Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "How to maximise the new chips use" thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If Liverpool win the Europa and there's a dgw in gw1, I may well use a chip in the first week if I can find fifteen players who are nailed. There'd be less uncertainty than using BB late on.

Super Cup is 9 August so no DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How to maximise your chips you say? Don't TC Andy ****ing donkey Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Lemlin wrote: »
    How to maximise your chips you say? Don't TC Andy ****ing donkey Carroll.

Or Blankaku

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Curses on the Super Cup anyway. I certainly think combining a WC, DGW and BB all into the one package tempted me into making wrong decisions. Guys in my league who WCed the actual week of a DGW, without the complication of playing another chip, had really stroing teams those weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Curses on the Super Cup anyway. I certainly think combining a WC, DGW and BB all into the one package tempted me into making wrong decisions. Guys in my league who WCed the actual week of a DGW, without the complication of playing another chip, had really stroing teams those weeks.

I agree your best with 11 strong dgw options rather than 15dgw options of which 5 or 6 are risky and players you will end up wanting to transfer out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I agree your best with 11 strong dgw options rather than 15dgw options of which 5 or 6 are risky and players you will end up wanting to transfer out.
    IF this season taught us anything, is those of us who overthink things don't do a whole lot better than people who keep it simple (aka "casuals")

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Shedite27 wrote: »
    IF this season taught us anything, is those of us who overthink things don't do a whole lot better than people who keep it simple (aka "casuals")

I think we destroyed most of them since GW34 personally. I went from 10-20 points behind some casuals to 50-60 points ahead now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think we destroyed most of them since GW34 personally. I went from 10-20 points behind some casuals to 50-60 points ahead now

I would think Thats because of a better knowledge of dgw and blank fixtures. The gains from the chips the casual would have got those gains when they used them. The TC should have got you more in a dgw than when a casual played it. Granted it didn't work out for lukaku and Carroll TC but that's just the way the game goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cross posting from the other thread as it appears most of the discussion is here

After GW 33 my overall ranking was 622K :o
    GW 34 165 (-8)...TC played. GW rank 18K, OR 315K
    GW 35 58 (no hit)...WC played GW rank 167K OR 258K
    GW 37 117 (-8)....BB played. GW rank 5K OR 117K

I suppose its easier to make up impressive ranking ground from a $hite starting point, but safe to say worked out well going against the standard and WC in GW 35 before the shortened game week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I agree with this and I only had TC left too

• Advertisement
Advertisement