: »
    Team has been released.
    1 Darren Gleeson
    2 Cathal Barrett
    3 James Barry
    4 Michael Cahill
    5 Seamus Kennedy
    6 Ronan Maher
    7 Paudie Maher
    8 Brendan Maher
    9 Michael Brown
    10 Sean Curran
    11 Dan McCormack
    12 Noel McGrath
    13 John O Dwyer
    14 Seamus Callanan
    15 John McGrath

Jeez i was shocked enough with Curran but now we have Michael Brown the former Sheffield United and Tottenham player starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I take it Bonner is injured? What's the story with Jason Forde?
    Both benched for Curran and Mc Cormack.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Good to see that we're at least trying to improve the half forward line instead of the same tried and tested players who have proved not to be good enough
    Is it an improvement though?I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

tippspur wrote: »
    Is it an improvement though?I'm not so sure.

Who knows, but a change was needed

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I've no problem with the team, we haven't a clue who's going well in training and matches. I'd have my own doubts about McCormack already but i haven't seen Curran or Kennedy hurl too much

What it does mean is our bench is stocked with difference makers. Bonnar coming on on with 20 mins to go will be a nightmare for a defender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

the whole county has complained about our midfield and centre forward line for the last 3 or 4 years so change is good. will it work we dont know but what was being selected was not working.

I like Ryans selection, shows he is not afraid to make decisions.
    Our real weakness on Sunday is not the new players, its our inconsistency.
    If Ryan can solve that issue we can win all irelands.

the whole county has complained about our midfield and centre forward line for the last 3 or 4 years so change is good. will it work we dont know but what was being selected was not working.

Exactly, isn't the definition of stupidity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Indeed, perhaps the key to resolving our inconsistency is not to be afraid to freshen things up. I'm not seeing what all the fuss with Dan McCormack is though. Looks well out of his depth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Indeed, perhaps the key to resolving our inconsistency is not to be afraid to freshen things up. I'm not seeing what all the fuss with Dan McCormack is though. Looks well out of his depth

I think well out of his depth is a little harsh. I thought he did ok in a number of league games whilst not setting the world on fire. We have had nothing in the half forward line for a few years now so I am all for the shake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

Anyone know Is it designated seating in Semple tomorrow please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

No, 15 for the terrace

Forecast is awful, get in the stand 25 bucks

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Triboro wrote: »
    Anyone know Is it designated seating in Semple tomorrow please.

It is for both old and new stand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Complete rout.

I do miss the Tipp of 2-3 years ago when we were scoring goals for fun. They have dried up altogether now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

callaway92 wrote: »
    Complete rout.

I do miss the Tipp of 2-3 years ago when we were scoring goals for fun. They have dried up altogether now.

Its a direct result of the sweeper being deployed by the opposition, wouldn't be over concerned by it. Cork were a shambles but really liked the look of our inside forward line, if we get enough ball into those three we will be a threat to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

danganabu wrote: »
    Its a direct result of the sweeper being deployed by the opposition, wouldn't be over concerned by it. Cork were a shambles but really liked the look of our inside forward line, if we get enough ball into those three we will be a threat to anyone.

Entertainment wise though it's a large hindrance for me. I know it's not just Tipp's fault but it was the same in the league this year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Entertainment wise though it's a large hindrance for me. I know it's not just Tipp's fault but it was the same in the league this year too.

I agree entirely re entertainment but Tipp are completely blameless they are the only ones who are not going ultra defensive, ironically KK being the other one even though it was in an attempt to copy them that this ****e started, difference being KK game is based on fluidity and hard work, not playing 8 defenders when your 7 points down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

I agree entirely re entertainment but Tipp are completely blameless they are the only ones who are not going ultra defensive, ironically KK being the other one even though it was in an attempt to copy them that this ****e started, difference being KK game is based on fluidity and hard work, not playing 8 defenders when your 7 points down!

exactly, tipp would love to play 15 on 15 but it is far easier to destroy then create.
    Ultra defense is awful to look at but if you want to win all irelands you must adopt a defensive game plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Maybe I'm being too wary but I have seen nothing in this Tipp team to suggest that they will win comfortably. Add in the fact that Cork are overdue a good championship performance and they will have seen how putting it up to Tipp works-look at Galway last august, another game we were supposed to win.

Looks like you'll be waiting a bit longer for Cork to produce a performance.

• Advertisement

Looks like you'll be waiting a bit longer for Cork to produce a performance.
    Our Intermediates would have beaten that Cork senior team today;)

Fair enough Tyson but we thought the same thing a few years ago in Cork and got whupped.I haven't seen anything in this Tipp team recently to suggest that they should be beating any team comfortably.

Dan, I think while you may not have underestimated this tipp side I think you overestimated this Cork team who in reality are a poor team and have been for a number of years, this more than anything suggested to me that tipp would win comfortably.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Game as a spectacle was awful, I know the weather was atrocious but this sweeper system is sucking the life out of the game. We didn't even look like scoring a goal, Callanan inside on his own being man marked by two players??

Cork playing with 8 defenders when they were 7 points down with 5 minutes to go was pathetic.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is there a big screen planned for the stadium? It's badly needed!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Game as a spectacle was awful, I know the weather was atrocious but this sweeper system is sucking the life out of the game. We didn't even look like scoring a goal, Callanan inside on his own being man marked by two players??

Cork playing with 8 defenders when they were 7 points down with 5 minutes to go was pathetic.

I don't know if you were watching from the stands or at home- i watched it at home and i don't remember seeing a game as bad, at least not in recent memory. I know it's hard to combat that poxy sweeper but there's Junior B teams that would have put on a better showing, even in the weather. Game is getting very difficult to watch.

Complete rout.

Tbf I think sweepers have had a big part on this.

Kilkenny haven't been afraid to withdraw men. Eoin Larkin for one does a lot of tracking

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I don't know if you were watching from the stands or at home- i watched it at home and i don't remember seeing a game as bad, at least not in recent memory. I know it's hard to combat that poxy sweeper but there's Junior B teams that would have put on a better showing, even in the weather. Game is getting very difficult to watch.

I was at the game, watched it back on TV after the game and I thought it looked slightly better on TV, possibly because I didn't have a great seat.

Fair play to anyone who stayed in the terrace for the entire game, I could see a lad in there in a t shirt and shorts... Never flinched.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

We need to get Callinan more help inside.. Also a screen in Semple would not look out of place.. Cork were poor on the day but I was happy overall

• Advertisement

What did people think of our new look half forward line?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement