Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutribullet deal in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Got the ninja, thanks OP. Great machine

Got mine too - then spent a small fortune in Aldi on fruit, spinach on kale!
    Have my smoothie ready for the morning, I'm delighted 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I am loving my NutriNinja. I have a different juice every morning. It does mean you are going to the Fruit and Veg market every 3/4 days but it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I also caved and bought the Ninja (.....I'm weak when it comes to bargains :o). Have unboxed it and cleaned all the accessories, but have yet to use it.

Does anyone have some recipes/combinations they'd recommend or is there a thread on boards? Would love to get more vegetables into my diet (namely spinach, possibly Kale) but prefer sweet combinations.

Anyone have any ideas?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I also caved and bought the Ninja (.....I'm weak when it comes to bargains :o). Have unboxed it and cleaned all the accessories, but have yet to use it.

Does anyone have some recipes/combinations they'd recommend or is there a thread on boards? Would love to get more vegetables into my diet (namely spinach, possibly Kale) but prefer sweet combinations.

Here's one that I use, tastes relatively good and has everything the body needs! Down the hatch in 3-4 sups!

100ml of Almond Milk
    50ml of orange juice (optional).
    150ml of Water
    Fist of cashew nuts
    Fist of mixed leaves (I got a pack in Dunnes of Kale, Spinach, Beetroot)
    Fist of frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
    Tea spoon of flaxseed
    Two broccoli florets
    30grams (one scoop) of strawberry protein powder.
    3-4 big spoons of low-fat Greek yoghurt.

In the morning I try to have:
    500ml of Water
    35 grams of oats
    35 grams of protein powder (strawberry or banana)
    Tea spoon of flaxseed.

Here's a decent night-time snack (around 7-8pm)
    200ml of almond milk
    200ml of water
    30g of oats
    Half a banana
    3-4 big spoons of peanut butter
    30 grams of chocolate protein powder

My BF made me one last week that was to die for.

Handful of kale, banana, frozen pineapple, natural yoghurt, manuka honey and flaxseed.
    Seriously delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

is it worth getting this Ninja or opting for the 100W ninja (i know it's a higher price, but have heard it's far better). Just wondering if it's worth the extra....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Would yogurt be the best base for a thick smoothie and if so which would be best health wise? I've never had one and not good for fruit and veg so hoping the the Ninja will be good as a starting point of improving my diet.

toadfly wrote: »
    Would yogurt be the best base for a thick smoothie and if so which would be best health wise? I've never had one and not good for fruit and veg so hoping the the Ninja will be good as a starting point of improving my diet.

Low fat greek/natural yoghurt. Whatever one has the least amount of sugar. Check the label too.

Yes yoghurt is great for a thick smoothie.
    You could also try coconut milk (yum), really good with pineapple!

Or if you want a pure fruit/veg concoction, banana or avocado are both great choices for thickness. Avocado is tasteless in a smoothie but gives it a lovely creamy richness - and also very good for you!

Avocado is tasteless in a smoothie but gives it a lovely creamy richness - and also very good for you!

Thanks both!

Love this tip, any others that are good for me but dont affect the taste?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

This thread is for Bargain Alerts, specifically Nutribullet.ninja deals in Argos, See below for Food & Drink Forums/Nutrition & Diet Forums

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=982

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=35

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Whatever you do stay away from Moore street when buying fruit. I bought a load of fruit(15 Euro) and when I got home most of it was bruised and squishy, Lots of the berries were also moldy.

Nutri bullet and ninjas gone back up in price but may come down again?

I have a code for the Nutribullet for Galway, collection 28/10-04/11, let me know if anyone wants it. €82.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Pogmothone wrote: »
    Whatever you do stay away from Moore street when buying fruit. I bought a load of fruit(15 Euro) and when I got home most of it was bruised and squishy, Lots of the berries were also moldy.

All the better! ..nothing worse than a smoothie with unripe bananas.

Young lad at one of the stalls, looks Vietnamese, just up from Plunkett, heading towards Henry Street, sells 10 bananas for a euro.

A pinch of oats will thicken any smoothie, they are obliterated, so, fine to add to savoury or sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

As the price has gone up, I have a code for the Nutribullet for Liffey valley, collection by today, let me know if anyone wants it. €82.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I have a code for the Nutribullet for Galway, collection 28/10-04/11, let me know if anyone wants it. €82.99
    PM'ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Late to this, but just wondering if anyone would have a reservation code for either for bullet or the ninja for any store in Limerick?

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

deep1 wrote: »
    As the price has gone up, I have a code for the Nutribullet for Liffey valley, collection by today, let me know if anyone wants it. €82.99

Gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

Will Argos honour the price at the time of the reservation? I reserved a Ninja and a Bullet in Galway yesterday but read up a little and it seemed that the Argos policy was that you pay the price of the product on the day of purchase ... not what's on the reservation. Am I mistaken?

BTW, I'm going to buy either the Bullet or the Ninja later today (if they'll honour the price) so I'll offer the other code here once I decide on which one ... both valid until 04/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

nmacu wrote: »
    Will Argos honour the price at the time of the reservation? I reserved a Ninja and a Bullet in Galway yesterday but read up a little and it seemed that the Argos policy was that you pay the price of the product on the day of purchase ... not what's on the reservation. Am I mistaken?

BTW, I'm going to buy either the Bullet or the Ninja later today (if they'll honour the price) so I'll offer the other code here once I decide on which one ... both valid until 04/11.

They tend to give it to you for the price on the reservation if you ask, but it's not something they have to do.

Great. Thanks. I'll give it a go later. Both are supposed to be available from today until Nov 4.

Great. Thanks. I'll give it a go later. Both are supposed to be available from today until Nov 4.
    Unless they were ordered they only keep reservations until the end of the following day.

Price may show as valid till 4/11?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

disgusted I missed this offer - any other good offers on the nutriB would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Wasn't available in store yesterday ... so the reservation is slightly different to the standard one. This is what I got in the e-mail:

"Reserved - will be available to collect from: Wednesday October 28th to Wednesday November 4th 2015"

It's probably coming from a different store but it may not be there when I call over later. Hopefully they'll honour the price.

My Salter NutriPro (1000watt) arrived today. Will test it out tonight and see how it goes. Worked out around 70euro delivered with Parcel Motel.

Wasn't available in store yesterday ... so the reservation is slightly different to the standard one. This is what I got in the e-mail:

"Reserved - will be available to collect from: Wednesday October 28th to Wednesday November 4th 2015"

It's probably coming from a different store but it may not be there when I call over later. Hopefully they'll honour the price.

Once the price is on the email of the reservation they should honour it. That's what happens in most stores. Just show them the reservation email and Staff get manager to adjust the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

My Salter NutriPro (1000watt) arrived today. Will test it out tonight and see how it goes. Worked out around 70euro delivered with Parcel Motel.

Great value considering euronics are charging €€99 in their current flyer.
    I got the Ninja the other day, pleasantly surprised with how the smoothies with kale & spinach taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

My recipe advise.

Put 2 to 3 parts veg to 1 part fruit. Check for taste. If it tastes nice, great. If it tastes mank, quit whinging and just down it.

Advertisement