Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "How to maximise the new chips use" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

1. Triple captain assume you always captain aguero.
    Player 1 uses his TC in a SGW(3) and then also captains aguero in a DGW(4). He gets aguero's points 7 times.
    Player 2 uses his TC in a DGW(6) and then you must include a SGW(2). Therefore the benefit of holding it for a DGW is you get aguero's points once. Factor in that the DGW fixture may not be as good as some SGW and the potential boost from it is negligible.

I don't fully agree with this assumption. Well more than I disagree I'm more asking you will you really do it? You? Busts? Who's far from the last for a captain punt :p?
    I mean, you assume Agüero is always captain for his "easy" single fixtures and his double fixtures. OK. What if you get your single GW TC completely wrong? Cause OK it was glorious home to Newcastle. But what about home to WH? Home to Watford? Were these 2 fixtures that bad a call beforehand? Cause here the diff is 46 pts (2x3 + 25 vs 2 + 25x3) !!! Of course Agüero could blank both his DGW games but the odds are lower, aren't they?

Also, Agüero may not be the best DGW TC option. Last year, Benteke & Austin (Benteke was close to 25 pts and Austin got 21 pts) were as good as Agüero (23 pts).
    2. Bench Boost assume you can get a squad full of DGW players
    Player 1 uses it in a SGW he gets points for 15 players and then in a DGW he has 11 players playing twice(22). He gets points for 37 players.
    Player 2 uses it ina DGW he gets 15 playing twice(30) and then has 11 in the SGW. He gets points for 41 players.
    This is the best chip IMO as statistically you are giving yourself 4 extra players and I feel this one should really be played in a DGW. The TC you are only giving yourself 1 extra player granted it is going to be a really strong player
    I agree here preventing you can manage a 15 men strong squad (it may be a lot harder than we think, budget wise & mid-term planning wise e.g. who and how to get a good second GK).
    3. MY thoughts on the AOA chip are its totally luck of the draw and I think just play it when it suits. If you gain a couple of points from it you have done well.
    I partly agree. 2 possible uses for me. As you said when it suits like this coming GW for many who have a depleted defense.

But I maintain my OP fantasy is a real possible scenario. Every season there are "small" teams overperforming and offering great cheap options (e.g. Leicester last year). Every year (even last year where it was supposedly less the case) we face a succession of blanks/DGWs come ~GW30.
    If, like last year, we can anticipate several GWs before which teams are gonna be affected, I feel the AOA & BB chips can be used very close to each other. The second term WC could actually be used either to quickly build the team to use both chips or to revert to a more "normal" team after having used both.

Because how are you guys gonna build your BB team? It is a task we never ever had to do building a 15 men strong team. It'll be almost impossible to get 5 premium def. So we'll have to get the performing cheapies that are hopefully gonna have a DGW (again Leicester is the perfect example from last year). My feeling is you could build this strong 15 men team around a strong front 8 (money should allow that late in the season and anyway there are always cheap big hitters) and gamble at the back with the performing cheapies (if I continue with my Leicester example, their GK and a def were almost must-haves last year ; a guy like PVA was also perfect for that matter) to use your AOA first and then your BB or vice versa depending on the context.

My idea is your cheap options at the back that would suit a DGW may be benched for a tough away game when you use your AOA (again I'm pretty sure this was the case with Leicester last year and it definitely was for PVA so in my fantasy scenario you'd only need to find another def to bench to use your AOA).

Of course we'll need a scenario as favourable as last year's. But as I said in my OP, I played last year's scenario exactly how I'm describing it above. Just I didn't have these chips to maximise my strategy.

-

Hopefully this gives real answers to
    LucidLife wrote: »
    Are ye planning the Bench Boost on a DGW, and have ye really thought it through? That would mean massive point hits, perhaps a WC, perhaps no 6 team DGW except the one where you know Sanchez or Aguero has a double GW at home and you perhaps want to play your Triple chip that week that you had saved. No doubt it would leave you with a WC and Bench Boost late in season in that scenario but there are much worse possibilities too.
    whom I'd ask what are the much worse possibilities? No DGW(s)? No big teams in DGW? So what? Villa & QPR last year offered the best DGW return (the ones who went Benteke + Austin + Phillips are still probably laughing from their FPLasm :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    I don't fully agree with this assumption. Well more than I disagree I'm more asking you will you really do it? You? Busts? Who's far from the last for a captain punt :p?
    I mean, you assume Agüero is always captain for his "easy" single fixtures and his double fixtures. OK. What if you get your single GW TC completely wrong? Cause OK it was glorious home to Newcastle. But what about home to WH? Home to Watford? Were these 2 fixtures that bad a call beforehand? Cause here the diff is 46 pts (2x3 + 25 vs 2 + 25x3) !!! Of course Agüero could blank both his DGW games but the odds are lower, aren't they?

I'm not saying I'll capt aguero every week or that anybody will I just used him as an example . My key point is that by playing the TC in a DGW you get the added benefit of 1 more player over somebody that plays his TC in a SGW. I'd imagine a lot of people don't realise this as it's something I only copped onto this morning when I thought about it. Only the other week I argued that it's madness to use the TC in a SGW but really its not a huge issue when I made that comment I didn't realise the minor difference it really has.
    TBH my triple captain will hopefully be used on sanchez in a DGW if he has one as I know he can play games in quick succession without getting injured unlike aguero.
    I'll be using my TC in a DGW as statistically it should give a slight edge but like everything in this game we don't know if it will work out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Great posts by Busts above. For once i agree with (and understand :)) your maths!

For anyone considering going for a strong front 8 while Aguero is missing and using the AOA GW12 looks a good option.

I'm considering it then with a front 8 along the lines of.....
    Hazard v sto
    kdb v avl
    Mane v sun
    Mahrez v WAT
    sanchez v TOT
    Murray v NEW
    Pelle v sun
    Vardy v WAT

A few more of the big hitters away than might be ideal but all with potentially big scores and on the other side of the coin not looking a great week for clean sheets for the cheaper defs or the likes of Bellerin or even Kolarov.

Might be able to work Sturridge in by then too who has Palace at home.

FHFC wrote: »
    Great posts by Busts above. For once i agree with (and understand :)) your maths!

For anyone considering going for a strong front 8 while Aguero is missing and using the AOA GW12 looks a good option.

I'm considering it then with a front 8 along the lines of.....
    Hazard v sto
    kdb v avl
    Mane v sun
    Mahrez v WAT
    sanchez v TOT
    Murray v NEW
    Pelle v sun
    Vardy v WAT

A few more of the big hitters away than might be ideal but all with potentially big scores and on the other side of the coin not looking a great week for clean sheets for the cheaper defs or the likes of Bellerin or even Kolarov.

Might be able to work Sturridge in by then too who has Palace at home.

FF has made me realise I have a mathematical brain or atleast I think I have:D
    Thats a very strong front 8. With no aguero its even more easy to go with now. If going with it you just need to accept you will leave points on the bench but treat it as a good sign as you can use that player the following week. Chances are if going with 4.5 mid you wouldnt have that benched player in your squad and you would now be looking to bring them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh it doesn't add anywhere near as much as the other new chips. A few extra points seems like it would be a great return. I am keeping it in case of a defensive injury crisis.

Think that's it in a nutshell.
    Saves a transfer could be considered a plus to it too but don't know how we can clearly quantify that aspect of it points-wise.

• Advertisement

FF has made me realise I have a mathematical brain or atleast I think I have:D
    Thats a very strong front 8. With no aguero its even more easy to go with now. If going with it you just need to accept you will leave points on the bench but treat it as a good sign as you can use that player the following week. Chances are if going with 4.5 mid you wouldnt have that benched player in your squad and you would now be looking to bring them in.

After i confirm my transfers this week I'll be 1 transfer away from that front 8 giving me some space to sort my defence.

If i can save a bit there I'd be able to squeeze Pellè to Sturridge at some point too.

Anyone got info on the no. of chips played?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ElTel wrote: »

FFFix have been publishing some on twitter not sure if they have the info on the site. That seems to most likely place to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ElTel wrote: »

https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2015/10/17/gw9-team-selection-and-stats/

I had actually forgotten all about that site this season! Thanks for the reminder!

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    I had actually forgotten all about that site this season! Thanks for the reminder!

I don't really pay attention to ownership stats until the top 10k settles down a bit Dec/Jan time, but it's useful for seeing GW average scores

Just make some random left field TC call and you might end up on premierleague.com :rolleyes:
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/oct/201015-fpl-gameweek9-in-numbers.html

The 2 people that TCed Herrera is probably even worse than Wijnaldum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Triple captain will be Aguero in a midweek game, hopefully Sunderland on a cold February night.

All out attack was used last week when I'd 3 defenders crocked.

The Bench Boost I'm not sure about, will I make transfers just to use it, not sure. Maybe just before or after a wildcard, but it'll be most likely a dodgy keeper and defender anyway.

Just make some random left field TC call and you might end up on premierleague.com :rolleyes:
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/oct/201015-fpl-gameweek9-in-numbers.html

The 2 people that TCed Herrera is probably even worse than Wijnaldum

I would worry about the 5,699 who tc'd Aguero!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Triple captain will be Aguero in a midweek game, hopefully Sunderland on a cold February night.

All out attack was used last week when I'd 3 defenders crocked.

The Bench Boost I'm not sure about, will I make transfers just to use it, not sure. Maybe just before or after a wildcard, but it'll be most likely a dodgy keeper and defender anyway.

Why midweek? TC is for a dgw and dgw only imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I used the chip I had the least expectation for in GW11 the AOA chip. Worked out well. Before using it my defense was gonna be bellerin, kolorov, Naughton. Attacking benched player was to be Gestede. Instead decided to use AOA and transfer Ighalo in for Gestede and play Ighalo as opposed to Naughton

Went for a strong front 8 with a view to using Aguero money to utilise the AOA chip, like many have done.

I'd been suggesting GW11 or 12 and 11 was the one for me as my defence was:
    Moreno (che), Naughton (ARS), Souare (inj), Martin (MCI) and Bellerin (swa).
    Not expecting more than 2 points from any of those except Bellerin and my 2 defs got clean sheets to put the icing on the cake.

My front 8 of Sterling, KDB, Mane, Mahrez and Sanchez, Pelle, Lukaku and Vardy would have seen me bench Mahrez like many did and play Moreno in 343 so using AOA gained me 13 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm thinking strongly of pulling the trigger on AOA. My defense is a little shaky looking this weekend with Souare injured, Evans vs utd and Nyom vs leicester. My two strong defenders are also away fixtures but they are Kolorov (avl) and Cedric (sun) - two pretty favourable fixtures compared the others.

My current front 8 are:
    • Sanchez vs TOT
    • Mahrez vs WAT
    • KdB vs avl
    • Payet vs EVE
    • Wanyama vs sun
    • Vardy vs WAT
    • Pelle vs sun
    • Martial vs WBA

I have two FTs and my Aguero slush fund ITB of 3.5m. So I'm thinking using it up to get the following:
    • Sanchez vs TOT
    • Mahrez vs WAT
    • KdB vs avl
    • Payet vs EVE
    • Tadic vs sun
    • Vardy vs WAT
    • Pelle vs sun
    • Benteke vs CPL

Any opinions on using AOA here?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

John83 wrote: »
    I'm thinking strongly of pulling the trigger on AOA. My defense is a little shaky looking this weekend with Souare injured, Evans vs utd and Nyom vs leicester. My two strong defenders are also away fixtures but they are Kolorov (avl) and Cedric (sun) - two pretty favourable fixtures compared the others.

My current front 8 are:
    • Sanchez vs TOT
    • Mahrez vs WAT
    • KdB vs avl
    • Payet vs EVE
    • Wanyama vs sun
    • Vardy vs WAT
    • Pelle vs sun
    • Martial vs WBA

I have two FTs and my Aguero slush fund ITB of 3.5m. So I'm thinking using it up to get the following:
    • Sanchez vs TOT
    • Mahrez vs WAT
    • KdB vs avl
    • Payet vs EVE
    • Tadic vs sun
    • Vardy vs WAT
    • Pelle vs sun
    • Benteke vs CPL

Any opinions on using AOA here?

I used my AOA chip a few weeks back when I had enough available defenders but didn't fancy their fixtures . I think I gained one maybe 2 points
    I now have a situation where I have only one definite starter this weekend in defence and one free transfer
    keep it and one of your transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd avoid Tadic AOA or not. Would wager you have defenders with higher points expectancy in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »
    Went for a strong front 8 with a view to using Aguero money to utilise the AOA chip, like many have done.

I'd been suggesting GW11 or 12 and 11 was the one for me as my defence was:
    Moreno (che), Naughton (ARS), Souare (inj), Martin (MCI) and Bellerin (swa).
    Not expecting more than 2 points from any of those except Bellerin and my 2 defs got clean sheets to put the icing on the cake.

My front 8 of Sterling, KDB, Mane, Mahrez and Sanchez, Pelle, Lukaku and Vardy would have seen me bench Mahrez like many did and play Moreno in 343 so using AOA gained me 13 points.

Is this the highest score gained by AOA?

Does anyone know if you can use the WC and one of your other chips in the one week? Probably not - considering using my BB the week of a DGW when I wildcard in players from teams in that DGW

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is this the highest score gained by AOA?

Does anyone know if you can use the WC and one of your other chips in the one week? Probably not - considering using my BB the week of a DGW when I wildcard in players from teams in that DGW

Only one chip per week. Seen a few bigger scores posted on FFS but it's definitely up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Playing my AOA chip this weekend. My defenders are Nyom, Bertrand, Dawson, Bellerin and Richards.

I really like the look of Scott Sinclair on Monday against Arsenal so I'm hoping he'll hold his place again this week. Leaves me with the following team:

Ruddy (SWA)
    Bertrand (sun), Dawson (mnu)
    Sinclair (MCI), Payet (EVE), De Bruyne (vil), Sanchez (TOT), Mahrez (LEI)
    Pelle (sun), Martial (WBA), Ighalo (lei)

Subs: McCarthy, Bellerin, Nyom, Richards

Now to decide on who to captain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

SantryRed wrote: »
    Playing my AOA chip this weekend. My defenders are Nyom, Bertrand, Dawson, Bellerin and Richards.

I really like the look of Scott Sinclair on Monday against Arsenal so I'm hoping he'll hold his place again this week. Leaves me with the following team:

Ruddy (SWA)
    Bertrand (sun), Dawson (mnu)
    Sinclair (MCI), Payet (EVE), De Bruyne (vil), Sanchez (TOT), Mahrez (LEI)
    Pelle (sun), Martial (WBA), Ighalo (lei)

Subs: McCarthy, Bellerin, Nyom, Richards

Now to decide on who to captain :pac:

I think that's a poor use of the AOA. A villa player against city is extemely unlikely to get anything. I'd say Nyom has a better chance of a clean sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think that's a poor use of the AOA. A villa player against city is extemely unlikely to get anything. I'd say Nyom has a better chance of a clean sheet.

City have conceded a goal in 7 of their last 8 games. They haven't looked as defensively solid either. Throw in the new manager buzz at Villa and I think it's worth a punt. I don't really think this chip is valuable and you could go through the whole season without ever seeing an opportunity (you'll see some in hindsight definitely though).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Would it not be best to hold on to these chips for a double game weeks, or am I mis-interpreting how and when they can be used?

Triple captain: 3 x 2 games
    AOA: Potentially 8 DGW attackers
    Bench boost: Potentially 30 players playing that week

Edit: Ignore, if I read the earlier posts on page 1, I would have gotten my answer

Would it not be best to hold on to these chips for a double game weeks, or am I mis-interpreting how and when they can be used?

Triple captain: 3 x 2 games
    AOA: Potentially 8 DGW attackers
    Bench boost: Potentially 30 players playing that week

Triple captain and bench boost yes. Aoa is the least valuable and comes down to luck a bit as one of your defenders can just as easily outscore your 8th attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I posted on the Transfer thread but had no joy in feedback.

I'm thinking of using AOA this week by getting rid of my 2 point bench fodder in Wanyama and getting in Coutinho instead. I think this is the only opportunity I have to have a strong front eight this season because once I get Aguero in a couple of weeks time, I'll be forced to get Wanyama back (or go for Stanislas).

Is this a somewhat okay decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

AdMMM wrote: »
    I posted on the Transfer thread but had no joy in feedback.

I'm thinking of using AOA this week by getting rid of my 2 point bench fodder in Wanyama and getting in Coutinho instead. I think this is the only opportunity I have to have a strong front eight this season because once I get Aguero in a couple of weeks time, I'll be forced to get Wanyama back (or go for Stanislas).

Is this a somewhat okay decision?

Yup.

Other rationale to use it would be if you had only two fit defenders, but then you'd likely have a poor 8th attacker.

• Advertisement

Thinking of using AOA chip.
    So would benching Ake (Sakhn and Ward other subs) and playing my Fr8 be a good move this week?
    Mahrez Ozil/Firmino Alli Payet KDB
    Aguero Vardy Lukaku

Wouldl be benching Ozil (or Lukaku if I bring in Firmino) otherwise.
    Thanking you in advance.

Advertisement