Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fingal General Election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

I see someone has seen fit to deface some Fine Gael posters on the road into Balbriggan at St George's NS. I noticed one Alan Farrell poster with an X through it and another Fine Gael poster with "TRAITORS" added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I know I give them a hard time,the lot of them,but there are time's you have to give credit and respect to those, even in parties ye can't abide ,,, so even though I'm no holy Joe, I'll say a small prayer for Councillor Joe Crowley ,who died this evening while out canvassing for that Willie O'Dea below in Limerick.He died doing some thing he believed in and obviously was trying in his way to make our great country a better place for us all to live in,it is people like him,down over the year's,who have made our country what it is and in no small sacrifice to them selves and their families.
    As long as we have people of Councillor Joe Crowley's calibre in our community's and those that embrace and practice their belief in democracy,then our country can never really go far wrong. Councillor Joe Crowley --- RIP

http://www.thejournal.ie/fianna-fail-councillor-canvassing-dies-2606035-Feb2016/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

dslamjack wrote: »
    I know I give them a hard time,the lot of them,but there are time's you have to give credit and respect to those, even in parties ye can't abide ,,, so even though I'm no holy Joe, I'll say a small prayer for Councillor Joe Crowley ,who died this evening while out canvassing for that Willie O'Dea below in Limerick.He died doing some thing he believed in and obviously was trying in his way to make our great country a better place for us all to live in,it is people like him,down over the year's,who have made our country what it is and in no small sacrifice to them selves and their families.
    As long as we have people of Councillor Joe Crowley's calibre in our community's and those that embrace and practice their belief in democracy,then our country can never really go far wrong. Councillor Joe Crowley --- RIP

http://www.thejournal.ie/fianna-fail-councillor-canvassing-dies-2606035-Feb2016/

God rest him - and what a shock for his family. RIP.

An evening round up.....

FINE GAEL’S CHANCES of being re-elected to government have taken a further blow tonight with the party dropping to 26% in the latest Red C opinion poll.
    The poll for the Irish Sun shows Enda Kenny’s party down two points on its position last weekend.
    But most significantly Fine Gael has now fallen five points in the same tracking poll since the election started nearly a fortnight ago.
    Labour’s support has increased to 9% (up 1) but the combined support for the government parties of 35% leaves them well-short of the numbers needed to be re-elected with just 10 days until voting.
    There’s also bad news for Sinn Féin which lost the gains it made in last Sunday’s poll published in the Sunday Business Post. The party now reverts to 17% (down 3).
    There’s better news for Fianna Fáil, which is on 19% (up 1), and for independents who are on 18% (up 2).
    The Green Party is now on 4% (up 2), the Social Democrats are on 3% (down 1), AAA-PBP is on 2% (down 1), and Renua is on 2% (up 1).
    The poll shows that the number of undecideds is also falling with just 9% of voters left to make their mind up – that’s down 3 percentage points from the last poll.
    The Red C/Irish Sun poll was carried out between last Thursday and last night, but closed before 9pm – so it was taken before the RTÉ leaders’ debate.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/news/second-poll-battering-for-fine-gael-as-coalitions-reelection-hopes-continue-to-wane-34459684.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-new-poll-bad-2608133-Feb2016/

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2016-fine-gael-slip-two-points-in-latest-opinion-poll-1.2537218

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

An evening round up.....

FINE GAEL’S CHANCES of being re-elected to government have taken a further blow tonight with the party dropping to 26% in the latest Red C opinion poll.
    The poll for the Irish Sun shows Enda Kenny’s party down two points on its position last weekend.
    But most significantly Fine Gael has now fallen five points in the same tracking poll since the election started nearly a fortnight ago.
    Labour’s support has increased to 9% (up 1) but the combined support for the government parties of 35% leaves them well-short of the numbers needed to be re-elected with just 10 days until voting.
    There’s also bad news for Sinn Féin which lost the gains it made in last Sunday’s poll published in the Sunday Business Post. The party now reverts to 17% (down 3).
    There’s better news for Fianna Fáil, which is on 19% (up 1), and for independents who are on 18% (up 2).
    The Green Party is now on 4% (up 2), the Social Democrats are on 3% (down 1), AAA-PBP is on 2% (down 1), and Renua is on 2% (up 1).
    The poll shows that the number of undecideds is also falling with just 9% of voters left to make their mind up – that’s down 3 percentage points from the last poll.
    The Red C/Irish Sun poll was carried out between last Thursday and last night, but closed before 9pm – so it was taken before the RTÉ leaders’ debate.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/news/second-poll-battering-for-fine-gael-as-coalitions-reelection-hopes-continue-to-wane-34459684.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-new-poll-bad-2608133-Feb2016/

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2016-fine-gael-slip-two-points-in-latest-opinion-poll-1.2537218

I'd love to believe that FG popularity was dropping but I really believe that polls mean nothing. Exit polls are the only real reliable ones.

SF for example generally poll well as they are doing now, but their voters simply don't go out and vote on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Latest odds from Paddy Power

hm0eIbB.jpg

Dublin Fingal
    Clare Daly (United Left) 1/40
    Alan Farrell (Fine Gael) 1/2
    Terry Kelleher (AAA-PBP) 14/1
    Darragh O'Brien (Fianna Fail) 1/14
    Barry Martin (AAA-PBP) 7/2
    Roslyn Fuller (Ind) 50/1
    James Reilly (Fine Gael) 2/9
    Tony Murphy (Ind) 6/1
    Marcus De Brun (Ind) 66/1
    Brendan Ryan (Labour) 4/11
    Joe O'Brien (Green Party) 9/1
    Gerry Molloy (Renua) 66/1
    Louise O'Reilly (Sinn Fein) 2/5
    Lorraine Clifford-Lee (Fianna Fail) 12/1
    Fergal O'Connell (Ind) 500/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

jwwb wrote: »
    Dublin Fingal
    Roslyn Fuller (Ind) 50/1
    Tony Murphy (Ind) 6/1

looks like the Bookies have been following this thread:D

3 are a shoe in, Reilly probably taking the 4th seat with a dog fight for the last between F/G and S/F, FARRELL 1/2 AND O'REILLY 2/5

Yor're right of couse D
    Originally posted by Rubberdiddies --- I'd love to believe that FG popularity was dropping but I really believe that polls mean nothing. Exit polls are the only real reliable ones.
    ,,,,err even the exit poll's , big lump of salt.
    What about Shane Ross and the Independent Alliance , could they have a hand in the next set up? maybe as in FG ,Lab- Ind Alliance a possible ,there again will they be in a position to make up the numbers in what ever unholy matrimonial denominator occurs?

The shortest odd's on P/P, for the next Gov't

FG/FF 6/5

Read it and weep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

jwwb wrote: »
    Dublin Fingal
    Roslyn Fuller (Ind) 50/1
    Tony Murphy (Ind) 6/1

Those odds are a good reason not to bet with Paddy Power. They're saying the final seat is a run off between Farrell and O'Reilly but have them both as odds on favourites!

• Advertisement

From https://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/2016/02/10/dublin-at-the-election/
    Dublin Fingal (5) Clare Daly (Inds4Change), Alan Farrell (FG), James Reilly(FG), Brendan Ryan (Lab) are the sitting TDs, all are contesting. There’s an extra seat with the addition of some areas around Swords and elsewhere. This is probably FFs best chance of a seat in Dublin with Darragh O’Brien and Lorraine Clifford running for them. Private polling reportedly had O’Brien getting over quota. Louise O’Reilly running for Sinn Fein here, Daly has a running mate in Barry Martin. Terry Kelleher is running for AAAPBP,Joe O’Brien for The Greens, Independent Tony Murphy could poll well too. Logic says the same four with the addition of O’Brien but there really should be a second Left seat here. …….. A hunch is though that Murphy may surprise. If Ryan is ahead of Reilly or Farrell he should hold on. Farrell to lose.
    1 FF, 1 FG, 1 Lab, 1 Ind4Change, 1 Ind

I did't know there was a reduction of 8 seat's from 166 to 158,that 8 less to worry about as long as they sorted their bar tab's before they left, I suppose.
    As the Dail ended with an FG 67/Lab 34 =101 ,the others = 63, which gave the present coalition a majority of 38 seat's, now minus 8 seat's, which equal's 30 seat's.
    So they have to lose in the region of 25/30 seat's to be in trouble,are my sum's right?

based on figure's here ...http://www.breakingnews.ie/maintopics/election-2016/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_of_the_31st_D%C3%A1il

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_general_election,_2016

So I think it's time for us to make some predictions on the breakdown of the vote- transfers in DNC

My twopence

Daly elected on the 2nd /3rd count, and heads the poll
    O'Brien polls well, and is elected 3rd /4Th. count after his FF colleague eliminated
    Next in is Ryan, after the elimination of 3 or 4 of the smaller party's say count 5/6
    Now the big surprise, Farrell is ahead of Reilly, and the elimination of more smaller candidates puts Farrell over the quota after Reilly eliminated count 8/9.
    SF take the last seat, without reaching the quota.

Thoughts ?

I see Senator Darragh O’Brien FF talking about social housing to the North County Leader, is calling for more social houses to be built in the North County area, following the revelation that there has been a 359 per cent increase on the social housing waiting list in Fingal.
    That's truly marvellous coming from FF,who basically stopped all social housing build's and sold off existing social housing,to facilitate their own personal wealth and that of their cronies.
    And to be fair FG/Lab haven't done much to reduce or ease the crisis,and have probably made it even worse by reducing rent allowance's in the first place,not that I ever agreed with them or ''public landlord's'' in the first place.
    Looking at Ballymun,the regeneration scheme was stopped with about 1.5 billion euro's outstanding to complete the project.
    Practically the only land left in Ballymun that can be built on now lie's in the Fingal.C.C area,basically the land to the north up to the M50 and west up to Finglas.
    Building north of the M50 is prohibited by the Airport.
    That cost does not include Metro North and the cost of that 2.5 billion now= 5 billion by the time it's completed and another 1 billion for 10,000 on current F.C.C housing list,that all comes to about 5 billion in all(at today's prices) to resolve some of Fingal's most pressing infrastructure need's---yep it's election time all right.

North County Leader..http://www.northcountyleader.ie/2016/02/16/obrien-blasts-social-housing-waiting-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

For all their faults I don't remember social housing being an issue under FF. Their problem was having too many houses built, not too few.

The biggest issue is NIMBYISM - everybody wants to solve the homeless crisis, so long as the housing doesn't land near their back yard.

My prediction:
    Daly on first count with a significant amount over quota. Now at 1:80 odds on to get elected.
    O'Brien with FF on just over a quota but not enough to bring Clifford-Lee in
    FG1 probably James Reilly
    Louise O'Reilly as polls indicate that SF have enough for a quota
    I'm going to go with a 3 way battle for the last seat. Farrell, Ryan and Martin. Martin to make it to the last 3 by getting ahead on Daly's transfers and then hoovering up the other left candidates votes. I can see either Ryan or Farrell at the bottom and getting eliminated. If it's Farrell, Ryan to receive most of his votes. If it's Ryan at the bottom going to be really interesting how many go to Farrell (vote for the government) vs stays on the left and goes to Martin.

Interesting the three candidates are claiming a strong personal vote that means they will out perform their party's polling figures.

I think ,Clare ,Ryan,Reilly, with the big fight between Farrell/O'Brien/Murphy,and of course Sinn Fein, it's very hard to call,literally any thing could happen,I have a gut feeling the coalition will be all right on the night as they say, for all the negative press about the water etc,
    I think people will as usual err on the side of caution,it won't be a political bloodbath like 2011.
    The Left has become too fragmented for it's own good and that is never good,when trying to consolidate a popular vote,although Sinn Fein's vote management and tactic's are second to none,Louise O'Reilly could easily clinch a seat,I reckon their might be recourse to the court's after numerous recount's and much recrimination before the fat lady sing's.

Originally posted by Kennyb3--For all their faults I don't remember social housing being an issue under FF. Their problem was having too many houses built, not too few.
    The policy of social housing being sold off was started under FF,following the Tories in the UK and the old guff of council tenant's ''having the right to buy their own homes''.
    Let Market Forces Rule and Deregulation(cheap sale of state asset's to friend's in low place's)were the order of the day,the ESAT DEAL+ Billions made -- say no more.

In fairness,it was all part of the thinking of the time of selling any thing in public ownership for the''benefit of society LOL'' --- Eircom + the share's etc , come to mind.
    The council's and corporation's naturally jumped at the chance,they never wanted social housing on their book's with the cost's,overhead's, staff number's maintenance etc.
    It was also a big business mantra of the time,as it is now , reduce direct staff number's,sell off property asset's and lease them back at massive rent's(by which time those with the money were gone).
    So naturally council's etc they jumped at the chance to off load their housing stock's---if my memory serves me right ,in the Millennium year 1988, houses in Ballymun were let go for as little as 10k.
    A lad that worked with me bought his mothers house in Finglas on a corner site,got planning for 2 house's and sold all 3,and fair play that's what the Septic Tiger was all about.
    This was also at a time, when our school's were urged to sell land set aside for expansion,sport's and recreation to pay for their building need's.
    At that time FF and their building buddies were too busy building house's to bother about penny contract's like school's/hospital's etc.
    Mary Harney had the hospital's covered,private investor's(LOL AGAIN) were going to transform our health service,by building private hospitals on public land,because big business and private investor's loved us all so much they were going to pay for it all at no cost to the Taxpayer and the Patient's that used the service (LOL AGAIN).
    Ahh yes I was forgetting, was it 10% of the total development was to be signed over by the developer's to meet social housing need's in the locality(which removed the requirement for the local authority to provide social housing)as a requirement of the planning permission.
    It did't take the developer's long to get around that one(after a case where a council tenant was given a 1million euro appt on the quay's).
    And of course we all remember all the shops, school's , play ground's,football and recreational facilities that the developer's were going to provide as a part of the planning permission's that had been granted and how strictly and rigorously these planning requirement's were going to be enforced.

Sean O Rourke interviewed Fr McVerry and Sister Stan last week, they were Right -- homelessness is't even top of the agenda or even near it --it's all lip service from the 3 main parties -- election fodder.
    One thing they did ask all of to do when a politician called to our door,ASK them- Do they know how many children are currently homeless in the state -- last Thursday ,that figure was 1864.
    No Homlessness,the Flood's below,Crime,Health Service etc is all just talk and election speak,for the lot of them.
    The truly sickening thing is that the coalition,could have shown just a little bottle with the Gerries and the French,if they had even burned a fraction of those involved,let alone the bond holder's they could have saved the state 10/20 billion let alone the 8 billion they talk about,if they had ''right sided or right sized '' the bond holders.That could easily have solved the housing ,flooding and hospital problem's,in half the time it took the French to surrender to the German's in the last war,and a quarter of the time it took our brave Irish lad's to go over and get their country back off the German's for them,while they sat back eating frog's leg's and making orrible sauce's,ye wouldn't give to the dog.

Hi dslamjack,

There is a lot of bluster in that post above, a lot of commentary and generalisations. How about you point out a specific example of the below where a TD got personally rich from selling off social housing?

Just so, you know, we have something tangible to discuss.
    That's truly marvellous coming from FF,who basically stopped all social housing build's and sold off existing social housing,to facilitate their own personal wealth and that of their cronies.

The truly sickening thing is that the coalition,could have shown just a little bottle with the Gerries and the French,if they had even burned a fraction of those involved,let alone the bond holder's they could have saved the state 10/20 billion let alone the 8 billion they talk about,if they had ''right sided or right sized '' the bond holders.

How did that work out for the Greek's when they threatened it? (real well I remember) You're not Yanis Varoufakis by any chance? How's the Greek health service going and homeless crisis? Wasn't there 20,000 homeless in Athens alone (out of 660,000 population) in August 2015?

what would happen the banking facilities in the country when we defaulted?

Where do you think we'd really be right now with that? Paying back our debts in punt nua, with high interest rates and a devalued currency with crippled FDI levels. Yeah that would fix all the problems in the health service alright.

You're taking about politicians been populist yet you seem to be spouting non sensical guff.

• Advertisement

On the issue of homelessness/Health Service /Crime /Shannon Flooding in other word's all the main state capital expenditure,if the next government is truly serious about the housing crisis and the health service then it will need to retain the universal social charge(USC).
    To do anything else would be foolhardy,Rory Hearne of TASC(think tank for action on social change)make's very compelling argument's for the retention of the USC in an article on the Journal.ie....http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/opinion-usc-universal-social-charge-cuts-2468372-Nov2015/

As usual their is a lot of election speak/talk of addressing the issue's all with very little substance the usual flim flam about how it will be payed for.
    You have to hand it to them for originality for '' the Fiscal Space'' spin doctoring at it's finest,who ever came up with that deserve's to keep their job,that's the kind of original thinking we need to solve this country's problem's.
    To solve the housing crisis , a National Housing Agency(NHA),should be established(the opposite of Nama),financed by the sale of Nama asset's and subsidised by revenue gathered by the USC.
    Every step humanly possible should be taken to learn from and avoid the whole sorry debacle that is Irish Water.
    In addition County and Regional housing association's,along the lines of the County Enterprise board's,again with no political influence on their board's should be set up to co-ordinate/liaise and facilitate local housing need's in conjunction with the NHA.

An example of this,is the Ballymun Regeneration Scheme(BRS),which was doing a tremendous job of regenerating Ballymun till funding for the project was pulled.
    But the Ballymun project show's what can be done ,when proper finance is provided to local people ,with little or no political interference and proper logistical support provided,then no problem is to big or no challenge too daunting,if the history of this country proves anything, it proves one thing -- Give people the Tool's and they will do the Job.

Rory Hearne of TASC -- his excellent article in the journal.ie is here ....http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/opinion-usc-universal-social-charge-cuts-2468372-Nov2015/

http://www.tasc.ie/

Thank God for Wikipedia --- FINNA FAIL can't corrupt that ... Mahon Tribunal extract ---During the formation of the new Ahern Government in June 1997, questions about the suitability of the appointment of Burke as a minister were raised. Ahern asked Dermot Ahern to investigate and defended Burke with the infamous statement:

I've looked up every tree in North Dublin.
    Burke was appointed to the Government but resigned in September following further public revelations and questions.

£10,000 reward[edit]
    There had long been speculation about the extent of corruption underlying these planning decisions, and there had been several Gardaí inquiries in the 1980s and 1990s but these failed to uncover evidence.

Michael Smith, later to become chairman of environmental body An Taisce and barrister Colm Mac Eochaidh, later a Fine Gael candidate in Dublin South–East in the 2002 general election now a High Court Judge, in 1995 co-sponsored a £10,000 reward[7] for information leading to convictions for planning corruption.

James Gogarty, a retired employee of construction firm JSME, responded with information about payments to Ray Burke, a Government Minister and former Chairman of Dublin County Council.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahon_Tribunal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Lawlor

Frank Dunlop ..Dunlop himself has been charged with corruption – to which his reply was 'we always knew this day was coming and I will not be contesting the charges'.[4]

The lands in question have been the subject of investigation by The Mahon Tribunal in 2003 and 2004.

On 26 May 2009, he was sentenced to two years in prison for corruption, with the final six months suspended.[5] He was released from prison on 10 July 2010, having served 14 months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Dunlop_(journalist)

George Redmond was Assistant City and County Manager at Dublin Corporation in 1988. A planning application had been lodged with Dublin County Council on 1 October 1982 to build 206 houses at Forrest Road Swords. A 5-year Planning Permission was approved.

James Gogarty deposed on 12 October 1998 that Redmond had received payments from Mr Joseph Murphy. The Tribunal investigated these payments and concluded.:

That Redmond devised a strategy which resulted in the service charge and levies payable upon the development of lands at Forrest Road being fixed at their 1983 level for a period of two years after the expiry of the Planning Permission on 21 June 1988

George Redmond(died today RIP)...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Redmond

Bertie Ahearne ..the minister with no bank account's -- organised the biggest whip around in human history ....Bertie Ahern[edit]
    Following allegations that he had received payments from developer Owen O'Callaghan, the tribunal began an investigation of the finances of then Taoiseach Bertie Ahern. Ahern and O'Callaghan denied that any such payments had taken place. Details of specific transactions under investigation were leaked to the press and questions were asked in the Dáil. During a September 2006 interview with RTÉ's Bryan Dobson Ahern denied that he had received any illegal payments and claimed that some of the transactions related to unsolicited dig-outs from friends during his legal separation proceedings in 1993 and 1994. Further transactions relating to the purchase of his house and foreign currency conversions became public during the lead up to the 2007 general election. The tribunal postponed sittings for the duration of the campaign. Ahern was re-elected Taoiseach and attended the tribunal for witness questioning in September and December 2007 and February 2008.

During a heated exchange between Ahern and Judge Mahon on 22 February 2008, Ahern stated that his former partner, Celia Larkin, received a loan of IR£30,000 from a special Fianna Fáil fundraising account to buy a house.[12] After the exchange, opposition leaders called for the Taoiseach's resignation.[13] On 20 March Ahern's former secretary, Gráinne Carruth, was forced, on evidence presented to her by the tribunal, to accept as a matter of probability that a lodgement of 15,000 pounds she had made into an account on Ahern's behalf had been in sterling. This directly contradicted to Ahern's previous assertion that the money was from his salary. Carruth had also broken down while making this admission, whereas she had previously backed up Ahern's testimony, provoking condemnation of Ahern for betraying her loyalty by forcing her to go through with her appearance. On 2 April, Ahern announced his intention to resign from the position of Taoiseach, effective 6 May 2008.

And that way only the tip of the iceberg,and what we are all paying for now ... once a Finna Failer always one ... they never change ... remember their arrogance when you go to vote

Again thank God for wikipedia ---Europe in 2010 had a nominal GDP of $19.920 trillion[1] (30.2% of the world). Europe's largest national economy is that of Germany, which ranks fourth globally in nominal GDP, and fifth in purchasing power parity (PPP) GDP;[3] followed by the United Kingdom, ranking fifth globally in nominal GDP, followed by France, ranking sixth globally in nominal GDP, followed by Italy, which ranks seventh globally in nominal GDP, followed by Russia ranking tenth globally in nominal GDP then by Spain ranking thirteenth globally in nominal GDP.[4]

Yep the Gerries were gonna choke on their mouldy sour kraut and cabbage .. over 10 billion ... the Volkwagon lie telling debacle will probably cost them 10 times that by the time the Yank's are finished with them... and the Yank's don't mind mentioning the war or Hermann Goering sandwiches.
    And also the Gerries woul't even have their own country if our brave Irish lad's had't help sort their country when they made a mess of it and the whole of Europe.

And P.S Carlberg is probably the best lager in the world(brewed by Dane's)-- also the Greek's don't like the Turks --- it's a local thing,couple of thousand year's old -- they still don't like the Gerries either after the last war --you won't get too many Gerries leaving their towel's on the sunbed's in Crete or on the beach in Milos either,their well remembered there too.

Before I go off to the Top Shop , meself and herself were on hollier's in the Canaries during the Falklans War in 1982(the argies had just invaded),anyhoo we were the only Irish in the hotel ,which was made up nearly 50% Gerry to 49% Brit,well I don't know who it was, but someone came back to the hotel during the night,LOCKED must have been Paralytic and threw all the Gerries towels in to the pool.
    I being a very heavy sleeper,(I was very religious back then and did not drink water on friday's)did't wake to the near breakout of world war 3 the following morning when the Brit's and Gerries came to fisticup's over who threw the towel's in the pool.
    There were 3 ambulances and the local policia and the national civil guard still there when I got up at lunch hour,the local policia stayed till the night to keep them separated,I'm just sorry I was't able to help heal the dispute,that's the kinda guy I am.
    Has this any thing to do with the election,probably not apart from,you should never trust German Bank's,they steal towel's, and they sell terrible car's that pollute our beautiful planet..never did believe we were a united Europe,,fluck it's gone 6,top shop time cye.

pS the Gerries don't have a sense of humour(Micheal Hasselhoff)pre baywatch days is still their rock idol.. the spanish cop's ,battened a couple of Brit's for mentioning the Falkland's,I just wanted to sing --I want to teach the world to sing

Again thank God for wikipedia ---Europe in 2010 had a nominal GDP of $19.920 trillion[1] (30.2% of the world). Europe's largest national economy is that of Germany, which ranks fourth globally in nominal GDP, and fifth in purchasing power parity (PPP) GDP;[3] followed by the United Kingdom, ranking fifth globally in nominal GDP, followed by France, ranking sixth globally in nominal GDP, followed by Italy, which ranks seventh globally in nominal GDP, followed by Russia ranking tenth globally in nominal GDP then by Spain ranking thirteenth globally in nominal GDP.[4]

Yep the Gerries were gonna choke on their mouldy sour kraut and cabbage .. over 10 billion ... the Volkwagon lie telling debacle will probably cost them 10 times that by the time the Yank's are finished with them... and the Yank's don't mind mentioning the war or Hermann Goering sandwiches.
    And also the Gerries woul't even have their own country if our brave Irish lad's had't help sort their country when they made a mess of it and the whole of Europe.

And P.S Carlberg is probably the best lager in the world(brewed by Dane's)-- also the Greek's don't like the Turks --- it's a local thing,couple of thousand year's old -- they still don't like the Gerries either after the last war --you won't get too many Gerries leaving their towel's on the sunbed's in Crete or on the beach in Milos either,their well remembered there too.

More utter tripe with some casual racism thrown in for good measure.

VW is a private company.

Burning bondholders (not all german) is a totally different subject than vw.

Impossible to talk seriously with all the generalisations and frog legs and the like.

Good luck I'm out. You can spout away all you like.

Originally posted by ? I don't even attack the poster or the post,I'm too nice ---More utter tripe with some casual racism thrown in for good measure.

VW is a private company.

Impossible to talk seriously with all the generalisations and frog legs and the like.

Good luck I'm out. You can spout away all you like.

Coming from an obvious FIANNA FAILER ,that's a compliment -- what a precious lickle flower --- Racism , ye obvisously never had a pint with a brit's or Jocks(you probably think that 's slang for underware)or them leek eating taff's when they've beaten us at rugby,or worse still them Aussie's (great lager -xxx- Fosters- orible vegimite sandwiches - xxx Kylie)when they beat us at rugby.. and then start singing.
    Aib + BOI were private company's --- Not NOW

The Volkswagon Car was designed by a certain Herr Adolf Hitler--- and that company's HR history would not make for good bed time reading.

you're right,some were French,but their bank's esp BNP Paribas were equally as greedy as their German counterpart's.They were most certainly not in favour of letting Market forces sort out the euro and their own bank's over indebtedness -- no that mantra died a death.

Yep I bet you believe all that nonsense about team building, work hard play hard, and their's no I in team-- all the crap, silk fingered criminal's in fine silk suit's like Mr Drumm and Mr Fingelton told their staff's before they disappeared in to the sunset with carpet bag's of money,and like the poor workers of Clerey's,and like so many other workers around this country,were left to pick up the piece's and still are ,because ignorant know all's,that know all about nothing,and were so stupid and so naive, they couldn't even seen the impending national financial tsunami that was to befall the nation, and that anybody with half an ounce of intelligence could see what was coming from the first charvet shirt Charles J Haughey put on,before he told us all to tighen our belt's,Not Long after -- He warned of one even more devious than him BERTIE AHEARNE.

Yes I'm an auld thick,a NCD one at that, seen all the violence, drink ,drug's ,gun's ,death the lot,they say a lot in life can be forgiven,not in the eye's of the law -- they used to say --- ignorance was no defence in the eyes of the law-- you know what -- this nation under BERTIE AHEARNE +FIANNA FALL proved that right.... what's even more frightening is that there are still people out there that will still prove it right,and will go and vote FINNA FAIL,thinking Bertie +Co did no wrong.

Stick with Eamonn Ryan and his carbon tax loving,Finna Fail backing cronies , keep paying those evening increasing bin charges,ohh and by the way ,, you never once posted any suggestion on how to improve any thing for all yere bluster and FINNA FALE sympathies ...as my auld grannie used to say --there's no point in talking to a sick mind --you know what --I'm outta here -- tell it to the hand -- cause the face n this finger ain't listening --- now I'm deffo off to the top shop ... good nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Gents - Please remember to play the ball, not the man. Let's keep the discussion about the post rather than the poster.

Thanks,

tHB

Coming from an obvious FIANNA FAILER

OOH, You really got my number!!! Because I don't agree with your babbling I'm a FF'er! Amazingly funny and intelligent play on words there too.

Anyway best of luck, fire away to your hearts content.

A good thread ruined unfortunately. I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

kennyb3 wrote: »

A good thread ruined unfortunately. I'm out.

Yep, unreadable, rambling nonsense which is 90% off topic.

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »

A good thread ruined unfortunately.

I'd have to unfortunately agree

Advertisement