Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutribullet deal in Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Jesper

What's the difference between the nutribullets and nutri ninja bl460?
    The ninja is 900 watt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Do carrots do well in it or stay chunky?
    I want one so much but I can't get to an Argos this week :(

They blend well and add some sweetness to it as well. That recipe has a slight bit of roughage that sits at the top of the drink but it's easy to drink, although you might have to hold your nose the first few times before you get used to it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Cheers OP, just reserved one for collection. I actually passed them the other day in Debenhams and thought I must actually check around and see are they reduced anywhere. Completely forgot til I saw this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Do carrots do well in it or stay chunky?
    I want one so much but I can't get to an Argos this week :(

If you can find one in a store that is order able (as opposed to in stock), it should be kept til next week

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

The nutri ninja is also on offer anyone know which is better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The nutri ninja is also on offer anyone know which is better?

The Nutri Ninja Pro would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Got a Ninja, way bigger than i was expecting :D taking it out of the box.

I wonder whats next considering they are clearing out all these, maybe that V8 one from top gear

• Registered Users Posts: 32 barbie1

Noticed it doesnt come with any mugs etc. Would I use them? Do you use them if you have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

just got the ninja,

10er cheaper and apparently blends a bit better with 900w motor.
    also the cups fit in drinks holders better and are nicer to drink out of with no threads on the top of them.

feck all in the difference really though, bullet looks better if that bothers you

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

I've just reserved the ninja thanks😀

• Advertisement

booooonzo wrote: »
    just got the ninja,

10er cheaper and apparently blends a bit better with 900w motor.
    also the cups fit in drinks holders better and are nicer to drink out of with no threads on the top of them.

feck all in the difference really though, bullet looks better if that bothers you

Question: when using the version of the ninja on sale do you have to hold down the container when it blends? Think then the auto iq version you don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lots of the Ninja in stock - http://www.checkargos.com/?search=379/6586
    This review says the Ninja might be a better choice
    Anyone here tried both and got a recommendation ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, this Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender Family Pack gets better reviews on Amazon than either and is a good bit cheaper.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think they are all the same and the only reason the nutribullet is reduced is to compete with the cheaper ones available now. I have the nutribullet by the way.

Easy receipe for protein rich pancakes for breakfast or snacking.

3 full eggs
    3 egg whites
    45g Oats
    50g Natural Yogurt
    50g whey protein powder (I use vanilla).

Blend together and fry for yummy pancakes. Too with some peanut butter and banana and you have a well balanced breakfast or snack for any time during the day :)

I use one of those one egg pans and get about 9 pancakes from that mix. Each one is 76 calories, 3G fat, 4g carbs, 8g protein before you add anything to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭gipi

Question: when using the version of the ninja on sale do you have to hold down the container when it blends? Think then the auto iq version you don't?

Yes, you have to hold down the container.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Any recommendations on where to buy ingredients for it?

I got some stuff in Aldi (both fresh fruit/veg and frozen fruit) and seemed decent enough value

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

I've gotta stop looking at this Bargain thread, more money spent :) thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Warnings on the frozen fruit these days so be careful.... Personally love the stuff but chances of getting Hep A from some of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

epopnomis wrote: »
    Warnings on the frozen fruit these days so be careful.... Personally love the stuff but chances of getting Hep A from some of it...

ALDI don't have the warnings on the Fruit and have a decent selection,and I find Dunnes pretty good for the frozen blueberries, strawberries and blackberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I got a price match on 2 yesterday in curry's Galway, they couldn't believe the price they were in Argos and had to ring the manager to ok the match! they have black and graphite in galway no red but i might bring one back and exchange for red when they are in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

ALDI don't have the warnings on the Fruit and have a decent selection,and I find Dunnes pretty good for the frozen blueberries, strawberries and blackberries.

Food Safety Authority issue a warning for all products

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Supervalu do Irish frozen blueberries I think which should be ok, frozen mango and pineapple from aldi should be ok too then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

for those who got the bullet or the ninja, how many cups did you get with yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think the auto one simulates you stopping and starting it. But it is so quick to blend its not much bother holding it down manually. I would not want a pulse only bog standard food processor, but this does not bother me. Its amazing to see what it can do in literally 2 seconds.
    Any recommendations on where to buy ingredients for it?
    tesco often sell off over ripe bananas for next to nothing. You can slice them up into ice cube size and freeze them, this also chills your smoothie without diluting it like ice would. Over ripe bananas are best for smoothies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

foggy_lad wrote: »
    for those who got the bullet or the ninja, how many cups did you get with yours?

Got the ninja, 2 cups, one 500ml, the other 650ml, and travel cup lids for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Supervalu do Irish frozen blueberries I think which should be ok, frozen mango and pineapple from aldi should be ok too then

Really? What is the brand?
    There is an Irish named company that supplies them to Tesco but when I enquired their berries were foreign too and the warning applied to them too.
    I'd be delighted to hear of a safe Irish source.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

Cheers OP! Got the ninja!!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Cheers op got the bullet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Cheers op got the bullet
    Wow, You took a bullet for Bargain Alerts, are you ok?

• Advertisement

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Cheers op got the bullet

What containers come with it? :)

Advertisement