Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Forget about your Kilkenny and Clare rivalry's ,the real enemy,the historical enemy, the blood & bandage, come to town on Sunday week! It's time to get revved up and be ready for them! I hate losing to anyone but having it rubbed in by someone with a Cork accent !

Forget about your Kilkenny and Clare rivalry's ,the real enemy,the historical enemy, the blood & bandage, come to town on Sunday week! It's time to get revved up and be ready for them! I hate losing to anyone but having it rubbed in by someone with a Cork accent !

I can sense the usual 'ah shur we'll win this one handy' in the Tipp supporters already! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I can sense the usual 'ah shur we'll win this one handy' in the Tipp supporters already! :mad:

I think this is the case, it's hard not to think back to the league game when Cork were abysmal. How they stayed in the league is beyond me, great win up in Galway all the same.

Cork will relish coming to Thurles as huge underdogs. Hopefully we won't be complacent and underestimate them.

Ultimately Cork are a bog average side and if we have any notions of going far in this championship then we need to be beating Cork comfortably.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I think this is the case, it's hard not to think back to the league game when Cork were abysmal. How they stayed in the league is beyond me, great win up in Galway all the same.

Cork will relish coming to Thurles as huge underdogs. Hopefully we won't be complacent and underestimate them.

Ultimately Cork are a bog average side and if we have any notions of going far in this championship then we need to be beating Cork comfortably.
    Fair enough Tyson but we thought the same thing a few years ago in Cork and got whupped.I haven't seen anything in this Tipp team recently to suggest that they should be beating any team comfortably.

Ultimately Cork are a bog average side and if we have any notions of going far in this championship then we need to be beating Cork comfortably

They might be a better side then we think. They put it right up to Kilkenny and beat Galway in the relegation when they needed to. Approach with caution at the very least

• Advertisement

They might be a better side then we think. They put it right up to Kilkenny and beat Galway in the relegation when they needed to. Approach with caution at the very least

As I said it's easy to underestimate them and be complacent, but if we don't fall into that trap then we should be beating them especially at home.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

As I said it's easy to underestimate them and be complacent, but if we don't fall into that trap then we should be beating them especially at home.

I think we'll win but it will be close. Don't forget they will be smarting from that trimming in Croker we gave them in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Good preview here to whet the appetite:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0512/787877-munster-hurling/

Who's going to be in goals on Sunday?

Who's going to be in goals on Sunday?

So I take it that these stories about a goalkeeping issue are false?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The week of a Munster championship game against Cork and both Tipperary threads are dead. Having two threads has ruined the discussion IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

The week of a Munster championship game against Cork and both Tipperary threads are dead. Having two threads has ruined the discussion IMO

+1

It's the same posters on both........ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was wondering why this got so quiet,I don't even know where the other thread is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

tippspur wrote: »
    I was wondering why this got so quiet,I don't even know where the other thread is.
    Its in the GAA forum but it doesnt stay on the first page that often....

So how are we going to do?

So how are we going to do?

I think we will win but it will be close. 4-5 points, late rally toward the end. Corks weakness is their defence who have been very loose and generous all year but come championship im not sure they will be that bad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think it'll be a comfortable win. 6+ points.

Tipp by more than 5.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Honestly i think if we can open a gap to 5 or 6 points we could end up running up a big score on this Cork defence. Our lads love leading from the front and if there's no pressure on them they can play some sublime stuff.

If Cork can keep it close and make a dogfight of it then we could struggle but we need to win a dogfight at some point this year and coming out on top of Cork in one would be extra sweet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I think we should win comfortable. i'd be wary of Cork though, they'll surely have something up their sleeves after such a dreary league campaign.

• Advertisement

I think we should win comfortable. i'd be wary of Cork though, they'll surely have something up their sleeves after such a dreary league campaign.

You read my mind. Kingston is a wily aul fox. He can't blow Tipp up enough.

Maybe I'm being too wary but I have seen nothing in this Tipp team to suggest that they will win comfortably. Add in the fact that Cork are overdue a good championship performance and they will have seen how putting it up to Tipp works-look at Galway last august, another game we were supposed to win.

What kind of crowd are we expecting?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What kind of crowd are we expecting?

18/19K ?

Forecast for sunday is pretty awful, might keep people away

18/19K ?

Yeah was thinking around that, in the past this would have been nailed on for 30000

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

my team for sunday would be

Glesson

Barrett,Barry,Cahill

Bergin,R Maher,P Maher

Maher Breen

G Ryan,Bonner,Bubbles

J Mcgrath,Callanan,Forde

Brave decision starting Curran and McCormack in the half forward line, both have a lot to prove as does Kennedy at half back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Team has been released.
    1 Darren Gleeson
    2 Cathal Barrett
    3 James Barry
    4 Michael Cahill
    5 Seamus Kennedy
    6 Ronan Maher
    7 Paudie Maher
    8 Brendan Maher
    9 Michael Breen ( copy and paste- didn't read the name)
    10 Sean Curran
    11 Dan McCormack
    12 Noel McGrath
    13 John O Dwyer
    14 Seamus Callanan
    15 John McGrath

• Advertisement

Good to see that we're at least trying to improve the half forward line instead of the same tried and tested players who have proved not to be good enough

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement